Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Regional #18 - Eastside hosting Eastbrook

18 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Not really sure what I said that was incorrect. I figured fans in Grant County didn’t know much about the resolve of the kids and staff at Eastside. Just thought I’d inform people that they wouldn’t let the win against Luers get to their heads as was suggested. 

I get the feeling from the 2A threads that the Eastbrook fans are somewhat sensitive to any sort of criticism or any thought outside of their own. 

No, they just don’t get along well with Tipton fans.  I watched the game of you guys against Eastside.  I think if we can play great defense against them that they can be scored on by an offense that runs our style of offense.  This will be a game similar to last week’s game against Tipton.  The game might come down to whoever has the ball at the end of the game.

5 hours ago, Devilpride95 said:

Umm…yep…

Tipton’s fans aren’t at all like that, are they??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

No, they just don’t get along well with Tipton fans.  I watched the game of you guys against Eastside.  I think if we can play great defense against them that they can be scored on by an offense that runs our style of offense.  This will be a game similar to last week’s game against Tipton.  The game might come down to whoever has the ball at the end of the game.

Tipton’s fans aren’t at all like that, are they??

I think you have great passion for the team you like. I think everyone on here has great passion for a team. The difference is this. Most people think that there is more than one really good football team in the state of Indiana. Week in and week out, the passionate opinions about their team are shared with everyone. I think that most conversations have an understood level of sportsmanship mixed with mature banter. I’ll be the first to admit it is fun to have those conversations. But when my team loses I can say with a clear heart, “good game” to the other guy. Yes, it hurts and we might looks for excuses sometimes. Even when we win we can humbly tell the other guy, “man you guys played a great game.” And at the end of the day we look for other conversations to have about the amateur sport that we all love, high school football. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Devilpride95 said:

I think you have great passion for the team you like. I think everyone on here has great passion for a team. The difference is this. Most people think that there is more than one really good football team in the state of Indiana. Week in and week out, the passionate opinions about their team are shared with everyone. I think that most conversations have an understood level of sportsmanship mixed with mature banter. I’ll be the first to admit it is fun to have those conversations. But when my team loses I can say with a clear heart, “good game” to the other guy. Yes, it hurts and we might looks for excuses sometimes. Even when we win we can humbly tell the other guy, “man you guys played a great game.” And at the end of the day we look for other conversations to have about the amateur sport that we all love, high school football. 

I told every player on Tipton’s team that I talked to on Friday and all of their coaches that they played a great game!  I don’t play, so I didn’t play Friday night.  I don’t ever remember saying that it wasn’t a great game.  I remember how critical the Tipton fans were of Eastbrook fans for complaining about officiating last year, but what did you do this year when the outcome wasn’t what you wanted, complain about the officiating.  To be completely honest with you, Tipton’s fans in the stands were completely disgusting Friday night.  Eastbrook had an injured 16 year old athlete laying on the ground and what did Tipton fans do?  They heckled the player!!  I heard fans call the kid a wimp and yelled to get him off of the field, so to hear Tipton fans try to take the high road on me is comical.  That group of fans were the worst I’ve ever seen at a high school event.  I was on the press box, so I heard it all clearly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:03 PM, XStar said:

The performance of Eastside last night was as impressed as I've been with a 2A team in the tournament since 1998.  They dominated that game until the last few minutes when Luers were in desperation mode and got a little bit going.

I picked Eastside as my 2A sleeper (see link below) and last night showed why.  

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/4896-tournament-upsetsdarkhorses/?tab=comments#elControls_116970_menu

That said, I think that game was their Super Bowl.  They have been targeting that game for the past year.  Now they've won it.  I don't think they can keep that level of focus, intensity, and performance next week.  They'll have people telling them how great they are this upcoming week and it will go to their head and they'll lose that chip on their shoulder.

I think Eastbrook wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns as a result and sets up a rematch of the 2019 semistate game with Andrean.  

How was it more dominant then Webo vs eastbrook 2 years ago 44-7 in a state finals game that seems dominant. 

20 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I told every player on Tipton’s team that I talked to on Friday and all of their coaches that they played a great game!  I don’t play, so I didn’t play Friday night.  I don’t ever remember saying that it wasn’t a great game.  I remember how critical the Tipton fans were of Eastbrook fans for complaining about officiating last year, but what did you do this year when the outcome wasn’t what you wanted, complain about the officiating.  To be completely honest with you, Tipton’s fans in the stands were completely disgusting Friday night.  Eastbrook had an injured 16 year old athlete laying on the ground and what did Tipton fans do?  They heckled the player!!  I heard fans call the kid a wimp and yelled to get him off of the field, so to hear Tipton fans try to take the high road on me is comical.  That group of fans were the worst I’ve ever seen at a high school event.  I was on the press box, so I heard it all clearly.

