Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern vs Lawrenceburg Regional

2 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Try Carriage Inn one block north... the ice cold fish bowls won't treat you wrong.  Plus the breaded tenderloin sandwich is as big as your head. Or half a GS fan's head.

I eat at Carriage Inn every Friday with a rag tag bunch of misfits. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Titandad71 said:

On a side note, the lack of video stream for most games is frustrating for titans fans that are two far away to drive, Guess I got spoiled last year.

Tbh I enjoy the radio call more than the video.  I’ve especially enjoyed it this year. Cole and Kyler are doing a phenomenal job calling the games on 89.1.  

listen to the radio, follow Twitter….this is the way 😂

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Tbh I enjoy the radio call more than the video.  I’ve especially enjoyed it this year. Cole and Kyler are doing a phenomenal job calling the games on 89.1.  

listen to the radio, follow Twitter….this is the way 😂

I have not tuned in to a live broadcast with Cole/Kyler (been in attendance to all of them), but listening to the recaps at the start of the NH show has left me impressed with the new crew. Much improved quality, IMO, and I hope they stick around. I also listened to a bit of the Salem replay, and I feel like they did a good job there. You know who their home team is, but it isn't a complete homer-job that is unseated in reality. I want a crew that gets excited for the team they're broadcasting for (naturally), but gives a fair account of what is happening on the field, even if it isn't always completely flattering for the home team. I'm listening to the broadcast to know what is going on because I can't be there, not for a complete fabrication of events. I have Audible for my story telling time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

I'll take Gibson Southern here.

Me too, my guess is about 49 - 14, but broken down 21-0 in 1st, 14-7 in 2nd, 14-0 in 3rd and 0-7 in 4th.

That is not a dog on LB because they beat my Braves last week either, I just feel after seeing them play
and what I have seen and heard of GS, that's about where it will be...just my (likely wrong) opinion.

I also know from experience that long bus rides, different game times/days and a huge home field
crowd that will certainly be found at GS, also play a factor.

I think we were a little closer to them than the score indicated as we made things really hard on ourselves
with -2 TO and about 120 yards called back in the first half on penalties, so I think Sagarin is pretty close
and they were about 2 TDs better than us. (Sag shows 12 pts). That being said, Sagarin shows GS 18 points
better than LB, so maybe it's more like 49 - 21 (Yes, I know that's 28), but my gut feeling is 49 - 14...unless
Coach Hart decides to score more, but I don't think he will.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Esso Ayche said:

I have not tuned in to a live broadcast with Cole/Kyler (been in attendance to all of them), but listening to the recaps at the start of the NH show has left me impressed with the new crew. Much improved quality, IMO, and I hope they stick around. I also listened to a bit of the Salem replay, and I feel like they did a good job there. You know who their home team is, but it isn't a complete homer-job that is unseated in reality. I want a crew that gets excited for the team they're broadcasting for (naturally), but gives a fair account of what is happening on the field, even if it isn't always completely flattering for the home team. I'm listening to the broadcast to know what is going on because I can't be there, not for a complete fabrication of events. I have Audible for my story telling time.

So what you are saying is....NOT what the Salem radio crew does? LOL

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

So what you are saying is....NOT what the Salem radio crew does? LOL

Lol, well I listened to some of the Salem broadcast of the GS game also and I can say, at least in this case, they leaned generously toward the "homer" broadcast category as far as my taste goes.  But hey, before this year GS had a pretty homer broadcast as well.  I do like the current GS crew's perspective on the games, and I'm not trying to knock the old broadcast crew either...  it's just a personal preference.  Either way, it is great to be able to have any guys/gals up there taking the time out of their schedule to do that job.  I'm sure many teams out there would kill to get any kind of exposure, so I've always been appreciative of the folks doing it for GS, even if it wasn't my cup-o-tea.

And to be fair to Salem's guys, it did sound like they had some old coaching/personal history with those boys growing up (as perhaps many of the local broadcaster folks do), so I can get their personal over-slant on the game, particularly when things were going a bit sideways for them early.  Heck, I know a guy that did the GS lower level write ups that could be a pretty capital-H Homer as well... just sayin. 😅

4 hours ago, npatman said:

Me too, my guess is about 49 - 14, but broken down 21-0 in 1st, 14-7 in 2nd, 14-0 in 3rd and 0-7 in 4th.

