Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard at Roncalli (Sectional 22 Championship)

4 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Passive aggressive much, Lysander. You are the most gushing, obnoxious Chatard apologist on the board. Evidenced by your 6 paragraph post on how good Chatard and Doyle is. Funny.

Pound sand. You'll always be Cathedral's little red-headed step child. Roncalli wins by 2 TDs. Roncalli running game rolls. 

Looks like Lysander has a fan! Lucky! 

4 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Passive aggressive much, Lysander. You are the most gushing, obnoxious Chatard apologist on the board. Evidenced by your 6 paragraph post on how good Chatard and Doyle is. Funny.

Pound sand. You'll always be Cathedral's little red-headed step child. Roncalli wins by 2 TDs. Roncalli running game rolls. 

I’m just glad to see it took less than a day for the bait to be taken.  Thanks for adding the last two sentences so your post somehow pertains to the thread?

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2021 at 3:49 AM, Lysander said:

Okay,  first, I'll put it out there.  This is "kind" of a legit game....despite Chatard being a huge underdog (and I think the only distant threat to Roncalli...outside of East Central).  I was reluctant to post it because I generally refuse to call attention to my team of favor (Sorry, Chatard folks are just not like Cathedral fans....we have some modicum of self-awareness and humility...looking forward to the upcoming contretemp that "We are the MOST humble" from Cathedral folks....thinking the subtlety will escape their ego...it's why I love them). 

Still, this, if it goes down like the first game, it's between the number 1 and 3 teams in 4A (per Sags and CalPreps...although I think it's actually between #1 and #2 in 4A).

I consider this the 4A Game of the Week although I also consider Chatard the HUGE underdog in this game.....kind of like last year against Merrillville with their 10+ D1 players.   That said, Roncalli isn't Merrillville.  Roncalli isn't soft (like Merrillville last year) and they know how dangerous Chatard can be.  Roncalli is well coached and simply a BEAST of a team.

Chatard was the last team to beat Roncalli which was last year (28-7....which really didn't reflect the closeness of the game in my opinion).  This year they played Roncalli closer than anyone else has so far.  For anyone who has seen game film, Chatard looks like a Freshman team lining up against the varsity in that game vs. Roncalli (which says a lot more about the HUGE size of Roncalli than the size of Chatard).

I'm hoping this game is as good as it can be but it is clearly Roncalli's game to lose.  In my opinion, they are literally a Top 5 team All Classes this year.  I would have loved to have seen them play some of the teams Chatard did this year like Warren Central and Cathedral.  I think it would have secured their spot in the Top 5 if they had.

Also, as an aside, to address some of the recent posts I have seen on other threads.  The 2019 Chatard team was a Top 5 team All Classes (CalPreps had them as #3 All Classes/Sagarin Predictor had them as #5 All Classes).  The 2020 team wasn't a Top 5 team in my opinion but certainly Top 10 All Classes  (CalPreps had them as #6 All Classes/#9 Sagarin Predictor/#6 Sagarin Golden Mean).  

I’m hoping it is as good a game as it can be.  Honestly, I think it’s the State Championship…outside of East Central.  We’ll see.  

Go Trojans.

Excellent assessment.....

impressed-awsome.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had the chance to officiate Chatard's scrimmage and their last regular season game of the year. The strides they made from Week 0 to Week 9 were pretty darn substantial.  My brother coaches for the Rebels (don't correct me!), so I have been able to see quite a bit of film on my alma mater as well.  They completely destroy people up front.  Chatard reminds me of an early 2000s Center Grove team...smaller, but efficient and quick hitting blocking schemes.  Looks to be a good one Friday...I'll take the Rebels in the same score as their first match up 28-21

• Like 1

In game 1, Roncalli made a few small mistakes that kept  Chatard in the game .  (1 TO and penalties)

I thought tonight Chatard made a few small mistakes that allowed Roncalli to pull away.  (Offsides at the end of the half that allowed Roncalli to score and falling down in pass coverage.). 

Carter St. John and Hannon are two outatanding players. 

• Thanks 1

Congrats Roncalli, you have a very special team! After seeing them a second time, I just don't see how anyone in 4A can hang for 4 quarters. They are solid everywhere.

To Chatard players, not the ending you wanted for your season, but you made the entire Chatard community proud with how you fought this year. Heck of a group of young men.

I actually thought this game was much closer than the first, despite the score. Roncalli was clearly the better team, but a couple of those plays go differently and it could have been a toss up at the end. Just ran out of gas a little at the end.

• Like 2

This reminds me of "back in the day" when I was known as "Rebeldad"!  Had to change my name because we are no longer the Rebels!  Had a former Roncalli Player come up to me last night saying a guy he works with who went to Cathedral said, "do you know whatever happened to that A-hole Rebeldad on the Digest".  I had a good laugh at that.  This is the first time in 20 years that I do not have a son who is either playing or coaching for Roncalli.   Great game last night that was much closer than the score.   Respect that Roncalli and Chatard have for each other is great to watch.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Grandpa B said:

This reminds me of "back in the day" when I was known as "Rebeldad"!  Had to change my name because we are no longer the Rebels!  Had a former Roncalli Player come up to me last night saying a guy he works with who went to Cathedral said, "do you know whatever happened to that A-hole Rebeldad on the Digest".  I had a good laugh at that.  This is the first time in 20 years that I do not have a son who is either playing or coaching for Roncalli.   Great game last night that was much closer than the score.   Respect that Roncalli and Chatard have for each other is great to watch.  

Ran out of reactions on this post. But boy it sure can apply to a lot of passionate fans here. Good post.