Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ole Miss vs Wayne brew haha

There is video of the incident.  Wayne had 5 unsportsmanlike penalties and 2 players ejected long before the brawl took place.  WaneTv out of Fort Wayne has the video on their website.  Yes, a Mississinewa player took a blindside cheap shot but then was attacked by 2 or 3 Wayne players.  To top it off Wayne fans came onto the field and a Wayne player chased one of the Mississinewa coach's around the field.  I saw the video and it was wild.  I sat in the parking lot for a little bit of the game and watched Mississinewa score their final touchdown.  After the RB had crossed the goal line, officials gave the TD signal, and RB had dropped the ball a Wayne player came in and shoved the RB for no reason.  The Wayne player was a good 5 yards away from the RB.  

1 minute ago, Indiansreloaded said:

There is video of the incident.  Wayne had 5 unsportsmanlike penalties and 2 players ejected long before the brawl took place.  WaneTv out of Fort Wayne has the video on their website.  Yes, a Mississinewa player took a blindside cheap shot but then was attacked by 2 or 3 Wayne players.  To top it off Wayne fans came onto the field and a Wayne player chased one of the Mississinewa coach's around the field.  I saw the video and it was wild.  I sat in the parking lot for a little bit of the game and watched Mississinewa score their final touchdown.  After the RB had crossed the goal line, officials gave the TD signal, and RB had dropped the ball a Wayne player came in and shoved the RB for no reason.  The Wayne player was a good 5 yards away from the RB.  

Got ya....  Now take a breath, and let the IHSAA brass do their job and sort out the 'punishment' needed to try and rectify the situation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Got ya....  Now take a breath, and let the IHSAA brass do their job and sort out the 'punishment' needed to try and rectify the situation.  

I am sure the IHSAA will be reviewing everything and then coming down with rulings, suspensions, or more after this incident.  

Just now, Indiansreloaded said:

I am sure the IHSAA will be reviewing everything and then coming down with rulings, suspensions, or more after this incident.  

NO DOUBT...  I expect #62 to be at home next week....as it pertains to Ole Miss.   As for WHS, an absolute athletic suspension for the entire sports program.  This is NOT the 1st time as situation has happened involving the fans, players etc... 

• Like 1

I had a friend text me the initial sequence with the shove in the back that started the melee. Then saw the video of the “fight”. It just saddens me to see such events. I have no idea of history of the two teams, mood of the game, etc. This whole thing just seems a microcosm of society today. Sports are suppose to be a diversion, something enjoyable to entertain us, part of the educational process for the participants. These kind of events just puts a black eye on everything. 

The IHSAA has a history of dealing with these sorts of things pretty harshly and I’m sure they will be in the office bright and early this morning dealing with this situation. I just think it’s time we as a society stand up and say “this type of behavior is unacceptable under any circumstances”.  I am in no way attempting to place blame on anyone in particular, I’m sure there’s plenty of blame to go around. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I had a friend text me the initial sequence with the shove in the back that started the melee. Then saw the video of the “fight”. It just saddens me to see such events. I have no idea of history of the two teams, mood of the game, etc. This whole thing just seems a microcosm of society today. Sports are suppose to be a diversion, something enjoyable to entertain us, part of the educational process for the participants. These kind of events just puts a black eye on everything. 

The IHSAA has a history of dealing with these sorts of things pretty harshly and I’m sure they will be in the office bright and early this morning dealing with this situation. I just think it’s time we as a society stand up and say “this type of behavior is unacceptable under any circumstances”.  I am in no way attempting to place blame on anyone in particular, I’m sure there’s plenty of blame to go around. 

“Microcosm of society today” 

BS,Not the first in history or will it be the last ! Why you bringing all this social analytical commentary crap on here?Tempers flared, neither team was backing down from the Bully. End of story. 

• Kill me now 1

39 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

These two teams have not played each other in football.  I think they played against each other last year in basketball, but the players involved don't play basketball.  They only played basketball because both had opponents cancel due to COVID and it was a last minute thing.  So there really isn't a history between the two schools.  

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

ABSOLUTELY ON POINT!!!  

7 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

In making a public statement like this, you should probably tell the entire story. Did you not see the cheap shot delivered by said "Mississinewa player" upon the Wayne player? If I saw a teammate of mine get leveled from behind like that, I would have acted the same. In no way shape or form do I condone what ensued. Nor do I condone five unsportsmanlike penalties and two ejections. Haydock will have to address those issues with his program. But let's not come on here and pretend that Mississinewa's #82 was any kind of a victim. Anyone can look at the video by visiting wane.com.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

In making a public statement like this, you should probably tell the entire story. Did you not see the cheap shot delivered by said "Mississinewa player" upon the Wayne player? If I saw a teammate of mine get leveled from behind like that, I would have acted the same. In no way shape or form do I condone what ensued. Nor do I condone five unsportsmanlike penalties and two ejections. Haydock will have to address those issues with his program. But let's not come on here and pretend that Mississinewa's #82 was any kind of a victim. Anyone can look at the video by visiting wane.com.

