Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36 Championship - Tipton vs. Eastbrook

14 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

I was able to see the video and it is tough to see but if you freeze it at the right time you can see the ball on the ground. If there’s a more clear video that shows he caught it then I would love to see it. 

Let’s get this straight, if someone from Eastbrook were to complain about officiating, then they get ripped by everyone on here.  But, if another team has issues with a call or calls, then that is completely justified.  It would seem to me that if you have an issue with the call, then you should be providing proof of your grievance.  Just for the record, I haven’t complained about any calls and I support my team.  I’m wondering which team Xstooge supports other than anyone who plays Eastbrook.  Like I said in an earlier post Eastbrook fans haven’t been represented well on here in the past, but don’t just lump me in with everyone just because we support the same school.

That was a GREAT  high school football game… Both teams played to their potential with very few mistakes… The coaches for each team had great game plans… The atmosphere was exciting… The teams were evenly matched with athletes… It was as good of a match up as you can get, and both teams delivered. Heartbreaking to lose a close game, but Tipton can say they played every down with no regrets. Good luck to Eastbrook.

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

Glad they got it right. A great game deserves great officiating.

I would not say they got it right... However, I have never been in their situation, either (and I would say the same about many people on this topic). In games that include two top teams, maybe the best two in 2A North, there is little margin for error for the players and coaches, but also the officials. That play happened to be “the play” that influenced the outcome of the game. It was 2 and 20 with close to 2:30 left in the 4th, 21-21. The previous play, Tipton nearly intercepted the option pitch. It’s how EB got in that situation. Even though Eastbrook stopped Tipton on their previous drive, they were very gassed and Tipton was not, and had some momentum. On the pass, a Tipton defender hit the QB at the moment he threw the pass, two Eastbrook receivers and two Tipton defensive backs were going for the ball. The two Eastbrook receivers hit each other while going for the ball. The ball was not caught. One Eastbrook player had the awareness to quickly grab the ball as he was rolling over. Now, here is where my heart goes out to the officials and the team who does not benefit from the call. The one closest to the play did not signal the catch, and he is the one you can see in the video clip. The sideline official is the one who called the complete pass. Unfortunately, it was missed… There was no doubt that he questioned whether he made the right call or not. For the record, I am not complaining about the call. The game went like it went and it ended the way it did. He made the call and we had to live with it. Like I said previously, it was a very well played game between those two very good teams. I don’t know the officials, not sure we have ever had this crew before, but I wouldn’t consider this great officiating, the call was missed, period. I will say they let the kids play, not a lot of penalties throughout this game… And, I am sure they are great guys! Here is my question back to you… How do you do justice for the players, coaches, schools, parents, and fans in such a game? Are we behind in using similar means to verify calls as the “next level” does? I believe high school football, and other sports, are progressing enough that it has to be considered.

9 hours ago, Devilpride95 said:

Even though Eastbrook stopped Tipton on their previous drive, they were very gassed and Tipton was not, and had some momentum.

When you get the opportunity, watch that last drive again and tell us who was gassed and who wasn't.

On 11/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, Devilpride95 said:

Here is my question back to you… How do you do justice for the players, coaches, schools, parents, and fans in such a game? Are we behind in using similar means to verify calls as the “next level” does? I believe high school football, and other sports, are progressing enough that it has to be considered.

Just a game.  Played by children.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Devilpride95 said:

The ball is clearly seen on the grass by the possession arrow next to the 20.

He trapped it. Such is life. I have more of an issue with the official on our sideline being out of position, and the back judge not stepping in to help, because it's pretty obvious the ball hit the ground. It sucks for Tipton, obviously, but you expect a sectional championship crew to be in better position make a call. 

It was trapped, official made the call, right or wrong.  Eastbrook won an instant classic against a very good Tipton team.  Congrats on a great season Blue Devils. Tipton Fans were anything but hospitable (You always have that one or isolated group that isn't.  Both sides are guilty of that)  Tipton fans didn't raise a stink about us being on the field celebrating the win, walked through the tunnel on their side to leave the field and nothing but congrats given, both ways.

Game is over, nothing is gonna change no matter what is said here.  On to the next game. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, Devilpride95 said:

How do you do justice for the players, coaches, schools, parents, and fans in such a game? Are we behind in using similar means to verify calls as the “next level” does? I believe high school football, and other sports, are progressing enough that it has to be considered.

FYI, the National Federation recently authorized the use of replay during tournaments on a state-by-state basis. My understanding is that there is less than zero interest in replay over at 9150 N. Meridian.

• Like 1

You know Blue Devil faithful. There is an officials shortage. The IHSAA will be happy to have you help make officiating better. You guys clearly have better vision from the stands than the guys on the field. We could use those hawk eyes on Friday nights.

Edited by LCCAlum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

You know Blue Devil faithful. There is an officials shortage. The IHSAA will be happy to have you help make officiating better. You guys clearly have better vision from the stands than the guys on the field. We could use those hawk eyes on Friday nights.

(Devilpride95 clears his throat)…I will be an football official at some point, just not done coaching yet…