Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC Sectionals - Championship Week

Warsaw at Carroll - The Chargers won in a more convincing fashion over the Spartans last Friday than they did in Week 7. The Tigers will have had three whole weeks to prepare for this game though, come this Friday. Will it be enough? Carroll by 13

Snider at Bishop Dwenger - Both the Panthers and the Saints were given more than they bargained for last Friday. Were they both looking ahead? Regardless, both teams are chomping at the bit to finally play one another in the playoffs. Panthers restart their sectional dominance. Snider by 9

Wayne at Mississinewa - The Generals proved me dead wrong in the score category, but dead right in the improving program category. The Indians might want to watch out, Haydock is getting hot at the right time. Mississinewa by 14

Eastside at Bishop Luers - The Sag favors the Knights by 7.5. Offensive and defensive averages favor the Blazers by 2.5. Strength of schedule is in the Knights favor. What does Luers Field look like on Friday? Watch this one for sure folks. Bishop Luers by 3

51 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

Warsaw at Carroll - The Chargers won in a more convincing fashion over the Spartans last Friday than they did in Week 7. The Tigers will have had three whole weeks to prepare for this game though, come this Friday. Will it be enough? Carroll by 13

Snider at Bishop Dwenger - Both the Panthers and the Saints were given more than they bargained for last Friday. Were they both looking ahead? Regardless, both teams are chomping at the bit to finally play one another in the playoffs. Panthers restart their sectional dominance. Snider by 9

Wayne at Mississinewa - The Generals proved me dead wrong in the score category, but dead right in the improving program category. The Indians might want to watch out, Haydock is getting hot at the right time. Mississinewa by 14

Eastside at Bishop Luers - The Sag favors the Knights by 7.5. Offensive and defensive averages favor the Blazers by 2.5. Strength of schedule is in the Knights favor. What does Luers Field look like on Friday? Watch this one for sure folks. Bishop Luers by 3

Very good points made for each game!  I’m of the same camp who believes Coach Haydock will turn Wayne around so Kudos. I think all of these games are worth going to/streaming. All are good matchups. I’ll be tuned into all of these games on Friday! Good luck to all teams!

Warsaw @ Carroll: Carroll by 17

Snider @ Bishop Dwenger: Snider by 13

Wayne @ Mississinewa: Ole Miss by 6

Eastside @ Bishop Luers: Eastside by 7

Snider vs Dwenger for a sectional title..doesn't get much better in early November..cyo teams don't lose too often n the panthers will need their best game yet to bring in the hardware..comes down to special teams..Sni high by 1

Carroll vs Warsaw had Warsaw originally picked to win this game until Concord stubbed their toe last week ..still think the Tigers n Bart ball give dinan fits until they figure it out late..chargers by 3

Wayne vs Mississinewa the generals will have their work cut out for them if planning on the upset..sectional titles don't happen after the first win (unless ur in 6a) n hopefully they didn't celebrate too much..maybe haydock shows his state ring as little extra motivation..miss by 6

Luers vs Eastside tough call with the knights rolling although the blazers have yet to taste defeat..if the green n white can score first n often..coach k will be in for a long knight..being on calhoun brings the ghosts of glories past n they get it in ot by 2.

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Snider vs Dwenger for a sectional title..doesn't get much better in early November..cyo teams don't lose too often n the panthers will need their best game yet to bring in the hardware..comes down to special teams..Sni high by 1

Carroll vs Warsaw had Warsaw originally picked to win this game until Concord stubbed their toe last week ..still think the Tigers n Bart ball give dinan fits until they figure it out late..chargers by 3

Wayne vs Mississinewa the generals will have their work cut out for them if planning on the upset..sectional titles don't happen after the first win (unless ur in 6a) n hopefully they didn't celebrate too much..maybe haydock shows his state ring as little extra motivation..miss by 6

Luers vs Eastside tough call with the knights rolling although the blazers have yet to taste defeat..if the green n white can score first n often..coach k will be in for a long knight..being on calhoun brings the ghosts of glories past n they get it in ot by 2.

Calhoun you state; the school address is 333 E. Paulding Road, and the Eastside of the Luers stadium is actually along S. Lafayette St., but the address for the Stadium is Doan Drive.

