Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg at Ben Davis Regional Championship

13 hours ago, JustRules said:

They only had 3 and they were all 2001-2004 against Carmel. Another interesting fact. The teams with the most non-MIC losses in the last 25 years were Carmel and Center Grove with 12 (Pike also but that's not surprising). Warren Central has only lost 3 times to a non-MIC school in the playoffs and 2 of them were 24 (Arlington) and 25 (Richmond) years ago.

BD should have lost to that Arlington team, but the 56-yard FG by Damon Fine saved the Giants.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7411673-20-years-damon-fine-wins-1999-regional-on-a-56-yard-field-goal

45 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

BD should have lost to that Arlington team, but the 56-yard FG by Damon Fine saved the Giants.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7411673-20-years-damon-fine-wins-1999-regional-on-a-56-yard-field-goal

Coach Harpold had a fantastic team that year with Ellis at RB. I watched them live beat Cathedral 21-20 in OT (was a terrific game). The Arlington at BD was also a terrific game I watched in person. Fine was an outstanding kicker, I am not sure anyone in the stadium that night felt 100% on Fine hitting that FG from 56 yds. I am sure Coach D would have rather been kicking a 35 yarder so he wouldn;t have had as much of a pucker effect!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JustRules said:

Did some quick analysis and found the following data points (considering Pike and LC as MIC the entire time):

• In the last 25 years, a MIC team has won state 20 times (could be 21 this year if CG or BD wins); 3 of the 4 were were 1997-200)
  • In that same time 66% of the games the MIC lost were to other MIC teams
  • Of 59 instances where a MIC team lost to a non-MIC team, the following teams won: Avon 8 (Pike 4 times), Bloomington South 7 (Center Grove 5 times 1997-2006), Fishers 5, and Cathedral 4 (LN and LC both in 2015 and 2016)
  • Surprising teams that knocked out MIC teams were Lafayette Jeff (2002), Noblesville (2000), Northrop (1999), and Homestead (1998)over Carmel; Columbus East (2010), Columbus North (2008), and Terre Haute North (2005) over Center Grove; and Richmond over Warren Central (1997)
  • In the last 9 years since Pike and LC joined the MIC, a MIC team has won every year, 75% of the MIC losses were to other MIC teams
  • In that period MIC teams lost to non-MIC teams only 14 times; 4 were Cathedral and 8 were HCC teams (Avon, Fishers, Brownsburg, Zionsville); Penn had the other 2

The MIC domination of the playoffs has existed for 20+ years but has definitely been greater the past 9 seasons.

Great insight and data here. Not surprising that Cathedral has the most wins considering they should be a 6A program permanently. 

The only avenue I see to changing the current 6A landscape and challenging MIC domination is by adding all P/P schools to 6A. I truly believe Cathedral, Roncalli, Chatard, Brebef, Evansville Memorial, Dwenger, etc. could all compete in 6A and finally challenge the MIC and improve Indiana football.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Great insight and data here. Not surprising that Cathedral has the most wins considering they should be a 6A program permanently. 

The only avenue I see to changing the current 6A landscape and challenging MIC domination is by adding all P/P schools to 6A. I truly believe Cathedral, Roncalli, Chatard, Brebef, Evansville Memorial, Dwenger, etc. could all compete in 6A and finally challenge the MIC and improve Indiana football.

Is this Bobby Cox?

I think you are more than a little delirious. 

All P/P would be pretty vast...the sf will move most successful programs to their "true" class..cathedral have shown they can roll with the best of them n im still shocked that new pal clipped them a couple yrs back..a win is a win n that did make them appear as a strong 5a program.. them making it out of a 6a south regional every year would be a daunting task..even for them..dwenger is a 4a as is EM (I think) n to ask a 2a or 3a for a jump of a few classes will be a tough sell..I have said b4 indiana going to 7 classes wouldn't hurt..championship weekend accommodations would be too hectic ig..the teams that can challenge the mic will be 6a and from neighboring zip codes probably

12 hours ago, Knightmare said:

11 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I think you are more than a little delirious. 

I would say more than a lot delirious, delusional, add in biased.

13 hours ago, Knightmare said:

Brebef? 

Your comment is laughable.