Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers vs. Eastside Sectional 35 Final

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think your right, by and large. Bigger schools, not named Luers, typically get most of the attention. Personally? I think it would be pretty scary if Luers had the enrollment of Cathedral. What if Pioneer had the enrollment of Penn. Imagine combining South Adams and Adams Central..........that would be a pretty good football team. 

I agree when it comes to combining South Adams and Adams Central. They really play some good football in that part of Adams County. Pioneer also I feel like could benefit largely from being a larger community and school. They play a good brand of Football there. I really don’t think Luers being the size of Cathedral would be all that scary. You’d just have what you have now, a lesser version of Snider and BD which still wouldn’t have the same amount of students as either school. Cathedral as of 3 years ago only had 1,185 students in 9-12. Now I’ve seen 1,074 as the number. That’s around the same size as Dwenger and much smaller than Snider. 

On 10/29/2021 at 11:38 PM, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Luers has to be more disciplined. Way too many penalties vs. P. heights. Can't have that from here on out. 

Players and coaches need to be in the game. After a score you should know who is suppose to be on field. you've played 10+ weeks now. This should be automatic.

Can't have a slow start. Especially on D.   Davis and #34, will run all over you. Two years ago Eastside beat Luers. Last year Luers narrowly pulled out the win. This team will not be a pushover.

Be ready. Don't have the mindset that all you have to do is just show up and you'll win. I guarantee if Luers does. They'll be getting ready for B-ball after next week.

There's someone on the Eastbrook-Tipton thread already looking ahead to the "inevitable" Eastbrook vs. Eastside matchup.  One game at a time fella.

Ain't taking nothing away from Eastside, but gotta go with Luers in this one.  Has Eastside played as difficult of a schedule as Luers? Not as familiar with some of their opponents as I am with SAC teams.

3 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

There's someone on the Eastbrook-Tipton thread already looking ahead to the "inevitable" Eastbrook vs. Eastside matchup

I am sure this is more of a prayer that they get to play Eastside over Luers.

3 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Has Eastside played as difficult of a schedule as Luers? Not as familiar with some of their opponents as I am with SAC teams.

No, Eastside's SOS isn't anywhere close to that of Luers, however after beating Luers in 2019 and losing in a shootout last year, this has the potential to be another good game. 

4 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

There's someone on the Eastbrook-Tipton thread already looking ahead to the "inevitable" Eastbrook vs. Eastside matchup.  One game at a time fella.

Ain't taking nothing away from Eastside, but gotta go with Luers in this one.  Has Eastside played as difficult of a schedule as Luers? Not as familiar with some of their opponents as I am with SAC teams.

I think this guy is just being sarcastic on the other thread!  It’s obvious to everyone that Luers is the team to beat.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Obvious how exactly? 

I would say that with their success last year and with how they’ve handled their business this year in their conference, that makes them appear to be the best team in 2A.  Sometimes games don’t always turn out the way they are expected, so we’ll see what happens.  Trust me I hope I’m wrong and my Eastbrook Panthers can pull out wins the next four weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I would say that with their success last year and with how they’ve handled their business this year in their conference, that makes them appear to be the best team in 2A.  Sometimes games don’t always turn out the way they are expected, so we’ll see what happens.  Trust me I hope I’m wrong and my Eastbrook Panthers can pull out wins the next four weeks.

I think there’s no denying that Luers is a good team and have had a good season. The fact is though, they have lost and didn’t look good at all in that loss. Eastbrook on the other hand is an unblemished 10-0, ranked #1 and is probably the best team offensively AND defensively left in the North. 

3 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I think there’s no denying that Luers is a good team and have had a good season. The fact is though, they have lost and didn’t look good at all in that loss. Eastbrook on the other hand is an unblemished 10-0, ranked #1 and is probably the best team offensively AND defensively left in the North. 

There's no shame in losing to a 5A power. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Yes they did lose... to a 5A power that lost to a 6A power that Luers beat...c'mon man !

24 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Yes they did lose... to a 5A power that lost to a 6A power that Luers beat...c'mon man !

I think @07_statechamp54 knows that points to the steady decline of performance as the season progressed.

Week 1 - beat Carroll

Week 9 - lose to Snider who lost to Carroll in week 2

Who knows how far this slide might take them?  Perhaps they lose this week to Eastside or perhaps they lose next week at Eastbrook at JAS.  We all know that no opponent makes it out of JAS alive.  

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

There's no shame in losing to a 5A power. 

No, not when your a 2A school. It’s supposed to happen? Or at least is the old adage 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

So would you call that a good loss? Is the loss to Luers for Carroll a good loss also then?? I obviously can’t speak for the coaching staff at Luers but I’m willing to bet they’re not satisfied with a “moral victory” of sorts. I know I wouldn’t be 💪🏼

4 hours ago, XStar said:

I think @07_statechamp54 knows that points to the steady decline of performance as the season progressed.

