Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5a southern most regional. Bhss@Nahs

Congrats to bhss hc Gabe Johnson for I believe his 1st sectional  title of his head coaching career , as well as former bhss(a long time ago) assistant football coach now new albany hc Steve Cooley on another sectional title I believe he won a few when he coached on ft Wayne harding (school maybe defunct now. I believe this article has his coaching story https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2017/08/03/new-albanys-steve-cooley-builds-tradition-first-year/451574001/ ) .

At any rate I don't know how new albany has progressed this year in the regional title so they must be doing good . Bhss could be without their starting qb who left the sectional title game after  the half. Seymour was who I was hoping  came out with the w. So now it's another long long drive down south for bhss. Had a thought while at work  this past week that bhss goes 9-3 this season after fabricating some parts that wound up strangely aligned 9 and 3 when usually they dont wind up aligned  that way my own crystal ball maybe . Obviously that  is a regional win  and a loss to cathedral at semistate. Doable since south already  doubled up new albany in week 1 . @ptrwho you got ? 

5 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Congrats to bhss hc Gabe Johnson for I believe his 1st sectional  title of his head coaching career , as well as former bhss(a long time ago) assistant football coach now new albany hc Steve Cooley on another sectional title I believe he won a few when he coached on ft Wayne harding (school maybe defunct now. I believe this article has his coaching story https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2017/08/03/new-albanys-steve-cooley-builds-tradition-first-year/451574001/ ) .

At any rate I don't know how new albany has progressed this year in the regional title so they must be doing good . Bhss could be without their starting qb who left the sectional title game after  the half. Seymour was who I was hoping  came out with the w. So now it's another long long drive down south for bhss. Had a thought while at work  this past week that bhss goes 9-3 this season after fabricating some parts that wound up strangely aligned 9 and 3 when usually they dont wind up aligned  that way my own crystal ball maybe . Obviously that  is a regional win  and a loss to cathedral at semistate. Doable since south already  doubled up new albany in week 1 . @ptrwho you got ? 

I believe David may have had a concussion just looking at the way he left the field. South also had an o-lineman (#73) go down late in the game which looked like it may be an ankle injury. Those were the only two injuries that were obvious during the game. 

10 minutes ago, ptr said:

I believe David may have had a concussion just looking at the way he left the field. South also had an o-lineman (#73) go down late in the game which looked like it may be an ankle injury. Those were the only two injuries that were obvious during the game. 

The olineman that went out was their center according to the radio broadcasters. Could make next week really interesting.  🤔 

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

I like what south has done defensively the last couple of weeks. My prediction Panther d  limits NA to  17 points and they win by 9 28-17 . 

Give me a 10 point BHSS win, however, NA is going to keep it close. And judging what happened with Seymour, better watch out for those Bulldogs!

6 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Crazy, having watched New Albany all year I would have not guessed this. The HHC was way down, and they squeaked by in the conference.. I would have had a different guess had they blown teams out. This is shocking but congrats to them. 

Actually it wasn't shocking. South does not have a running back even close to what Che Hogue brings to the table, and I don't know why he didn't dress for the game. Then you add that Zach David is also out and they go with a soph backup QB with a conservative game plan, and you get what happened tonight. South threw three picks with one of those being a pick six. South was unable to move the ball on offense in the second half and the Bulldogs' strength is on their offensive side of the ball. NA spent much of the second half on South's side of the field with the Panthers' defense not getting much of breather. South kept a lid on those two key players not playing right up until just before game time. The beat writer for the Bloomington paper didn't tweet it until about 35 minutes before kickoff. Anyway, congrats to the Bulldogs for their first ever regional title and I assume they will get the unenviable task of trying to take down Cathedral. I haven't seen the Cathedral score, but I assume they will probably win their game. 

5 minutes ago, ptr said:

Actually it wasn't shocking. South does not have a running back even close to what Che Hogue brings to the table, and I don't know why he didn't dress for the game. Then you add that Zach David is also out and they go with a soph backup QB with a conservative game plan, and you get what happened tonight. South threw three picks with one of those being a pick six. South was unable to move the ball on offense in the second half and the Bulldogs' strength is on their offensive side of the ball. NA spent much of the second half on South's side of the field with the Panthers' defense not getting much of breather. South kept a lid on those two key players not playing right up until just before game time. The beat writer for the Bloomington paper didn't tweet it until about 35 minutes before kickoff. Anyway, congrats to the Bulldogs for their first ever regional title and I assume they will get the unenviable task of trying to take down Cathedral. I haven't seen the Cathedral score, but I assume they will probably win their game. 

If it wasn’t surprising than I really gave South way too much credit this year. I was only going off from what I saw this year on New Albany. Yes Cathedral was up 23-7 last time I saw. 

Certainly going to be hard to win when you lose your starting qb and rb. Souths d was. . .. ..  okay ...... was a tad disappointed in the defense but they were on the field alot since the offense couldn't move the ball with a soph backfield. Still would have expected to compete to win even in that scenario but it just didn't happen.  Cathedral will wipe up the southern semistate as we know they would regardless who won this one.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Certainly going to be hard to win when you lose your starting qb and rb. Souths d was. . .. ..  okay ...... was a tad disappointed in the defense but they were on the field alot since the offense couldn't move the ball with a soph backfield. Still would have expected to compete to win even in that scenario but it just didn't happen.  Cathedral will wipe up the southern semistate as we know they would regardless who won this one.  

It's an excuse, but a legitimate excuse when the teeth of your offense all of a sudden is not there and you really are going with a JV backfield. There are probably not too many teams in the playoffs that can survive if the players that guided their offense for the entire season are suddenly not in there. However, that's how it goes in sports and you just deal with it and move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ptr said:

It's an excuse, but a legitimate excuse when the teeth of your offense all of a sudden is not there and you really are going with a JV backfield. There are probably not too many teams in the playoffs that can survive if the players that guided their offense for the entire season are suddenly not in there. However, that's how it goes in sports and you just deal with it and move on. 

💯

All that being said I'm still slightly disappointed. Really thought our d would cause a turnover and force some more punts . Concerning heading into the off season. We do however have a lot of sophs on d so hopefully they will come back better for it next year. Not slighting new albany but in reality they were throttled by south,  bhsn earlier in the year ... ahh well ...  

8 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

💯

All that being said I'm still slightly disappointed. Really thought our d would cause a turnover and force some more punts . Concerning heading into the off season. We do however have a lot of sophs on d so hopefully they will come back better for it next year. Not slighting new albany but in reality they were throttled by south,  bhsn earlier in the year ... ahh well ...  

No slight taken, however there were 7 kids starting for NA last night that didn’t play in the first meeting. Including Myles Johnson (180 yds rushing and 10 tackles last night) and Dejon Winburn ( 5 rec. for 62 yds). The difference is we had our guys when it mattered.

2 hours ago, Dawgs_Dad said:

No slight taken, however there were 7 kids starting for NA last night that didn’t play in the first meeting. Including Myles Johnson (180 yds rushing and 10 tackles last night) and Dejon Winburn ( 5 rec. for 62 yds). The difference is we had our guys when it mattered.

Yes, Johnson was a load for South to stop, and the Panthers didn't do a very good job of slowing him down, especially in the second half when South couldn't move the ball much offense and the "D" was spending most of the second half on the field.