Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern vs Lawrenceburg Regional

3 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Tailgaters out front? surprised the school wouldn't want to hide what is going on... I'm sure nothing but chocolate milk in those koozies 🙂 

What's to hide?  "Tailgating" up front.  Tailgating elsewhere.  Allegedly.  With six packs of uh... sodas... and candy bars... 

Never you mind the air quotes and underlining.

Honestly I'm alllmost as excited to see if we can hook up with STC to get some post-game fish bowls, win, lose, or draw. 😃

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

After being warned not to, those silly Blue and White Tigers tailgated right in the damn center of the front parking lot.  Our friends at the Gibson County Sheriffs department kindly asked them to empty their tumblers.   HA!

LOL, all the while turning a blind eye to the Titans fans just 50 yards away, but we are used to getting homered.. I had a heckuva pot of chili going that night...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tango said:

LOL, all the while turning a blind eye to the Titans fans just 50 yards away, but we are used to getting homered.. I had a heckuva pot of chili going that night...

Pro Tip: Opponents should wear GS apparel before, during, and after the GS home games to deter profiling. Plus I hear it encourages the visiting team when they see mom and dad beaming down at them in Maroon, Gold, and White all game. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

After being warned not to, those silly Blue and White Tigers tailgated right in the damn center of the front parking lot.  Our friends at the Gibson County Sheriffs department kindly asked them to empty their tumblers.   HA!

Isn't that what they were doing already? Before the cops showed up?? Maybe the refilling and repeating was the issue 🤣

• Haha 1

COACHES’ QUOTES:

Ryan Knigga, Lawrenceburg (98-34, 11th year) - "There is no doubt Gibson Southern has a high-powered offense. We need to keep their WRs in front of us and we;ve got to tackle in open space when they do catch the ball. We have told our guys we're not expecting to shut them out. We just need to make them drive the ball and not give up the home run. Gibson Southern has a really nice screen game. You've got to be careful and pick when you want to bring pressure. We need to bring pressure and we've got to get home with our blitzes. We can't allow Brady to just sit in the pocket. We will need to mix coverages, show coverages and stem into new ones. We will try everything we have in our playbook, plus more. Defensively, our players and coaches are looking forward to the challenge. Gibson Southern looks like a cool place to play. It is the only show in town. The EC vs. Memorial game will be over, so they are even expecting some of those fans to come on up. This long road trip definitely creates some logistics issues. Right now, trying to find a bus to get us there has been impossible. We will do what we need to do to be ready. I really don't think the trip plays a factor into it. In 2017 we got beat by a better team. Memorial won state that year, so they were just better. We'll travel the right way and take care of our kids. Hopefully they can enjoy the experience and play at a high level. No. 80, Heltsley, No. 11, Malone, are very good WRs. Their offensive line is huge. They average about 6'4" and 275. And defensive their front 7 is really good. We are healthy. Like all teams at this point, we have bumps and bruises. But 13 weeks into the season, that is expected. Luke Pierce is day-to-day. We'll see. Teagan Bennett did an outstanding job last week. We like our team and we will have guys ready to play. It's obvious we will need to play very well on both sides of the ball. We must find a way to limit Gibson Southern's offense. We will need to manage the game when we have the ball. We will need to control their front seven. We will swing away. There are a ton of keyboard experts who are not giving us a chance. I told our kids that. That is the beautiful thing about sports. You've got to play the game. We know we have a good team, we know we will need to play well. We are one of 8 teams left. There are no bad teams left. The good news for us is that we have no pressure. Everyone is expecting Gibson Southern to be the state champs. I don't know, but I do know the Tigers will do everything we can do to win the game. We are proud of our kids and we know they will fight. We hope to play well and give ourselves a shot."

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

COACHES’ QUOTES:

Ryan Knigga, Lawrenceburg (98-34, 11th year) - "There is no doubt Gibson Southern has a high-powered offense. We need to keep their WRs in front of us and we;ve got to tackle in open space when they do catch the ball. We have told our guys we're not expecting to shut them out. We just need to make them drive the ball and not give up the home run. Gibson Southern has a really nice screen game. You've got to be careful and pick when you want to bring pressure. We need to bring pressure and we've got to get home with our blitzes. We can't allow Brady to just sit in the pocket. We will need to mix coverages, show coverages and stem into new ones. We will try everything we have in our playbook, plus more. Defensively, our players and coaches are looking forward to the challenge. Gibson Southern looks like a cool place to play. It is the only show in town. The EC vs. Memorial game will be over, so they are even expecting some of those fans to come on up. This long road trip definitely creates some logistics issues. Right now, trying to find a bus to get us there has been impossible. We will do what we need to do to be ready. I really don't think the trip plays a factor into it. In 2017 we got beat by a better team. Memorial won state that year, so they were just better. We'll travel the right way and take care of our kids. Hopefully they can enjoy the experience and play at a high level. No. 80, Heltsley, No. 11, Malone, are very good WRs. Their offensive line is huge. They average about 6'4" and 275. And defensive their front 7 is really good. We are healthy. Like all teams at this point, we have bumps and bruises. But 13 weeks into the season, that is expected. Luke Pierce is day-to-day. We'll see. Teagan Bennett did an outstanding job last week. We like our team and we will have guys ready to play. It's obvious we will need to play very well on both sides of the ball. We must find a way to limit Gibson Southern's offense. We will need to manage the game when we have the ball. We will need to control their front seven. We will swing away. There are a ton of keyboard experts who are not giving us a chance. I told our kids that. That is the beautiful thing about sports. You've got to play the game. We know we have a good team, we know we will need to play well. We are one of 8 teams left. There are no bad teams left. The good news for us is that we have no pressure. Everyone is expecting Gibson Southern to be the state champs. I don't know, but I do know the Tigers will do everything we can do to win the game. We are proud of our kids and we know they will fight. We hope to play well and give ourselves a shot."

