Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Pal @ Cathedral

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Just another opponent in the way of moving on.  No other motive needed.

Agreed, Coach Ralph and staff will definitely do their best to find a way to stifle the Cathedral Irish. I honestly respect Coach Ralph his staff and what they try to do! Win or lose they always try to come with a plan and are well coached.

9 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

You can look at it that way, but I’ve seen comments on here from Irish fans, and I guarantee you Cathedral was hoping to play New Pal this week.. 

Yeah there has been a few parents/fans with that mentality. I look at Coach Peebles and Coach Ralph differently. While I think both will use things to motivate their teams. I don"t think it will be the end all be all. I think both are about teaching fundamentals and making their team better each week. Regardless win or lose both coaches will put their best foot forward to teach their players how to play football!

9 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

oh they wanted the Dragons bad

Definitely some parents will (I would expect no less) I think both coaches are focused on teaching lessons and making their team better. At any rate all love to you and I hope your family is doing well! I hope your son is enjoying his college experience!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

🤔🙄😝☘️

They only save Arlington for Center Grove (even though they played there the last couple of years). Time for everyone to move on and quit making it more than it is. (I am sure Temp will come tell us how important he is to the GID and you will keep trolling Cathedral threads while your Trojans move along in the tournament). 

Edited by FastpacedO

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

They only save Arlington for Center Grove (even though they played there the last couple of years). Time for everyone to move on and quit making it more than it is. (I am sure Temp will come tell us how important he is to the GID and you will keep trolling Cathedral threads while your Trojans move along in the tournament). 

Lol!  You sound like the Wizard of Oz when he was busted for being a fraud…”nevermind the man behind the curtain!”

Just funnin’ man….no need to get defensive….good luck 🍀 this friday!!

I will post a parking map later....in regards to New Pal fans coming (and reminder to Irish fans), parking is awful awful awful at Tech.  I recall a lot of the parking lots outside of Tech campus (businesses, etc) are typically locked during regular games but given this will be a huge crowd I assume our athletic dept. will make note of that to see what arrangements can be made to keep those open.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

New Pal is the only Indiana team to beat this senior Cathedral class not named Center Grove in 4 years. 

I don’t think a single kid on this team stepped in the field that night in 2019. That team was very senior/junior heavy. The current team is junior/sophomore heavy.

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

I don’t think a single kid on this team stepped in the field that night in 2019. That team was very senior/junior heavy. The current team is junior/sophomore heavy.

Which also makes me chuckle when posters say things like “I guarantee Cathedral was hoping to play New Pal this week?”

Who?  

The coaches?

The posters?  (Who have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.)

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, CaptainHook said:

I think you have your teams mixed up. This year’s team is heavy senior dominated. I believe Cathedral has 19 of 22 starters seniors. 1 junior on defense and 2( Soph and junior) on offense. 

On 11/6/2021 at 1:49 PM, temptation said:

Which also makes me chuckle when posters say things like “I guarantee Cathedral was hoping to play New Pal this week?”

Who?  

The coaches?

The posters?  (Who have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.)

No player from New Pal's current team was on the field in 2019. However there are a few Seniors on Cathedral's current team that were on the field in 2019 both Offensively and Defensively and were starting as Sophomore's. That being said I am sure the players are just preparing for their current opponent and not things from 2019.

58 minutes ago, FootballQB1 said:

I think you have your teams mixed up. This year’s team is heavy senior dominated. I believe Cathedral has 19 of 22 starters seniors. 1 junior on defense and 2( Soph and junior) on offense. 

I believe he was talking about New Pal's current team (2021) is Sophomore/Junior heavy. New Pal's 2019 team that beat Cathedral in the Regional 35-10 was Senior/Junior heavy.

• Like 2