Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers vs. Eastside Sectional 35 Final

Well, it’s here folks. 11-0 #4 Eastside travels to 10-1 #2 Bishop Luers. I expect this game to absolutely live up to the billing. Coach Mason’s postgame comments tonight were awesome to hear! I love when Coaches get fired up like that. It adds to what is already a big game for both teams. Thoughts?? Predictions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Well, it’s here folks. 11-0 #4 Eastside travels to 10-1 #2 Bishop Luers. I expect this game to absolutely live up to the billing. Coach Mason’s postgame comments tonight were awesome to hear! I love when Coaches get fired up like that. It adds to what is already a big game for both teams. Thoughts?? Predictions?

I’m not backing off of Bishop Luers.  This is another one of their storied programs great teams. 

2 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Love for Eastside to get this one, but, you don’t bet against the Catholics!

Said Lee Corso 

Should be a good game. Think coin toss and who can set their offense up will be key. Eastside has to run the ball effectively and control the clock. Just concerned about their defense being able to stop the Luers air attack. Think Luers takes it though.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

Should be a good game. Think coin toss and who can set their offense up will be key. Eastside has to run the ball effectively and control the clock. Just concerned about their defense being able to stop the Luers air attack. Think Luers takes it though.

Firstly, I think the Knights need to get healthy. Sir Hale was in a walking boot last week and also had a couple others starters dinged up. Secondly, I think after the Snider game debacle, field and weather conditions are something to keep an eye on. If it’s another mudder next week then I think maybe the edge shifts to Eastside. 

Luers has to be more disciplined. Way too many penalties vs. P. heights. Can't have that from here on out. 

Players and coaches need to be in the game. After a score you should know who is suppose to be on field. you've played 10+ weeks now. This should be automatic.

Can't have a slow start. Especially on D.   Davis and #34, will run all over you. Two years ago Eastside beat Luers. Last year Luers narrowly pulled out the win. This team will not be a pushover.

Be ready. Don't have the mindset that all you have to do is just show up and you'll win. I guarantee if Luers does. They'll be getting ready for B-ball after next week.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Firstly, I think the Knights need to get healthy. Sir Hale was in a walking boot last week and also had a couple others starters dinged up. Secondly, I think after the Snider game debacle, field and weather conditions are something to keep an eye on. If it’s another mudder next week then I think maybe the edge shifts to Eastside. 

Perhaps they learned that a "HOME": game need not be played on Paulding Rd, to be won?  Field conditions are a MAJOR factor to the outcome of every contest....

The injury to Hale?  Did this occur in practice, or in last weeks' game?  He was fine following the Snider contest....

• Disdain 1

Hale's injury happend early in the 1st quarter in last week's game . He didn't play the rest of that game. He was dressed but did not play friday. Also, the Knights  had another injury to a starter last week where the player didn't finish the game. The player was dressed tonight too, but I don't think he played either against P. Heights.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Hale's injury happend early in the 1st quarter in last week's game . He didn't play the rest of that game. He was dressed but did not play friday. Also, the Knights  had another injury to a starter last week where the player didn't finish the game. The player was dressed tonight too, but I don't think he played either against P. Heights.

Luers I feel will only move locations again if Luersfield is absolutely unplayable. Otherwise, they’ll play it at home.

I had heard that there was a few key starters out for the Knights tonight. I don’t know the severity of Hale’s injury but Rj Houge, Doughty and Aiden Dennis have filled in very nicely in his absence.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Luers would be foolish to play on grass if there is rain in the forecast.

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Luers would be foolish to play on grass if there is rain in the forecast.

Available turf fields in Fort Wayne for Friday night: Homestead, Concordia and Spuller Stadium. The Luers/West Lafayette field a few years ago was awful and I believe hurt the Knights. I hope the higher ups at Luers learned a lesson from that game and try to get this game moved. 

12 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Wouldn't Eastside have to agree with moving the game? I have a hard time believing they’d want to move the game to turf. 

I am not sure that the visiting team has a "say" in this case.  But if you are a AC supporter, and easy answer could be found checking with the AC Athletic Director regarding last weeks' game moved to Bluffton.....

• Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

I'd like to see this game played at home regardless of weather. No excuses come playoff time.

What about a "FITBIT watch" that has been GPS'd to be buried between the 40-50 yard line after the Snider game? 

Y'all  might need to get that thang to a particular person if the field is playable.....😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Just announced this will be the 1380 am game of the week.

It's hard to imagine a Snider/Dwenger game not being the game of the week. But this one is hard to argue, Luers/Eastside takes the cake. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

It's hard to imagine a Snider/Dwenger game not being the game of the week. But this one is hard to argue, Luers/Eastside takes the cake. 

It really is hard to imagine. Honestly, I’m shocked it’s not. Sure, the game out at Luers is supposed to be a good one but it’s a small school game. Big school game should take precedence here in FW. 

6 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

It really is hard to imagine. Honestly, I’m shocked it’s not. Sure, the game out at Luers is supposed to be a good one but it’s a small school game. Big school game should take precedence here in FW. 

1A or 6A doesn't make me any difference. Some of the best football in the state of Indiana is played at small schools in Adams County. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

It has been played before...NEW BLOOD is the norm and the the game that is looked forward to.

3 hours ago, BTF said:

1A or 6A doesn't make me any difference. Some of the best football in the state of Indiana is played at small schools in Adams County. 

Completely agree 100 percent! I was more or less trolling the fact that 1380 doesn’t cover much small school football at all (Even if the small school is in FW) 🤷🏻‍♂️😆 but I digress. 

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Completely agree 100 percent! I was more or less trolling the fact that 1380 doesn’t cover much small school football at all (Even if the small school is in FW) 🤷🏻‍♂️😆 but I digress. 

Not sure I can even get 1380 in Georgetown. 😄

1 hour ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I think your right, by and large. Bigger schools, not named Luers, typically get most of the attention. Personally? I think it would be pretty scary if Luers had the enrollment of Cathedral. What if Pioneer had the enrollment of Penn. Imagine combining South Adams and Adams Central..........that would be a pretty good football team.