Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New classifications and enrollments?

5 hours ago, NE8Fan said:

Anyone know when they come out?

The last time enrollments and classifications for fall sports were released was on February 28, 2019. Sectional assignments for football, soccer, volleyball, and basketball were released two months later on April 29, 2019. My assumption is that these dates will be similar to this year’s enrollments/classifications and sectional alignments announcements.

1 hour ago, slicercoach said:

The bigger question is what figures are they going to use? Obviously this pandemic has the numbers skewed quite a bit. I certainly don't envy the IHSAA with trying to figure this one out!

What other numbers could they use other than current enrollment?

1 hour ago, slicercoach said:

The bigger question is what figures are they going to use? Obviously this pandemic has the numbers skewed quite a bit. I certainly don't envy the IHSAA with trying to figure this one out!

I wouldn't be surprised if they just said that they are using the same classifications from the previous two-year classification period, adjusting for SF movement where necessary, and they will re-classify, with new two-year numbers, next spring.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just said that they are using the same classifications from the previous two-year classification period, adjusting for SF movement where necessary, and they will re-classify, with new two-year numbers, next spring.

I personally believe that is how it should be. Baseball and basketball did not even get a chance at a full tournament last season.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:48 AM, Purdue Pete said:

What other numbers could they use other than current enrollment?

Previous enrollment classifications as stated above? 

This pandemic has the enrollment numbers all out of whack. Without trying to create too much controversy here, I believe that are a good number of schools that would "benefit" from using the current figures. It just doesn't seem right to me...

4 hours ago, slicercoach said:

Previous enrollment classifications as stated above? 

This pandemic has the enrollment numbers all out of whack. Without trying to create too much controversy here, I believe that are a good number of schools that would "benefit" from using the current figures. It just doesn't seem right to me...

I believe my school is way down, how would using an outdated number benefit?

20 hours ago, slicercoach said:

I'm not saying the old numbers would benefit anyone. I'm saying the new ones would. And it sounds like your school would be one of those.

I don't think they'd be of any benefit.  Isn't the idea of being placed by enrollment based on enrollment for a reason?  I'm not following the logic.  A poor to mediocre 2A team falling to lower in the 2A pool with fewer players?   I'm talking about where I teach, not the where I graduated from.