Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg at Ben Davis Regional Championship

The Bulldogs make the 15 minute trek through Clermont on Crawfordsville Road, and up Girls School Road to face the Giants of Ben Davis. 

The Bulldogs look awfully mighty right now flexing their muscles with a 31-7 win over the Carmel Greyhounds, but they're catching a Ben Davis team that has used a favorable schedule and Sectional to get much healthier and better. The Giants are 6-5 but woulda coulda shoulda been 9-3 right now. Of course, one of those bigger losses was to Brownsburg in week one in a game where BD looked flat in the second half.

This one likely comes down to the fourth quarter. You know who I'm picking. I have the Giants winning Regional #20 in a squeaker. What say you?

3 straight years where BD has somewhat struggled out the gate, only to get healthy and pick up wins at the back of their front-loaded schedule. 

Can BD do what they did last year (beating Carmel in Regionals), and get revenge on an opponent that beat them in the regular season? 

Prediction: 

BD: 28

Brownsburg: 17

2 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

3 straight years where BD has somewhat struggled out the gate, only to get healthy and pick up wins at the back of their front-loaded schedule. 

Can BD do what they did last year (beating Carmel in Regionals), and get revenge on an opponent that beat them in the regular season? 

Prediction: 

BD: 28

Brownsburg: 17

Serious question that is in no way intended as a shot towards any program...

Does BD even game plan for the sectional?  Do they have to?  

I know there is coach speak and no one would admit it but I bet they have been preparing for either Brownsburg or Carmel since the end of the regular season.  They'll play their best football...AGAIN.

Edited by temptation

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

I know there is coach speak and no one would admit it but I bet they have been preparing for either Brownsburg or Carmel since the end of the regular season.  They'll play their best football...AGAIN.

The last 3 years they probably haven't needed to with Perry Meridian, Tech, and Southport.

Prior to 2018 though they were in some rather strong Sectionals. I think for a couple years it was BD, WC, LN, and LC. Then prior to that I believe they were in with Avon and Brownsburg.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

The last 3 years they probably haven't needed to with Perry Meridian, Tech, and Southport.

Prior to 2018 though they were in some rather strong Sectionals. I think for a couple years it was BD, WC, LN, and LC. Then prior to that I believe they were in with Avon and Brownsburg.

Correct.  I should have clarified.  I’ve long maintained that BD’s JV could win that sectional.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Don't take this as gospel because I don't know what Coach Simmons does.

I do know that for years, BD's Sectional included Northwest, Tech, Perry, Southport, Decatur, Pike, and a rotating team that at times included Manual and Franklin Central. Back in those days, they would spend most of their time on their prospective Regional opponent. That was in the Dullaghan/Allen days. So, back then, they'd get three weeks of prep for Warren.

In more recent times, the Sectional has included the Hendricks County powerhouses or Derek Moyers' Pike outfit. One year, BD had to play through Moyers and Pike, Avon, Warren, Center Grove, and Carmel to win State. The last three years, they've gotten a better draw. I don't expect that will continue into next year. I would fully expect the Giants to be moved around. Zionsville and Carmel will have to go somewhere. Since the IHSAA won't split same district schools into different Sectionals, Perry/Southport, LN/LC, HSE/Fishers are all a package deal. Then you have the singletons like Tech who is the only 6A in IPS, BD, Warren, Pike, NC, and FC. Should be interesting to see where BD gets shuffled when the committees get together.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1

Great win for Ben Davis. Total beat down of a fine football team. Don't discount the number of "flight hours" (as Coach Simmons says) on this Ben Davis Football squad. This is certainly a different team than it was at 2-5. They are healthier and better. Puncher's chance next week against the defending champs. We'll see what the Giants have for the Trojans on Friday, 11/19.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

The MIC just shows up in November.  BD will get to their 3rd consecutive final four.

LOL, had a feeling this would be your take.

But here’s the thing…last Friday was NOVEMBER 5th and Carmel DIDN’T show up.

Funny how we pick and choose our narrative.

Sorta like a South Carolina fan chanting “SEC” for Georgia or Alabama while watching them play in the Sugar Bowl after they played in the Meineke Car Care Bowl a week earlier.