Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36 Championship - Tipton vs. Eastbrook

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Have you ever been to Tipton???

Been there a time or two for a basketball regional. I remember having time between games and we ended up at a bowling alley. I think it was the only thing to do in Tipton. If I remember correctly though the food wasn’t bad. Any Tipton folks that would like to send any good eat spots my way that’d be greatly appreciated 👍🏼😆

Now back to the game. Some questions I have…will Tipton be able to neutralize Eastbrook at the point of attack? Can Eastbrook’s secondary contain the pass game of Tipton? Will turnovers and special teams become a huge deciding factor? I think if Tipton offensively can run the ball efficiently up the middle of the defense early, that’ll open up the pass game. Defensively, I’m not sure what Tipton runs but I’d run an adjusted 5-2 that way your covered up front but also covered on the off chance of a play option pass. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:44 AM, Gibbs said:

These games between Tipton and and Eastbrook have been quite the home advantage for the Blue Devils. If this is at JAS this would be a blowout

Recent* history has Tipton and Eastbrookt 1-1, both winning on their home field.
(* verified back to 1994)

Nothing about playing at Tipton last year caused Eastbrook's uncharacteristic mistakes in the first half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maynard111 said:

Recent* history has Tipton and Eastbrookt 1-1, both winning on their home field.
(* verified back to 1994)

Nothing about playing at Tipton last year caused Eastbrook's uncharacteristic mistakes in the first half.

I agree.  Turnovers and penalties definitely killed the Panthers in that game.  You can’t make mistakes against a team as good as Tipton and expect to win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCKfan4life said:

Is this going to be streamed by anyone?

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Sorry, for some reason my quote button doesn't work. If you go to the ISHAA website or there is even an app, you can find just about any games live stream on there at this point in the season.

IHSAA*

Just make sure you are getting a link to an actual valid stream link.
There were a a bunch of scammers that would show up with links whenever someone asked about seeing our girls soccer online during their tournament run.
The IHSAA has issued, and continues to issue warnings about these scams.

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/news media/2021-22/082021.pdf

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

This game has the "sneaky" dominance in the North that many have looked beyond in 2A.  I honestly don't see either side as the winner.  I just look for a fantastic HS game. 

This game has the potential to be a high scoring affair. This could end up being a 52-49 final score with the final play being a tipped ball for an interception in the end zone.

It is funny/comical how people get on here and blame refs for a loss! I am not saying a call can influence that part of the game but when there are typically 80-100 plays it doesn't change the game especially when you have 2 well coached teams that believe in their coaches. There is a reason these teams are making deep runs year in and year out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

This game has the potential to be a high scoring affair. This could end up being a 52-49 final score with the final play being a tipped ball for an interception in the end zone.

Man I just don't see Tipton putting up that many points against Eastbrook.  Maybe I am wrong but with each teams best playing 4 quarters I believe Eastbrook is better across the board. Maybe I am wrong but we will see.

28 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

I dont think so..... the Western game says otherwise....this is not the push over reg season... wher u jus put up pts at will vrs overmatched opponents..... i think both teams will find it much more diff to score..... things like field position ect should b paid close atten too.... ask Linton...

• Thanks 1