Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg at Ben Davis Regional Championship

2 hours ago, temptation said:

if you don’t think it’s a huge advantage that BD gets a bye to the regional annually in the current set up, you are in denial.

Kind of like Carmel playing on the North side of the 6A bracket for so long? 

The lack of parody in the states biggest class has made many lose interest completely. The HCC chokes every single year.  The way I see it, the HCC (and other 6A schools) will never catch up to the MIC. 

How many times has a non-MIC school knocked out a MIC school in the playoffs? Brownsburg this year, but before that?

7 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Kind of like Carmel playing on the North side of the 6A bracket for so long? 

The lack of parody in the states biggest class has made many lose interest completely. The HCC chokes every single year.  The way I see it, the HCC (and other 6A schools) will never catch up to the MIC. 

How many times has a non-MIC school knocked out a MIC school in the playoffs? Brownsburg this year, but before that?

Can’t argue.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Is it possible that Ben Davis played their best game of the season and Brownsburg had an off night? Maybe Brownsburg underestimated a team with a 4-5 record? I mean, if the HCC is as pathetic as you make them out to be, then the SAC might as well just fold their entire conference based on last nights results. 

Teams that typically have “off nights” don’t seem to advance in November. Seems to be a theme with Brownsburg.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

No.  Broad strokes of hyperbole are much better click bait.

Hyperbole? Umm no.

Postseason success carries much more weight. The upper half of the SEC has carried the conference name for 2+ decades, no different here. 

No one denies that the HCC has closed the gap, but until one of its members breaks through and wins a state title, they’re going to be judged as such. Not a hard concept really.

17 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I'm told the BD Dads will be selling their "World Famous" Ribeye Sandwiches for $6.00. Scrumptious!

They are indeed awesome!!!  Worth every penny.

Congrats on such an impressive victory by your Giants last night.  Wow!!!  Got to make you proud!!  Regional champs again!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Snider's done it five times with six other contests decided by 3 points or less.

Penn has six victories with one contest decided by less than 3. 

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Ben Davis hadn’t beat a soul until tonight. Simply put, this is a below average Ben Davis team. There is no sugarcoating it. If Brownsburg was ever going to break through, this was their night. They didn’t bother to show up. Center Grove will beat this BD team by 30 points next week.

2 years ago, CG struggled in the regular season with a 4-5 record.  But the team grew up, went on a roll all the way to the 6A State championship game and gave Carmel all they wanted.  Doesn't matter a hoot how a team plays in the early season....and it matters now.

BD is playing good football.  I saw BD play at CG in the regular season and they are a good football team....and I venture to say a better team now than they were in week 4 against the Trojans.  I expect a very good football game.

9 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

That's fair, not trying to come at you lol. 

CG with a 30 point win next Friday night? I'll happily take that spread after CG struggled against a very deficient LN squad. 

I will disagree about a very deficient LN squad.  Coach Mal had an excellent game plan that the team executed beautifully.  He had that team fired up.  With his background, no one knows CG better.  Coach Mal proved why he is one outstanding head coach.  LN has some outstanding football players.  It is tough to beat team repeatedly...very tough.

I agree with your comment about the 30 point spread....not because of last night as much as how I saw BD play CG earlier this year.  That was a tough game.  Throw in CG getting hit hard by some injuries makes this a very interesting matchup.

13 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Ben Davis hadn’t beat a soul until tonight. Simply put, this is a below average Ben Davis team. There is no sugarcoating it. If Brownsburg was ever going to break through, this was their night. They didn’t bother to show up. Center Grove will beat this BD team by 30 points next week.

Well, that may be true, but they're going to the Final Four with a chance to beat Center Grove, a team that they led at the half and were within three of with four minutes to play in the third quarter this year. This is a healthier, more confident version of the Giants too. Call them whatever you want. They just beat a good Brownsburg team. They've got a kid that's thrown for almost 3,000 yards. That's only happened twice in BD history. But, you clearly know all great oracle of Ben Davis Football.

13 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

This 4-5 Ben Davis team isn’t very good. But alas, per @temptation the HCC is bound to take over the world.

Or a Ben Davis team that's about two plays from being 9-3...but...you know. Whatever.

Ya just gotta love a guy like @Footballking16 who comes in and dumps on kids on one of their best nights. 

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Well, that may be true, but they're going to the Final Four with a chance to beat Center Grove, a team that they led at the half and were within three of with four minutes to play in the third quarter this year. This is a healthier, more confident version of the Giants too. Call them whatever you want. They just beat a good Brownsburg team. They've got a kid that's thrown for almost 3,000 yards. That's only happened twice in BD history. But, you clearly know all great oracle of Ben Davis Football.

Or a Ben Davis team that's about two plays from being 9-3...but...you know. Whatever.

Ya just gotta love a guy like @Footballking16 who comes in and dumps on kids on one of their best nights. 

I didn’t dump on anyone. Ben Davis going 4-5 in the regular season beating nobody of record is now acceptable for program standards? Yeah right.