You just don’t get it, man.

1 hour ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I was in the crowd and I didn’t hear any heckling so it couldn’t have been to the extent you mentioned. Also I wouldn’t say he was injured, he was getting stretched on the field for what felt like 10 minutes and then was back in the game a couple plays later. Also the officiating was pretty good in my opinion. However they did make a crucial call. Now if it was correctly called, it doesn’t mean Tipton goes on to win, but I do think at worse it goes to OT. IMO Eastbrook would have had a big advantage in an OT game because of their style of offense. It’s over with and I’m looking forward to seeing how this game plays out. Eastside is obviously the real deal if they knocked off that Luers team. Coach Adamson is as good as they get so there’s no doubt he will have his guys well prepared. 

26 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

I was in the crowd and I didn’t hear any heckling so it couldn’t have been to the extent you mentioned. Also I wouldn’t say he was injured, he was getting stretched on the field for what felt like 10 minutes and then was back in the game a couple plays later. Also the officiating was pretty good in my opinion. However they did make a crucial call. Now if it was correctly called, it doesn’t mean Tipton goes on to win, but I do think at worse it goes to OT. IMO Eastbrook would have had a big advantage in an OT game because of their style of offense. It’s over with and I’m looking forward to seeing how this game plays out. Eastside is obviously the real deal if they knocked off that Luers team. Coach Adamson is as good as they get so there’s no doubt he will have his guys well prepared. 

Oh, the heckling was indeed bad.  If you were in the stands, you had to hear it!  Maybe you’re just used to hearing that kind of thing.  They were definitely yelling about the kid being attended to on the field!  I think you know exactly what I’m talking based on your comment about it being like 10 minutes.  It happened right below me, so I heard everything!  You can’t argue with it.  I appreciate your kind words about next week and I’m sure like the Tipton game, it’ll be a tough game and will be a great game.  I hope everyone is healthy and ready to go.

Again, the Eastbrook way.  I think in 2018 when they lost the state championship game they were all up in arms on here and on their parent Facebook page accusing Western Boone of cheering for one of their players being injured.  I mean, they were such sore losers that they convinced themselves that the opposition got up and made a loud roar for an injury.  In reality, the video board at Lucas Oil Stadium flashed a picture of Western Boone's well-liked, retired coach Jeff Pearson on the big board during the break in play and the Western Boone fans gave a brief roar for the 8-10 seconds or so he was shown.   

I have zero doubt that Tipton fans were not heckling injured players.  In all my years of watching high school football, I have not ever seen a situation where fans were doing that as a whole.  On rare occasions, you may hear a one-off fan say something and sometimes that guy is shouted down by his peers.  Most likely, this accusation is completely made up to deflect from discussing their own behavior or the Eastbrook fan is confused about what someone was actually saying.

40 minutes ago, XStar said:

Again, the Eastbrook way.  I think in 2018 when they lost the state championship game they were all up in arms on here and on their parent Facebook page accusing Western Boone of cheering for one of their players being injured.  I mean, they were such sore losers that they convinced themselves that the opposition got up and made a loud roar for an injury.  In reality, the video board at Lucas Oil Stadium flashed a picture of Western Boone's well-liked, retired coach Jeff Pearson on the big board during the break in play and the Western Boone fans gave a brief roar for the 8-10 seconds or so he was shown.   

I have zero doubt that Tipton fans were not heckling injured players.  In all my years of watching high school football, I have not ever seen a situation where fans were doing that as a whole.  On rare occasions, you may hear a one-off fan say something and sometimes that guy is shouted down by his peers.  Most likely, this accusation is completely made up to deflect from discussing their own behavior or the Eastbrook fan is confused about what someone was actually saying.

You’re wrong, I might be a pain in the butt on here, but I don’t lie!  I’m absolutely telling the truth about the injured player being yelled at by the Tipton fans.

9 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

9 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I think if you think that it’s okay to heckle injured high school athletes, then you don’t get it!

