Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Moving Tournament Games

I feel I need to back up my deadly accurate “wimps” statement:

I’m old school.  I grew up in the 1980s and played on an all-grass surface.  Sure it would rain and even snow as the season progressed, therefore our white and grey pants and practice jerseys would inevitably get stained.  But, just as helmet stickers go, I wore them like a badge of honor.  That being said, it’s fun to get dirty.  It means you’re playing the hame hard, isn’t that what sports is all about?

By the way, my knees are fine.

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

From Eastside last night

Football as it was meant to be.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 2

I remember thinking how quickly the game was changing when the topic about schools getting field turf grew rapidly. The X factor now I think is based solely on the blind draw. One team with a turf field and a better record having to go to some muddy, sloppy field to play a team that in a seeded tournament, would never host a game. As a player, I too loved playing in the mud. As a coach, ehhhhhh not so much lol. 

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I remember thinking how quickly the game was changing when the topic about schools getting field turf grew rapidly. The X factor now I think is based solely on the blind draw. One team with a turf field and a better record having to go to some muddy, sloppy field to play a team that in a seeded tournament, would never host a game. As a player, I too loved playing in the mud. As a coach, ehhhhhh not so much lol. 

I understand, laundry can be quite a chore as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I feel I need to back up my deadly accurate “wimps” statement:

I’m old school.  I grew up in the 1980s and played on an all-grass surface.  Sure it would rain and even snow as the season progressed, therefore our white and grey pants and practice jerseys would inevitably get stained.  But, just as helmet stickers go, I wore them like a badge of honor.  That being said, it’s fun to get dirty.  It means you’re playing the hame hard, isn’t that what sports is all about?

By the way, my knees are fine.

Football as it was meant to be.

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Makes me wonder if anyone knows what the young men playing now think about playing in sloppy conditions. They are the ones that matter !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Makes me wonder if anyone knows what the young men playing now think about playing in sloppy conditions. They are the ones that matter !

Exactly!  The game is for them, not us.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Just wish we'd have neutral sites for regional and semi state, just like....... every other sport. 

Why I hope they never why would I want to drive an hour or longer to a neutral site when it is a home game or I only would have to drive about 30 min tops

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Wimps, all of you.

as my kids would say that is a boomer thing to say.  When I assume you are are around my age we played all thier was was grass and by this time of year ever feild was a mess up, now  with truff you can make the game  better and take weather a little bit out of the equation for the game.  It kind of like using map quest and print your driving directions still in stread of use gps on your phone.

2 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Why I hope they never why would I want to drive an hour or longer to a neutral site when it is a home game or I only would have to drive about 30 min tops

as my kids would say that is a boomer thing to say.  When I assume you are are around my age we played all thier was was grass and by this time of year ever feild was a mess up, now  with truff you can make the game  better and take weather a little bit out of the equation for the game.  It kind of like using map quest and print your driving directions still in stread of use gps on your phone.

Thanks, champ.  I stand beside my conment.

11 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Someone needs some spellcheck, I swear to God they do!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Just because it was done in the past doesn't make it the best way to do things....

Just because it is new doesn't make it better...

10 minutes ago, LuersLurker said:

Playing football in the mud when I was young was lots of fun!  Just get out the mud cleats and away we go

Vintage 1960s black Wilson football cleats size 8EE

Some of us don't have others to do our "laundry"....  Makes things kinda strange finding that 'off the beaten path' laundromat that you toss your MUDDERS in at 6AM Saturday Morning....

But yes, those are some fantastic kicks!!!  

Edited by Yuccaguy

12 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

East Central vs. Ev Memorial is 3hr 45mins one way. Play it in Seymour. 1.5hr for EC 2.5 for Evansville Mem.

Idk. Just an idea. 

16 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

East Central vs. Ev Memorial is 3hr 45mins one way. Play it in Seymour. 1.5hr for EC 2.5 for Evansville Mem.

Idk. Just an idea. 

Charlestown has a new turf field that would be a decent location to host that game. 1 hr 45 for East Central, 2 hrs for Mater Dei.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Idk. Just an idea. 

And CG and BD are about 30 min so why should they both drive and hour or longer to a neutral site.  Now if the ihsaa wanted to a cause by cause call on this I would think that would could work