4 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

Yes, Luers is ~just~ off Calhoun, so @statmurp_10 is technically right, he's just doing a bit of trolling lol

There sits a bench on the corner of calhoun that stakes claim..my gf lives across the street from it..but that's just between us..my wife doesn't know about the bench..

Edited by Justasportsfan
  • Haha 3

Warsaw at Carroll..........Carroll is a well balanced team this year. With a defense that is drastically improved and an offense that can put some points on the board, I think Warsaw struggles this time around. It would be a devastating mistake for the Chargers to agree with me though. I'll take Carroll by 14

Snider at Dwenger..........Normally when these two rivals collide, the better team comes out on top. The underdog always makes it interesting though as I've seen games that were suppose to be blowouts turn into 3pt games. There's no doubt that Dwenger is the underdog in this one, but what happens when these two duke it out in the playoffs for the first time ever? The Saints will be ready. Dwenger by 3

Wayne at Mississinewa..........Most on here underestimated Wayne when they played Delta last week. Apparently they didn't learn anything. What I'm learning is that a 2-7 record in the SAC doesn't equate to a bad football team. Generals by 3

Eastside at Luers..........No result would shock me in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if Luers won by multiple scores. But I also wouldn't be totally shocked if the Knights are emptying their lockers after the game. Luers by 10

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 6:48 PM, CLKeller16 said:

Warsaw at Carroll - Carroll by 13

Snider at Bishop Dwenger - Snider by 9

Wayne at Mississinewa - Mississinewa by 14

Eastside at Bishop Luers - Bishop Luers by 3

Finals:

Warsaw 0-36 Carroll

Snider 20-42 Dwenger

Wayne 6-42 Mississinewa

Eastside 21-16 Luers

I work second shift and was mostly listening to the Snider game, but I was very disappointed in their performance. I don't know if they were just shook by the close game with Northrop last week, or if they were bit by the injury bug, or what... such a sad way to end a season for a team that exceeded expectations this year. Good luck to the Saints, y'all have a beast in Valpo next week.

I didn't see much of the Luers game, mostly just checked the score now and then. They lost to a very solid Blazers team, Who I also wish all the luck to. My heart goes out to the Knight's seniors... to come up ~just~ short last year in the State game, they wanted nothing more than to come out on top of the State this year. They ran through the SAC, beating almost all the perennial powerhouses, and looked poised to finally take back the 2A crown. Hopefully this isn't just a one time thing, I'd love for Luers to rejoin the ranks as one of SAC's best. Fort Wayne football is the most exciting when Dwenger and Snider aren't in control of the city. 

Godspeed to all the teams left in the tournaments. From this week on, I'll be cheering for BD, Carroll, and Adams Central.

(Just saw that Leo lost as well tonight. Upset central all across the Fort tonight.)

2 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

Finals:

Warsaw 0-36 Carroll

Snider 20-42 Dwenger

Wayne 6-42 Mississinewa

Eastside 21-16 Luers

I work second shift and was mostly listening to the Snider game, but I was very disappointed in their performance. I don't know if they were just shook by the close game with Northrop last week, or if they were bit by the injury bug, or what... such a sad way to end a season for a team that exceeded expectations this year. Good luck to the Saints, y'all have a beast in Valpo next week.

I didn't see much of the Luers game, mostly just checked the score now and then. They lost to a very solid Blazers team, Who I also wish all the luck to. My heart goes out to the Knight's seniors... to come up ~just~ short last year in the State game, they wanted nothing more than to come out on top of the State this year. They ran through the SAC, beating almost all the perennial powerhouses, and looked poised to finally take back the 2A crown. Hopefully this isn't just a one time thing, I'd love for Luers to rejoin the ranks as one of SAC's best. Fort Wayne football is the most exciting when Dwenger and Snider aren't in control of the city. 

Godspeed to all the teams left in the tournaments. From this week on, I'll be cheering for BD, Carroll, and Adams Central.

(Just saw that Leo lost as well tonight. Upset central all across the Fort tonight.)

Dwenger plays Zionsville 

5 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Their program is heading for 6a soon..should be a good one..they played last year too?

They did play last year. Correct me if I am wrong but they should be playing in 6A just like Valparaiso. Both teams dropped down when schools got bumped up.