Very nice article.  I would say from reading this his players would run through a block wall for him, his staff and for each other.        

28 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

COACHES’ QUOTES:

Hey look guys - we got some recognition!! 

I get playing up the underdog/disrespect card. That can be a powerful motivator

BUT- I still think they are barking up the wrong tree in this situation. 

MAYBE if this was a "normal" thing for GS and they've "been there/done that" type of scenario - but this GS is foaming at the bit for their turn at the blue ring. 

Sorry Tigers, bad timing.

ps.....How in the world can they NOT find a bus?? I'm assuming he means a chartered one?? If not, I'm sure we have school buses they can borrow. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

Hey look guys - we got some recognition!! 

I get playing up the underdog/disrespect card. That can be a powerful motivator

BUT- I still think they are barking up the wrong tree in this situation. 

MAYBE if this was a "normal" thing for GS and they've "been there/done that" type of scenario - but this GS is foaming at the bit for their turn at the blue ring. 

Sorry Tigers, bad timing.

ps.....How in the world can they NOT find a bus?? I'm assuming he means a chartered one?? If not, I'm sure we have school buses they can borrow. 

Indeed, good point.  Fact is that historically speaking, this is a "normal" thing for Lawrenceburg.  

GS would like to get a similar tradition started, like that of Lawrenceburg's (or ours, or yours), they have a crap ton to lose.  It would be awful to lose when they have what they have.   Coach Wilk said the same thing of the game....pressure isn't on us, it is on GS.  

3 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Nah, in 2019 we beat them 28-0 after travelling 3 hours on a Friday night.

22-0 🙂

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

Indeed, good point.  Fact is that historically speaking, this is a "normal" thing for Lawrenceburg.  

GS would like to get a similar tradition started, like that of Lawrenceburg's (or ours, or yours), they have a crap ton to lose.  It would be awful to lose when they have what they have.   Coach Wilk said the same thing of the game....pressure isn't on us, it is on GS.  

This is a great post.  Love it.

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

22-0 🙂

This is a great post.  Love it.

You sure, I thought it was 28...oh well.

After rereading that, it may have sounded snarky.  It was not meant to be disrespectful.  Again, read back in your response, it could be taken like i'm being snarky.  I will say, however, that you have to admit that the pressure is on GS, no?

I am on your side now!  I want the PAC Brethren to bring that hardware south!  It isn't often I say go Titans, but for the next few weeks, that is what it is going to be...go Titans indeed.  Lawrenceburg has got to be tired of going to the regional and losing to the PAC....chances are, it will be 3 years in a row for them.  

Again, don't hear any disrespect.  This is the problem with words on a screen....this would be a better conversation in the parking lot saturday afternoon over kool aid and hot dogs.

16 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

You sure, I thought it was 28...oh well.

After rereading that, it may have sounded snarky.  It was not meant to be disrespectful.  Again, read back in your response, it could be taken like i'm being snarky.  I will say, however, that you have to admit that the pressure is on GS, no?

I am on your side now!  I want the PAC Brethren to bring that hardware south!  It isn't often I say go Titans, but for the next few weeks, that is what it is going to be...go Titans indeed.  Lawrenceburg has got to be tired of going to the regional and losing to the PAC....chances are, it will be 3 years in a row for them.  

Again, don't hear any disrespect.  This is the problem with words on a screen....this would be a better conversation in the parking lot saturday afternoon over kool aid and hot dogs.

It's all good.  I think you would be surprised how loose this group is.  Fans, parents and lower level coaches are always nervous...but these boys are set to go.  LB has an experienced group of something like 7 seniors on offense and 5 on defense.  They have seen plenty of playoff football.  I am thinking this is a game where pressure and/or nerves aren't an issue for either side.  I know they weren't last week.

Edited by Titan32

40 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

This is the part of football that i love. When your team or a team in your area starts supporting one another!!!!

This is the part of football that i love. When your team or a team in your area starts supporting one another!!!!

17 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Is it just me or is the Evansville media kind of quiet regarding all three upcoming regional games?

I feel like it may be because the 3 area teams they pegged as the top teams…memorial MD and GS….they all did exactly what people expected lol

2A/3A/4A pretty much went as predicted for the tristate news stations 

5 hours ago, vanman said:

Sadly our bus isn't doing anything this weekend.

Maybe SR can rent it out Saturday afternoon for a pre-game party bus tour of the south Gibson county (empty) cornfields, and then a post-game bar crawl?  Just a thought.

May want to stock some extra buckets in the back though... I don't know if that rig has enough johns on it for that kind of event...

😁