Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Finals - Sights

So there are 48 sights where sectional championships will be held this weekend

According to the 2021 Football Digest based on what is in the book the following was derived

6A - 7 games on turf and 1 on natural grass

5A - 7 games on turf and 1 on grass

4A -  6 games on turf and 2 on grass

3A - 4 games on turf and 4 on grass

2A - 3 games on turf and 5 on grass

1A - 1 game on turf and 7 on grass

These #'s were derived from the digest and some information may have changed since it was submitted to print

28 on turf and 20 on grass

The next question would be what if any of the grass fields are worn or tore up from games last weekend?

2 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

The next question would be what if any of the grass fields are worn or tore up from games last weekend?

Run what you brung.  

I guess these turf teams that have to play on grass better invest in some good old school cleats.  It works better if you file the last 1/8 inch or so of plastic from each cleat, so that the end of the metal post is exposed.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Run what you brung.  

I guess these turf teams that have to play on grass better invest in some good old school cleats.  It works better if you file the last 1/8 inch or so of plastic from each cleat, so that the end of the metal post is exposed.

"Back when I played" we used shoes with removeable cleats.  We had two different lengths for sure, and I seem to remember possibly three.  Only downside is sometimes one would back out.

Played/practiced more than I care to remember on wet/muddy surfaces.  Survived just fine and absolutely loved it.  Turf vs. no turf sometimes seems like a first world problem to me.  But I understand, the game changes based on the type and quality of playing surface.

Edited by Bonecrusher
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

According to the 2021 Football Digest based on what is in the book the following was derived

These #'s were derived from the digest and some information may have changed since it was submitted to print

NONE of the 6A games are being played on grass!   

10 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Which 6A is natural grass?

NONE... Information provided is inaccurate.

We wore Speedways Field up pretty good on Friday Night. See if it can spring back up during the week. They do have a nice Grass Field, but with all the rain last week and it rained the entire game Friday Night, it was nice and muddy.

I haven't checked weather for Friday night yet though.

Yes, it was Carroll that was listed as natural grass in the book

LaVille looked like a mud bath on the sports last Friday night.  I am not sure what they can do to make it somewhat decent.  There may be some lake effect rain this week.  Who knows how much sun plus they are talking about heavy frost a couple of nights this week as well

A couple of weeks ago Mishawaka has a large puddle of water on one end of the field, I believe the last week of the regular season.  Their field always seems to be pretty worn by this time of year.

6 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Looks there are some socioeconomic issues at play here.