7 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Oh, the heckling was indeed bad.  If you were in the stands, you had to hear it!  Maybe you’re just used to hearing that kind of thing.  They were definitely yelling about the kid being attended to on the field!  I think you know exactly what I’m talking based on your comment about it being like 10 minutes.  It happened right below me, so I heard everything!  You can’t argue with it.  I appreciate your kind words about next week and I’m sure like the Tipton game, it’ll be a tough game and will be a great game.  I hope everyone is healthy and ready to go.

I was on the Eastbrook sideline and the only heckling I heard was from Eastbrook fans yelling "Show some respect"  which I suppose was because the players, neither Tipton or Eastbrook, were kneeling.  While, at the same time one of the Eastbrook coaches was reminded that he could not be on the field or giving instruction during an injury timeout.

17 hours ago, Notredame79 said:

How was it more dominant then Webo vs eastbrook 2 years ago 44-7 in a state finals game that seems dominant. 

I probably didn't express what I meant very well.  I didn't mean it was the most dominant performance I've seen, just that it impressed me most compared to my expectations.  I actually gave Eastside a shot to win the game, but I did not expect them to hold Luers to 3 points into the fourth quarter.  Wouldn't have thought that was possible short of having to play in a monsoon given Luers dynamic passing game.  Webo was defending 2A state champs with a Mr. Football runner-up at QB.  They won every tournament game by 3 TD's or more I think which is certainly dominant.  It just wasn't as surprising to me which maybe is a better word I should've used rather than impressive.

Edited by XStar

7 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Thanks, this matchup is going to be interesting to watch after Eastside’s win over Luers

Totally agree, myself like many others had written Eastside off after the year Luers had. Would like nothing more than to see them get their first regional championship.

39 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Totally agree, myself like many others had written Eastside off after the year Luers had. Would like nothing more than to see them get their first regional championship.

I think most people assumed that Luers would probably steam roll all the way to SS or state (although difficult matchups with Eastbrook and Andrean). But Eastside beating Luers at Luers is no easy task in the playoffs (pretty sure Luers had never lost an championship game at home). Excellent win for the program too and for HC Matt Dazey

Edited by TigerFan20

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I think most people assumed that Luers would probably steam roll all the way to SS or state (although difficult matchups with Eastbrook and Andrean). But Eastside beating Luers at Luers is no easy task in the playoffs (pretty sure Luers had never lost an championship game at home). Excellent win for the program too and for HC Matt Dazey

Out of everyone, Eastside was the team I was most confident could hang with Luers (assuming they returned most of their key players from last season).  They had beaten them 2 years ago and hung with them for 4 quarters last year.  It could be just me, but I thought the regional game would've been easier for Luers, particularly if it had been Eastbrook.  Eastbrook has shown time and again over the years they are terrible defending the pass and Adamson has shown an unwillingness to change his approach.  I think Luers would've passed up and down the field on Eastbrook all game long.  Fortunately for Eastbrook, I think they have a much better chance against Eastside who plays a style easy for Eastbrook to defend.  In fact, I think Eastbrook is a big favorite in that matchup because Eastside won't be able to maintain the level of play they showed last week.  

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, XStar said:

Out of everyone, Eastside was the team I was most confident could hang with Luers (assuming they returned most of their key players from last season).  They had beaten them 2 years ago and hung with them for 4 quarters last year.  It could be just me, but I thought the regional game would've been easier for Luers, particularly if it had been Eastbrook.  Eastbrook has shown time and again over the years they are terrible defending the pass and Adamson has shown an unwillingness to change his approach.  I think Luers would've passed up and down the field on Eastbrook all game long.  Fortunately for Eastbrook, I think they have a much better chance against Eastside who plays a style for Eastbrook to defend.  In fact, I think Eastbrook is a big favorite in that matchup because Eastside won't be able to maintain the level of play they showed last week.  

Sound like a broken record....  Grass/Rain on Friday vs.  Turf/Rain on Friday. 

These things are intergal to an outcome, no matter what we think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Sound like a broken record....  Grass/Rain on Friday vs.  Turf/Rain on Friday. 

These things are intergal to an outcome, no matter what we think.

Yeah.  If I post my thoughts on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday this week they are likely to be the same.  Late Friday night, I may have seen something to change my mind.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XStar said:

Yeah.  If I post my thoughts on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday this week they are likely to be the same.  Late Friday night, I may have seen something to change my mind.   

I SHOULD have said   I SOUND like a broken record!  

Not you X....

• Like 1