Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Regional: Mater Dei @ Triton Central

24 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Question Coach:  curious...if you were willing to stream the game and the IHSAA was willing to broadcast it, what is the "issue"?  Who is stepping in and enforcing this rule - the IHSAA?  Are they somehow losing a bunch of revenue on a high school football game?  Are you aware of anyone else who might stream it?  

IMHO its all about IHSAA revenue. Somebody really needs to look hard at the IHSAA as they seem to like the role of Judge, Jury and Executioner. Something fundamentally unconstitutional is going on here.

24 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

IMHO its all about IHSAA revenue. Somebody really needs to look hard at the IHSAA as they seem to like the role of Judge, Jury and Executioner. Something fundamentally unconstitutional is going on here.

Honestly, I wouldn't have any issues paying fee to see this game but to have the stream just cancelled...&^%$#@!

• Like 1

Don't know how many predictions that have been made but I could see MD winning this one by 2-3 TDs, if not more. Like you guys have alluded to, it all depends on how MD shakes off the long bus ride & is ready from the opening snap. 

The ICC (TC's conference) was a little down this year, compared to year's past, while MD obviously played an elite schedule. 

This game has the sad distinction of being the ONLY 2A Regional not streamed...

Thanks to whomever found "the rule" mentioned by Coach Galayn in his post, that prohibited the EH Sports Network, who was willing to stream this game, from doing so because it did not involve their specific school team.  Here is a clue...many people have an interest in OTHER TEAMS FROM THEIR AREA and enjoy watching the games.  Especially during the playoffs and more interest eventually translates into more revenue.  As such, any outside interest to stream these games  would seem to be viewed as a good thing by the powers that be but apparently, is not.  Go figure.

Best of luck to both teams and safe travels all who could manage to drive up for the game tonight.  Go 'Cats!

MD by 13 is my prediction.  

55 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

This game has the sad distinction of being the ONLY 2A Regional not streamed...

Thanks to whomever found "the rule" mentioned by Coach Galayn in his post, that prohibited the EH Sports Network, who was willing to stream this game, from doing so because it did not involve their specific school team.  Here is a clue...many people have an interest in OTHER TEAMS FROM THEIR AREA and enjoy watching the games.  Especially during the playoffs and more interest eventually translates into more revenue.  As such, any outside interest to stream these games  would seem to be viewed as a good thing by the powers that be but apparently, is not.  Go figure.

Best of luck to both teams and safe travels all who could manage to drive up for the game tonight.  Go 'Cats!

MD by 13 is my prediction.  

Thats what Im talking about in unconstitutional! The ONLY game not broadcast is one that had a contractional issue is this one. Well now IHSAA should let anyone broadcast it since they broadcast all others. I know Im just a Old Miner fan and haven't lived in IN since 1978. I live comfortably in Grays Creek NC now. My home in my mind is Linton. Wildcats beat us so I am obliged to support them till the end. Funny MDAlum said to the victor go the spoils. And so true. This deal here    I got buddies coming over to the house as were gonna have ribs, wings, adult beverages and watch the game.  Yes me the Yankee them a bunch of Tar Heels who support HS football! Thats OK. We can turn it into a ZZ Top evening fairly quick. As I said you taxpaying folks in IN need to be raising cane!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

My dad is listening and texting me.

Says the MD announcers are pretty irritated with TC.

Not sure if it is the start time or what.

He may have been listening to the local sports talk show before the game came on.  Patrick Mallory is one of the guys on the show.   He is an MD grad, played for the 2000 State Championship team & is usually pretty supportive of Mater Dei, understandably.  However, he did pick Linton-Stockton to win a couple of weeks ago so maybe he's is trying to make up for that to the home fans!

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Did any MD fans from here made the trek up to fairland?

I know there are quite a few parents who made the trip so likely a decent crowd despite the early start.  MD usually travels pretty well...wish I were there!  Weather looks like some rain possible around 8 pm locally in Fairland.  

2 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

The "irritation" over the 11 am start time in 2019 has not faded much yet...

The rumor I heard was TC was going to set a 11 AM start time tomorrow, which is why MD requested a Friday game. 

IHSAA is eager to step in when $$ from streaming could be at stake. Yet nowhere to be found when start times are set. 

• Thanks 1