As I said, the Mississinewa player was in the wrong and took a blindside cheap shot.  Yes, Wayne's players were going to protect their teammate, but once the 2 or 3 got the Mississinewa player down the entire Wayne team got involved.  Yes there were a few Mississinewa players that went into the middle, but like Wayne, they were going to protect their teammate.  There have been accusations made by both sides of words exchanged the entire game and included references to a deceased parent and racial slurs.  In my opinion, if the officials heard these type of exchanges going on, then they should have stop the game clock and pulled both coach's together to address the issue.   Then tell each coach to address it to their teams immediately.  If it was going on in the first half, the officials should have addressed it then with the coach's and teams.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

As I said, the Mississinewa player was in the wrong and took a blindside cheap shot.  Yes, Wayne's players were going to protect their teammate, but once the 2 or 3 got the Mississinewa player down the entire Wayne team got involved.  Yes there were a few Mississinewa players that went into the middle, but like Wayne, they were going to protect their teammate.  There have been accusations made by both sides of words exchanged the entire game and included references to a deceased parent and racial slurs.  In my opinion, if the officials heard these type of exchanges going on, then they should have stop the game clock and pulled both coach's together to address the issue.   Then tell each coach to address it to their teams immediately.  If it was going on in the first half, the officials should have addressed it then with the coach's and teams.  

4 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Somewhere I missed where you said "the Mississinewa player was in the wrong." Both coaching staffs have some work to do after this game. Something tells me that both teams were guilty, and neither were the victim. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Early intervention would have been a huge help in keeping this from happening. The game one week ago got pretty chippy as well, and should have been dealt with in the first half. There was even an incident in the tunnel going into the half….not a fan of pointing kids out, but numbers were similar a week ago at NH. As far as Wayne players getting involved, from what I have seen, it does look like a lot of them are pulling teammates back. Credit is due to the young men doing that. 

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Early intervention would have been a huge help in keeping this from happening. The game one week ago got pretty chippy as well, and should have been dealt with in the first half. There was even an incident in the tunnel going into the half….not a fan of pointing kids out, but numbers were similar a week ago at NH. As far as Wayne players getting involved, from what I have seen, it does look like a lot of them are pulling teammates back. Credit is due to the young men doing that. 

I feel for the officials in games that get so overheated.  Tough balance - because I’m sure they don’t want to look like they have an itchy trigger finger.  Officials hate the idea of affecting the outcome of a game…especially a tournament game.

But I’m with you on the early intervention.  Maybe the IHSAA should give them an intermediate tool between a verbal warning and disqualification…like a 1 quarter or time-based suspension.  Give them some time to cool off and the distinct feeling of consequences.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I feel for the officials in games that get so overheated.  Tough balance - because I’m sure they don’t want to look like they have an itchy trigger finger.  Officials hate the idea of affecting the outcome of a game…especially a tournament game.

But I’m with you on the early intervention.  Maybe the IHSAA should give them an intermediate tool between a verbal warning and disqualification…like a 1 quarter or time-based suspension.  Give them some time to cool off and the distinct feeling of consequences.

I agree.  Maybe if the officials would give the coach's the players numbers that are doing things that could lead to an ejection, then the coach's could pull the player and sit them for a series or quarter to get them to calm down.  At the same time, if a coach notices a player doing something that could cause an ejection, then the coach should take action.  

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

Somewhere I missed where you said "the Mississinewa player was in the wrong." Both coaching staffs have some work to do after this game. Something tells me that both teams were guilty, and neither were the victim. 

I had said "Mississinewa player took a blindside cheap shot" which was meant as he was in the wrong.  Yes both coach's have some attitude and temper control that need to be addressed.  There are many accusations that have been stated on social media as to what fueled this brawl but only the players, officials, and maybe coach's know what fueled it as they were on the field and could hear what was said.  The fans are too far away to hear what is said on the field.  

57 minutes ago, Gipper said:

This  wasn’t the first fight between two teams.  There was a lot at stake, emotions were running high.   Although it was a very bad outcome, It’s Trump’s fault.

I love the humor.  
And won’t be the last fight either. 

32 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Which game?

13 minutes ago, southend said:

I love the humor.  
And won’t be the last fight either. 

Thanks.  Admittedly, last night’s display was not good.  Unfortunately, it’s not an isolated incident. From “Malice at the Palace” (NBA) to bench clearing brawls in baseball, to every fight that has arisen in football, violence and belligerence is way too commonplace in sports.  

Do we need to switch to a non-meat diet?

3 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

This isn’t the first time 62 pulled crap like that. He had to be kicked out of a scrimmage at SA this summer for doing the same thing against Luers. 

Ok, so old #62 huh. At it again? Well not to say you maybe right or wrong it takes two to tangle , or is that tango? I get that confused. 
But to take that ,and put it on today’s society? This takes to new level!