That is not a dog on LB because they beat my Braves last week either, I just feel after seeing them play
and what I have seen and heard of GS, that's about where it will be...just my (likely wrong) opinion.

I also know from experience that long bus rides, different game times/days and a huge home field
crowd that will certainly be found at GS, also play a factor.

I think we were a little closer to them than the score indicated as we made things really hard on ourselves
with -2 TO and about 120 yards called back in the first half on penalties, so I think Sagarin is pretty close
and they were about 2 TDs better than us. (Sag shows 12 pts). That being said, Sagarin shows GS 18 points
better than LB, so maybe it's more like 49 - 21 (Yes, I know that's 28), but my gut feeling is 49 - 14...unless
Coach Hart decides to score more, but I don't think he will.

I just hope we're just on the good side of the dub, but I'll take a 18-point (or 28-point) margin if we can get it.

It looks like GS will have their hands full with the LB running game.  They do a lot of moving around pre-snap and if they can get the linebackers off their keys it looks like they can really gouge a defense and keep the chains moving.  Their Q looks like he can spin it too, so just loading the box up probably isn't the solution.  But I'll leave that to the experts out on Coal Mine Road though. 

Eager to see how this one plays out Saturday.  Until then, maybe a double dose of the anti-anxiety pills for me as the week progresses. 😶

On 11/7/2021 at 9:35 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

This game is probably going to come down to who has the better defense.  Both teams can score a ton…but who is going to stop who first and keep stopping them.  

tbh, Yoon reminds me a lot of Jordan Scheller who QB’d for GS from 2010-2012.  The scrambling and constant push to make something out of nothing. He’s got some legs for sure and probably is one of the best dual threat QBs we will face 

is Yoon a relation to the 98 team's Yoon?  I am guessing his son perhaps?  I remember being at the game and hearing "touchdown  Ki Yoon" all night long... Damn that was annoying 🙂. Has it really been 20+ years since then?  I am starting to get old.

image.png.dc07e8efb93c98f5d4ca73e3d5a64be5.png

14 hours ago, Lysander said:

I think this is the toughest game GS faces until Thanksgiving weekend, and even then, I think GS is a pretty clear favorite.

L-burg has been waiting on this bunch to become seniors - and they are a talented bunch, but they ran into BAD TIMING on this one. L-Burg's QB is the real deal, but in the end, I don't think it's going to matter. 

Anything can happen in HS football, but I don't see any way this season ends without the Titans holding the big trophy at the end. 

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1, 2, 3

Just crawl outta the dumpster at the one and only Connies?

The Grid just hasn't been the same in 2021. Can the Tigers pull out the W against the mighty Titan?

Should be a shootout, Yoon and the boys get it done, Triple C's taking the Tigers in a close one.......36-35!

EIAC forever..........PAC NEVER!

Fort Branchians taking pics after the game like......

Tiger-King-zoom-background-1.png

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Lysander said:

I think this is the toughest game GS faces until Thanksgiving weekend, and even then, I think GS is a pretty clear favorite.

How is good is Jesuit this year compared to last years Chatard / Marion / Concordia teams (who were 1,2,3 imo).

4 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

How is good is Jesuit this year compared to last years Chatard / Marion / Concordia teams (who were 1,2,3 imo).

I would say on par with their 2013 team which I believe won state?  Maybe  

I know they beat GS in semi state 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

6 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Not as good as last year’s Chatard team (by quite some distance) and I’m not sure I can fairly rank them against Marian and Concordia since I only saw each of those teams once.

In my opinion, though, they are the best Brebeuf team I’ve seen since they started playing Chatard consistently again around 12-13 years ago.  They flatly beat Chatard first game of the season.  It got close near the end but Brebeuf was the definitively better team that night.

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I would say on par with their 2013 team which I believe won state?  Maybe  

I know they beat GS in semi state 

Think they lost to Andrean that year (2013).  1st year of the SF, btw, if I recall correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Not as good as last year’s Chatard team (by quite some distance) and I’m not sure I can fairly rank them against Marian and Concordia since I only saw each of those teams once.

In my opinion, though, they are the best Brebeuf team I’ve seen since they started playing Chatard consistently again around 12-13 years ago.  They flatly beat Chatard first game of the season.  It got close near the end but Brebeuf was the definitively better team that night.

And Brebeuf is pretty battle-tested with their schedule so far:

Chatard (W)

West Lafayette (W)

WeBo (W) 

Roncalli (Competitive L)

Cathedral (Not-competitive L)