Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36 Championship - Tipton vs. Eastbrook

I think the key to staying in games with Eastbrook is finding a way to stun them to start the game. Notice how I say "staying in the game with them". Just because you stun them early with big plays doesn't mean you win which says a lot about the Eastbrook mentality and program that has been built. I just remember in 2018 being at the Cass and Eastbrook game. No one was giving Cass a shot, and Cass came out with an early pick 6. From there it was a dog fight that ultimately ended in Eastbrook winning by 2. The point I'm trying to make is if Eastbrook jumps out to a two touchdown lead against anyone, forget about a comeback. If you jump out to the two touchdown lead against them, you've given yourself a chance to win the game. Tipton has to be ready to go from the jump this Friday in order to have a shot at winning this. I have to agree with what someone said earlier. I think this will be a really fun game to watch that will be a lot closer than anyone thinks it will be.

43 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I think the key to staying in games with Eastbrook is finding a way to stun them to start the game. Notice how I say "staying in the game with them". Just because you stun them early with big plays doesn't mean you win which says a lot about the Eastbrook mentality and program that has been built. I just remember in 2018 being at the Cass and Eastbrook game. No one was giving Cass a shot, and Cass came out with an early pick 6. From there it was a dog fight that ultimately ended in Eastbrook winning by 2. The point I'm trying to make is if Eastbrook jumps out to a two touchdown lead against anyone, forget about a comeback. If you jump out to the two touchdown lead against them, you've given yourself a chance to win the game. Tipton has to be ready to go from the jump this Friday in order to have a shot at winning this. I have to agree with what someone said earlier. I think this will be a really fun game to watch that will be a lot closer than anyone thinks it will be.

I would agree with this. Tipton jumped to a 28-6 lead last year. I would say most people expect it to be a good game. Eastbrook will be the best team Tipton has played this year and Tipton will be the best team Eastbrook has played. As was the case a year ago. 

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

That’s the sign of a program with that’s in a good spot 👍🏼 I agree with you 100%. There is always that team that you have to really come out and get them down a couple scores in order to have a shot. 2A North seems to be filled with teams like that. 

On 11/2/2021 at 12:48 AM, XStar said:

Call me whatever you want to.  You can't address the content.  You guys should just feel fortunate we don't have more in-depth conversations about Eastbrook football.

Also, at least I contribute financially to keep this site up and running.  Why is it that none of the Eastbrook fans here are listed as boosters?

Is $30/year too much to ask so you can start a weekly thread for CIC football and boast about beating terrible teams and act as if other people are impressed by a "running clock streak" against a CIC schedule?

Trolls gonna troll. Why not start your own thread about Eastbrook football. You can call it, "A Trolls Guide for Dummies"

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

Trolls gonna troll. Why not start your own thread about Eastbrook football. You can call it, "A Trolls Guide for Dummies"

You have identified the audience.  I'm afraid my title would probably have something to do with home security systems though.

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

Nailed the holder....  

Similar play changed momentum in the first Snider-Dwenger matchup. BD blocked the kick down 3 late and had momentum. The officials called roughing the holder and gave snider 1st and goal. It’s a good call, you just hate to see a game decided by a call of any kind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Similar play changed momentum in the first Snider-Dwenger matchup. BD blocked the kick down 3 late and had momentum. The officials called roughing the holder and gave snider 1st and goal. It’s a good call, you just hate to see a game decided by a call of any kind.

It's the correct call.  The Bremen player showed alot of character and even owned up to it after the game and didn't try to blame the officials (like others we know).  It's just extremely rare to ever see it called, let alone on a play that literally determines which team goes to state and had no bearing on the outcome of the field goal.  It's pretty ironic to hear complaining from the same fans that have reaped the rewards of many generous calls over the years but literally cry like babies every time they lose.  

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

24 minutes ago, XStar said:

It's the correct call.  The Bremen player showed alot of character and even owned up to it after the game and didn't try to blame the officials (like others we know).  It's just extremely rare to ever see it called, let alone on a play that literally determines which team goes to state and had no bearing on the outcome of the field goal.  It's pretty ironic to hear complaining from the same fans that have reaped the rewards of many generous calls over the years but literally cry like babies every time they lose.  

It NOT a "call".  Its' a PENALTY!  

As a fan, you can attach whatever moniker that you want to it, but if an infraction occurs....  It's the job of the officials to appropriately adjudicate the situation in an impartial fashion.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XStar said:

No crying here. Just proving your ignorance. You need a tissue? 

1 minute ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I’m down with that.  I’m sure there’s one coward here that will continue to hide behind their computer.

Not ME...

This game has the "sneaky" dominance in the North that many have looked beyond in 2A.  I honestly don't see either side as the winner.  I just look for a fantastic HS game. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I’m down with that.  I’m sure there’s one coward here that will continue to hide behind their computer.

I was on the field after the 2018 and 2019 semi-state games.  Nobody ever comes and says hi.  Very rude.