Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 12 Scores and Updates - 2021 Sectional Championships

49 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yep, Snider just doesn't have it tonight. I was worried that it would be hard to beat good team in 4 weeks twice. 

This is a classic example of good coaching. Talent is similar. Good coaches know how to make adjustments. This is not on the athletes at Snider. 

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Westfield wins.

What a game! Westfield just could not contain HSE"s running game all night. The Royals only threw a handful of passes, the biggest on a 4th down inside the Red Zone that went to the Westfield one yard line. After the TD run on the following play, the QB avoids a sack and throws a pass to a wide open received for the apparent game winning two point conversion.
However, you never count out Maximus Webster and Michah Hauser. Webster completed every pass on that final drive with about 35 seconds to go after the HSE kickoff. Starting at their own 34, one timeout left, they were able to get to the HSE 8 with 11 seconds to go. Webster kept the snap and gave himself up at the 10 yard line, called their final TO, and King kicked the winning FG. 

Westfield heads up north to Ft. Wayne to play Carroll next Friday for the regional title.

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Not really, you were just trying to motivate the Knights 😅

I saw things in the Snider game that concerned me. When we play a good offensive line and good power run attack, teams chew clock and keep our offense off the field. Was it motivation? Yes. Did I honestly think Eastside had a chance to win? Yes. They have what Luers has had trouble with and as we know, there’s always that chance. Well, the chance happend 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I saw things in the Snider game that concerned me. When we play a good offensive line and good power run attack, teams chew clock and keep our offense off the field. Was it motivation? Yes. Did I honestly think Eastside had a chance to win? Yes. They have what Luers has had trouble with and as we know, there’s always that chance. Well, the chance happend 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm with ya. I knew Eastside had a chance, I wouldn't have bet on them winning though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

What a game! Westfield just could not contain HSE"s running game all night. The Royals only threw a handful of passes, the biggest on a 4th down inside the Red Zone that went to the Westfield one yard line. After the TD run on the following play, the QB avoids a sack and throws a pass to a wide open received for the apparent game winning two point conversion.
However, you never count out Maximus Webster and Michah Hauser. Webster completed every pass on that final drive with about 35 seconds to go after the HSE kickoff. Starting at their own 34, one timeout left, they were able to get to the HSE 8 with 11 seconds to go. Webster kept the snap and gave himself up at the 10 yard line, called their final TO, and King kicked the winning FG. 

Westfield heads up north to Ft. Wayne to play Carroll next Friday for the regional title.

Rocks won’t have any problems with Fart Wayne Caroll next Friday. 

1 minute ago, southend said:

Rocks won’t have any problems with Fart Wayne Caroll next Friday. 

I just looked at Carroll's schedule. Lots of blowout wins. Long drive up there. 

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. They should just start watching film on Merrillville. 

9-1 in that league is pretty good. Are the Fort teams mostly down this season?

3 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Teams not down, but the level of play is just not on par with you all. 

3 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

For the most part yes. Snider still isn't back to Panther form............still another year from that. Homestead is down. Dwenger is down. With Luers having a good year (not counting tonight) and Carroll being strong, that kind of levels things out in the SAC. 

2 minutes ago, southend said:

Teams not down, but the level of play is just not on par with you all. 

Agreed. We have the athletes in Fort Wayne, we just can’t  spew out 6’7 290 linemen at all our schools like schools down in Indy metro. Even the small schools have big linemen down there. That’s where Fort Wayne is behind IMO. 

• Like 1

Good night for the Northwest Crossroads Conference:

Andrean 49, Whiting 0

Lowell 38, Hobart (NWCC member as well) 10

Hanover Central 26 (future member), Knox 14

OK, although Munster lost to Valpo, we had 5 teams playing for Sectional championships, not too shabby.

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Agreed. We have the athletes in Fort Wayne, we just can’t  spew out 6’7 290 linemen at all our schools like schools down in Indy metro. Even the small schools have big linemen down there. That’s where Fort Wayne is behind IMO. 

Indy is four times the size of Fort Wayne. It only makes sense that they'll have quadruple the amount of 6'7 290 linemen. I don't think there is anything in the water down there that makes their kids any larger.