Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36 Semifinals

Eastbrook [9-0] at Lapel [8-2]

Looks like another nasty night for football, Cold and rainy.  Looks like RB1 for Lapel might be dinged up, only 4 carries for 20 yards.  Not that he would be an issue for this Eastbrook D.  Don't see much passing this game, this will be won in the trenches.  With that being said, Eastbrook by 4 TDs.  Running clock streak extended.

Tipton [9-1] at Alexandria [4-5]

Might be closer then most would think.  Feel as though it may come down to turnovers and Special teams being the difference here.  Tipton by 14

Good luck to all teams!  Hope all stay healthy and injury free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eastbrook over Lapel by 35 if rb1 plays. If not this game could get ugly quick. Remember both of Lapels loses where not even close. This is a big step up in talent for Lapel!

Tipton over Alexandria by running clock in 2nd half! Alex's defense still cannot tackle. Alex's offense better put up 40+ to be competitive in this game. Tipton speed will be overwhelming and the strength of their kids will also show as the game goes on. If you do not live in the weight room in off-season it will show!

Good luck to all the teams and stay healthy!

1 hour ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Eastbrook over Lapel by 42+
Tipton over Alexandria by 42+

I wish there was more to say, but Tipton and Eastbrook are just that much better than their competition.

That they are! Eastbrook’s offensive tempo is impressive. I think it’s one of the more underrated elements of their game. I FULLY expect the winner of 36 to play Andrean for a trip to LOS.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

That they are! Eastbrook’s offensive tempo is impressive. I think it’s one of the more underrated elements of their game. I FULLY expect the winner of 36 to play Andrean for a trip to LOS.

Ok, Can't not ask.  Who is beating Luers in your eyes?  Do they win their sectional? Lose to who in Regionals?

15 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Ok, Can't not ask.  Who is beating Luers in your eyes?  Do they win their sectional? Lose to who in Regionals?

Well firstly, ANY team can be beaten! So there’s that. I think as long as Luers stays humble and plays their game, they should win this Friday. Now next week against a juggernaut in Eastside is a different story. That game will be a down to the wire type of game. To me, it’s anyone’s guess. I think IF Luers were to squeak by Eastside, the winner of 36 presents their own unique challenge for the Knights. I’ve been saying to anyone who’d listen up here that Eastbrooks tempo on offense is unlike anything teams up here see and that could be a major problem for Luers. 

• Haha 2

Eastbrook’s tempo on offense is impressive. I think the reason Tipton was able to have some success against it last year was because they see it every year when they play LCC. Also WL some years when they face them in the crossover. This year Tipton didn’t face WL but they did play LCC twice. I fully expect both Tipton and Eastbrook to take care of business this week setting up the big show down in the Sectional Championship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Well firstly, ANY team can be beaten! So there’s that. I think as long as Luers stays humble and plays their game, they should win this Friday. Now next week against a juggernaut in Eastside is a different story. That game will be a down to the wire type of game. To me, it’s anyone’s guess. I think IF Luers were to squeak by Eastside, the winner of 36 presents their own unique challenge for the Knights. I’ve been saying to anyone who’d listen up here that Eastbrooks tempo on offense is unlike anything teams up here see and that could be a major problem for Luers. 

I don't know.  Prairie Heights presents their own unique challenge for the Knights.  I wouldn't look past this Friday!

I love the humble approach though.  Some other fan bases, perhaps one in this very thread, could learn from that.  

I'll say what I've said all season long.  Luers could lose if the weather takes out their passing game against the wrong opponent.  If the weather takes out their passing game completely, they may find themselves in a situation where they are in a 50-50 sort of game against another top 2A because I don't think they'll dominate the line of scrimmage against everyone they run up against.  At least they didn't last season when they got to Pioneer and Western Boone and those were both 50-50 type games.  Luers is no doubt better than last year, imo.  I suspect significantly better based on their regular season results but we'll see how that proves out in the tournament.  

• Disdain 1

6 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Looks like another nasty night for football, Cold and rainy.  Looks like RB1 for Lapel might be dinged up, only 4 carries for 20 yards.  Not that he would be an issue for this Eastbrook D.  Don't see much passing this game, this will be won in the trenches.  With that being said, Eastbrook by 4 TDs.  Running clock streak extended.

Might be closer then most would think.  Feel as though it may come down to turnovers and Special teams being the difference here.  Tipton by 14

Rb1 does have a name, it's Tyler Dollar. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djbowzz said:

Rb1 has a name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

Eastbrook’s tempo on offense is impressive. I think the reason Tipton was able to have some success against it last year was because they see it every year when they play LCC. Also WL some years when they face them in the crossover. This year Tipton didn’t face WL but they did play LCC twice. I fully expect both Tipton and Eastbrook to take care of business this week setting up the big show down in the Sectional Championship.  

There’s no denying the more you play a certain offensive style or tempo, the more used to it you get. I think the thing that fascinates me so much about Eastbrooks offense is that it’s a power run T-style offense that’s built to score 50 a night and also do it quickly. Most times you see teams just grind people with the T. 