As I stated previously, Brownsburg losing to Ben Davis is more of an indictment on Brownsburg. Nothing more, nothing less. Congratulations to the Giants for surviving and getting to play another week, doesn’t change anything I said however.

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I didn’t dump on anyone. Ben Davis going 4-5 in the regular season beating nobody of record is now acceptable for program standards? Yeah right.

As I stated previously, Brownsburg losing to Ben Davis is more of an indictment on Brownsburg. Nothing more, nothing less. Congratulations to the Giants for surviving and getting to play another week, doesn’t change anything I said however.

No, you stated it was an indictment of the HCC. You’re on this island all by yourself. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider's done it five times with six other contests decided by 3 points or less.

Penn has six victories with one contest decided by less than 3. 

Is this all-time? It’s happened 12 times (including Brownsburg) total since the creation of the MIC? If so, thank you for making my point for me.

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Is this all-time? It’s happened 12 times (including Brownsburg) total since the creation of the MIC? If so, thank you for making my point for me.

You asked a question and I answered it based on researching two programs. You can research the rest. 

15 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

I love the MIC but you'd be under a rock if you think the HCC isn't creeping at the door. @temptationhas been warning us about this for 2-3 yrs. All it took was a fantastic BD gameplan to flip the script. The HCC will be king in a few years but sometimes a team with experience (BD) can overcome a relative newcomer (Brownsburg). 

BD has guys that have now started three-straight Regional Championships. 

16 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

They play in arguably the weakest pound for pound sectional in the state. Tonight was their first win against a team with a winning record all year.

Tech had a winning record.  

BD also didn't pick their Sectional, but they're now 3-0 in Regionals under Coach Simmons. I guess that he's doing something right with the time he's had to prep. I'd also say they were big underdogs in 2 of those. 

Edited by BDGiant93

5 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

BD also didn't pick their Sectional, but they're now 3-0 in Regionals under Coach Simmons. I guess that he's doing something right with the time he's had to prep. I'd also say they were big underdogs in 2 of those. 

Edit...

underdogs in 2 of those. Not big underdogs.

8 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

LOL @ Tech

On 11/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, Knightmare said:

Did some quick analysis and found the following data points (considering Pike and LC as MIC the entire time):

• In the last 25 years, a MIC team has won state 20 times (could be 21 this year if CG or BD wins); 3 of the 4 were were 1997-200)
  • In that same time 66% of the games the MIC lost were to other MIC teams
  • Of 59 instances where a MIC team lost to a non-MIC team, the following teams won: Avon 8 (Pike 4 times), Bloomington South 7 (Center Grove 5 times 1997-2006), Fishers 5, and Cathedral 4 (LN and LC both in 2015 and 2016)
  • Surprising teams that knocked out MIC teams were Lafayette Jeff (2002), Noblesville (2000), Northrop (1999), and Homestead (1998)over Carmel; Columbus East (2010), Columbus North (2008), and Terre Haute North (2005) over Center Grove; and Richmond over Warren Central (1997)
  • In the last 9 years since Pike and LC joined the MIC, a MIC team has won every year, 75% of the MIC losses were to other MIC teams
  • In that period MIC teams lost to non-MIC teams only 14 times; 4 were Cathedral and 8 were HCC teams (Avon, Fishers, Brownsburg, Zionsville); Penn had the other 2

The MIC domination of the playoffs has existed for 20+ years but has definitely been greater the past 9 seasons.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JustRules said:

Did some quick analysis and found the following data points (considering Pike and LC as MIC the entire time):

• In the last 25 years, a MIC team has won state 20 times (could be 21 this year if CG or BD wins); 3 of the 4 were were 1997-200)
  • In that same time 66% of the games the MIC lost were to other MIC teams
  • Of 59 instances where a MIC team lost to a non-MIC team, the following teams won: Avon 8 (Pike 4 times), Bloomington South 7 (Center Grove 5 times 1997-2006), Fishers 5, and Cathedral 4 (LN and LC both in 2015 and 2016)
  • Surprising teams that knocked out MIC teams were Lafayette Jeff (2002), Noblesville (2000), Northrop (1999), and Homestead (1998)over Carmel; Columbus East (2010), Columbus North (2008), and Terre Haute North (2005) over Center Grove; and Richmond over Warren Central (1997)
  • In the last 9 years since Pike and LC joined the MIC, a MIC team has won every year, 75% of the MIC losses were to other MIC teams
  • In that period MIC teams lost to non-MIC teams only 14 times; 4 were Cathedral and 8 were HCC teams (Avon, Fishers, Brownsburg, Zionsville); Penn had the other 2

The MIC domination of the playoffs has existed for 20+ years but has definitely been greater the past 9 seasons.

No love for the Snider upsets? Lol

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

No love for the Snider upsets? Lol

They only had 3 and they were all 2001-2004 against Carmel. Another interesting fact. The teams with the most non-MIC losses in the last 25 years were Carmel and Center Grove with 12 (Pike also but that's not surprising). Warren Central has only lost 3 times to a non-MIC school in the playoffs and 2 of them were 24 (Arlington) and 25 (Richmond) years ago.