Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Moving Tournament Games

2 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

And CG and BD are about 30 min so why should they both drive and hour or longer to a neutral site.  Now if the ihsaa wanted to a cause by cause call on this I would think that would could work

It can be done. Took me about an hour to identify neutral sites with turf for every (likely) regional game.  They could also select regional sites for each matchup prior to the start of the tournament, which would give host sites more time to plan ahead.  There are enough schools now with turf that it could be done.  Semi-state games at neutral sites are long overdue in my opinion. Do it like basketball and volleyball - 2 games on Saturday using 6 sites (3 north, 3 south).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Back when I was young...I'm sure you guys enjoy telling your stories from the barstool.  I'm proud to be your hero.

Maybe when your balls drop, you'll realize I made the same argument as you...they'll teach you reading comprehension once you get to middle school.

On 10/31/2021 at 11:15 AM, Trojanmp52 said:

And CG and BD are about 30 min so why should they both drive and hour or longer to a neutral site.  Now if the ihsaa wanted to a cause by cause call on this I would think that would could work

lol... play the Indy 6A regional....... in Indy? What's so hard about that? Why would the 6A regional be in the South? makes zero sense. Heaven forbid ANYONE in Indy ever have to drive anywhere? Good grief. I have zero sympathy if your 30 min drive had to be 45 mins. Zero. 

Find the nicest stadium on the southside of Indy that's neutral site and play it there. We drive 2.5 hours for a regional game and have drive that far for a sectional, as well, multiple times. 

We have neutral sites in basketball, baseball, and volleyball.... I would like to see it attempted in football. I think they do that in college too right? 

On 10/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, HoopsCoach said:

It can be done. Took me about an hour to identify neutral sites with turf for every (likely) regional game.  They could also select regional sites for each matchup prior to the start of the tournament, which would give host sites more time to plan ahead.  There are enough schools now with turf that it could be done.  Semi-state games at neutral sites are long overdue in my opinion. Do it like basketball and volleyball - 2 games on Saturday using 6 sites (3 north, 3 south).

NO!!!! We HATE innovative ideas!!!! 😂

21 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

lol... play the Indy 6A regional....... in Indy? What's so hard about that? Why would the 6A regional be in the South? makes zero sense. Heaven forbid ANYONE in Indy ever have to drive anywhere? Good grief. I have zero sympathy if your 30 min drive had to be 45 mins. Zero. 

Find the nicest stadium on the southside of Indy that's neutral site and play it there. We drive 2.5 hours for a regional game and have drive that far for a sectional, as well, multiple times. 

We have neutral sites in basketball, baseball, and volleyball.... I would like to see it attempted in football. I think they do that in college too right?

The solution I would recommend is to play the 6A regional game (if it’s Carmel/BD) at North Central or Pike.  Semi-state could then be held on Nov. 20th at Avon with 2 games.  The 5A game potentially between Cathedral and Bloomington North/South at 1 followed by the 6A game potentially between Center Grove and Carmel/BD at 5 or 6.  Time between games allows for the clearing of locker rooms and facility after the afternoon game and warm ups before the evening game.

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

This entire discussion between ya'll "skeeters" has been more than entertaining!   

(See I tossed in one from off the top rope)  😀

Easy there skippy, you can't lump everyone in under on caveat...

On 10/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, HoopsCoach said:

That's great. The logistics of hosting a football game are significantly greater than any other sport, due to the number of people, medical staff that have to be on hand, et al. 

At most schools, administrators *must* be on hand to oversee it. Not only that, but you need an army of ticket takers, press box personnel, chain gang, security, et al. Basketball and other sports require a little bit smaller commitment because it's in an indoor facility or (in the case of soccer/baseball), have smaller crowds.

That's a lot to ask of a school, especially if they a) have no chance of ever having a team in that game, and b) there is a possibility your school might be playing elsewhere that same night. 

Schools sign up to host basketball, et al, because they are guaranteed a home-court advantage if they play. They won't be granted the same in a totally neutral football world. 

And from the IHSAA's perspective, going fully neutral means a likely smaller crowd because it's effectively a road game for both teams. 

4 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

That's great. The logistics of hosting a football game are significantly greater than any other sport, due to the number of people, medical staff that have to be on hand, et al. 

At most schools, administrators *must* be on hand to oversee it. Not only that, but you need an army of ticket takers, press box personnel, chain gang, security, et al. Basketball and other sports require a little bit smaller commitment because it's in an indoor facility or (in the case of soccer/baseball), have smaller crowds.

That's a lot to ask of a school, especially if they a) have no chance of ever having a team in that game, and b) there is a possibility your school might be playing elsewhere that same night. 

Schools sign up to host basketball, et al, because they are guaranteed a home-court advantage if they play. They won't be granted the same in a totally neutral football world. 

Yet somehow Ohio has made it work for decades... if the OHSAA can figure it out, surely the IHSAA can.

4 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

And from the IHSAA's perspective, going fully neutral means a likely smaller crowd because it's effectively a road game for both teams. 

Again - would be interesting to see any sort of data from Ohio on this. Following the first round of playoffs, everything is neutral site. Surely the OHSAA wouldn't leave money on the table with smaller crowds at neutral site games all these years, would they?

29 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Yet somehow Ohio has made it work for decades... if the OHSAA can figure it out, surely the IHSAA can.

No, no! We are not allowed to learn from the experiences in other states. I believe Indiana is a Potawatomi Indian word that means “reinvent the wheel.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3