21 minutes ago, XStar said:

I don't know.  Prairie Heights presents their own unique challenge for the Knights.  I wouldn't look past this Friday!

I love the humble approach though.  Some other fan bases, perhaps one in this very thread, could learn from that.  

I'll say what I've said all season long.  Luers could lose if the weather takes out their passing game against the wrong opponent.  If the weather takes out their passing game completely, they may find themselves in a situation where they are in a 50-50 sort of game against another top 2A because I don't think they'll dominate the line of scrimmage against everyone they run up against.  At least they didn't last season when they got to Pioneer and Western Boone and those were both 50-50 type games.  Luers is no doubt better than last year, imo.  I suspect significantly better based on their regular season results but we'll see how that proves out in the tournament.  

No question! Prairie Heights is coming off a nice road win over a pretty decent Woodlan team. Now they get the #2 Knights at home? I’d be chomping at the bit if I was the Panthers! 

Yes, they are much better than last year. The offensive line is undersized yes but they can go bigger if they really need to. To me, the biggest improvement has been in their physicality as a whole. They’re bigger, faster and stronger than last year and play with a chip on their shoulder. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rdollar said:

Rb1 does have a name, it's Tyler Dollar. 

I realize that, just don't like throwing kids names out there.  

Is there a health update on Mr. Dollar by chance?  Didn't see any news about the game, just saw that he had 4 carries for 20 yards.  Was there an injury or just resting up for Friday's game?

35 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

I realize that, just don't like throwing kids names out there.  

Is there a health update on Mr. Dollar by chance?  Didn't see any news about the game, just saw that he had 4 carries for 20 yards.  Was there an injury or just resting up for Friday's game?

I read in an article that he should be good to go. Kid is a heckuva player. I do however think if Lapel were to pull off the upset it would be with their pass game which is where Eastbrook has been most vulnerable over the years.

3 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

I read in an article that he should be good to go. Kid is a heckuva player. I do however think if Lapel were to pull off the upset it would be with their pass game which is where Eastbrook has been most vulnerable over the years.

Thank you, and I think any given Friday any team can win. Should be a good game... 

• Like 3

On 10/25/2021 at 3:44 PM, 07_statechamp54 said:

On 10/25/2021 at 3:44 PM, 07_statechamp54 said:

I dont think Eastbrook has seen an offense like Lapel.  I am the dad of the QB so I may be a little biased but I think this is going to be a great game.  Lapel has only had three bad quarters all season.  This has been a great sectional the past two years with Tipton, Lapel, Eastern and Eastbrook.  go dawgs!!!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jeremy said:

I dont think Eastbrook has seen an offense like Lapel.  I am the dad of the QB so I may be a little biased but I think this is going to be a great game.  Lapel has only had three bad quarters all season.  This has been a great sectional the past two years with Tipton, Lapel, Eastern and Eastbrook.  go dawgs!!!!!!

Even if Lapel’s offense is the best one Eastbrook has seen, I don’t think a defense that has given up 200 points this season can stop Eastbrook’s offense.  Not to mention, Eastbrook’s defense is probably the best defense that Lapel has seen all season.  Go Panthers!!

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Eastbrook over Lapel

It's supposed to rain as the day moves on which works to Eastbrook's advantage.  I think throwing the ball will be difficult and the advantage works for Eastbrook.  Lapel will battle them, but Eastbrook wins 35-14.

Tipton  over Alexandria

Running clock in second half.  Alexandria offense disappeared in latter part of season.  Tipton is too big and strong; and much better.  They will push Alexandria all over the field.  Easy road to finals for Tipton.  Tipton wins 54-12

From what it sounded like both games had the same outcome very early on! Tipton looked real good but not as good as last years team! Problem is when you play someone like Alexandria going into a game like Eastbrook I do not think it helps you. By the way Tipton could have won by 65+

Eastbrook is on a level that I believe this Tipton team has not seen. I know they lost to western. I do believe Eastbrook is that much better than western. Time will tell and we will see.

48 minutes ago, GV5 said:

From what it sounded like both games had the same outcome very early on! Tipton looked real good but not as good as last years team! Problem is when you play someone like Alexandria going into a game like Eastbrook I do not think it helps you. By the way Tipton could have won by 65+

Eastbrook is on a level that I believe this Tipton team has not seen. I know they lost to western. I do believe Eastbrook is that much better than western. Time will tell and we will see.

35-0 after 1. Definitely could have been really ugly. Freshman played whole second half so got the starters well rested. As far as if Tipton is as good as last year, I am not sure. I do think the defense is better this year. Eastbrook was probably the best team Tipton played last year too up to that point. I’m expecting another great game. Hoping it stays dry!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

35-0 after 1. Definitely could have been really ugly. Freshman played whole second half so got the starters well rested. As far as if Tipton is as good as last year, I am not sure. I do think the defense is better this year. Eastbrook was probably the best team Tipton played last year too up to that point. I’m expecting another great game. Hoping it stays dry!

Absolutely definitely will be coming over to see it and anything can happen! Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!

• Like 1