Week 1 - beat Carroll

Week 9 - lose to Snider who lost to Carroll in week 2

Who knows how far this slide might take them?  Perhaps they lose this week to Eastside or perhaps they lose next week at Eastbrook at JAS.  We all know that no opponent makes it out of JAS alive.  

There's no such thing as a sliding team that gets through the SAC with only one loss. The Knights are as good now as they were in Week 1. If they lose from this point forward, it's because they didn't put their best foot forward. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

There's no such thing as a sliding team that gets through the SAC with only one loss. The Knights are as good now as they were in Week 1. If they lose from this point forward, it's because they didn't put their best foot forward. 

I’m not taking anything away from a good 8-1 SAC season. It’s a gauntlet no question, so kudos to the knights for only slipping once but the goal is to win them all. Especially when your the smallest program and town always playing with a chip on your shoulder. 

I agree that the knights can lose on any given Friday. I though, unlike some, am not ready to just anoint them State Champions because they “seem to be the most talented”. I always go back to Dwenger-Elmhurst in 2003 to open the season. What a game! E-hurst snapped a 74 game losing streak to the #1 ranked team in 4A. Luers needs to stay humble and hungry every week if they want to win the State Title.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Does Eastbrook go into the playoffs 9-0 or even 8-1 if they play in Luers conference though? I'm sure if Luers played Eastbrooks schedule they would be an unblemished 10-0 and a lot healthier than it sounds like they are. I'm not trying to knock Eastbrook, their conference, or record, winning every week is hard no matter who you play. I just think there is a gap in the level of competition between the two conferences which in my opinion makes Luers record more impressive than Eastbrook and more of the team to beat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Does Eastbrook go into the playoffs 9-0 or even 8-1 if they play in Luers conference though? I'm sure if Luers played Eastbrooks schedule they would be an unblemished 10-0 and a lot healthier than it sounds like they are. I'm not trying to knock Eastbrook, their conference, or record, winning every week is hard no matter who you play. I just think there is a gap in the level of competition between the two conferences which in my opinion makes Luers record more impressive than Eastbrook and more of the team to beat.

CIC or MIC.  Doesn't matter.  Undefeated.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

This is what I've been thinking, too, and about both Eastside/Eastbrook.  Does either of them go thru the SAC with the same record as the Knights?  It's why I asked the question about strength of schedule several posts ago.  But you know the old saying about what can happen any given Friday night....

Will have to pull for Luers this week, but if they win and if Eastbrook wins, will be a tough call the following week.  The benefit for everyone is these next couple of games should be pretty awesome and that's good for everyone.

16 hours ago, BTF said:

Exactly its not a thing of luck that they are a shared sac champion. They lost to a very good snider team and there's no Shame in that. 

23 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Exactly its not a thing of luck that they are a shared sac champion. They lost to a very good snider team and there's no Shame in that. 

No shame, yes. Satisfied with 8-1 and a shared Victory Bell?? Not a chance. My Luers team in 2007 went 5-4 in the SAC, we lost those 4 games to Harding (2006 2A Champs), North, Snider and Dwenger by a COMBINED 20 pts…knowing we were that close to the Victory Bell still haunts me and I have a blue ring! While I can’t speak to the mindset of these kids I would imagine they wanted that 15-0 mark.

The key now is to stay humble and realize that every week is championship week. If they do that and play 48 minutes of Luers Football, they’ll be just fine.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

No shame, yes. Satisfied with 8-1 and a shared Victory Bell?? Not a chance. My Luers team in 2007 went 5-4 in the SAC, we lost those 4 games to Harding (2006 2A Champs), North, Snider and Dwenger by a COMBINED 20 pts…knowing we were that close to the Victory Bell still haunts me and I have a blue ring! While I can’t speak to the mindset of these kids I would imagine they wanted that 15-0 mark.

The key now is to stay humble and realize that every week is championship week. If they do that and play 48 minutes of Luers Football, they’ll be just fine.

This is what I respect about Luers football. They are the only 2A school in a conference dominated by 6A, 5A, and 4A schools. They have an expectation of winning the SAC, not just competing. 

30 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I was on the 09-13 teams. This team shouldn't be satisfied no but still a heck of an accomplished sharing the title. And I agree winning state all 4 years was great but painting the bell from blue to black and red was something I'll never forget. 

1 minute ago, BLKnights7 said:

I was on the 09-13 teams. This team shouldn't be satisfied no but still a heck of an accomplished sharing the title. And I agree winning state all 4 years was great but painting the bell from blue to black and red was something I'll never forget. 

09-12* sorry fat crooked fingers 

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

This is what I respect about Luers football. They are the only 2A school in a conference dominated by 6A, 5A, and 4A schools. They have an expectation of winning the SAC, not just competing. 

Championship Mentality ✊🏼

32 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

09-12* sorry fat crooked fingers 

Those were some great teams! I had the honor of sharing the field with the seniors on the ‘09 and some from the ‘10 team. A lot of great players but even better people ✊🏼 I always felt bad for the ‘08 team though, losing up in Baugo Twp like that. Should’ve been the first school in state history to win 6 straight football state championships.