Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Lawrence North

I always have mixed feelings when CG plays LN given that my loyalties are obvious but I consider Pat Mallory a friend and want to see him succeed.  Lots of familiarity among the coaches, lots of wing t, and lots of talent on the field.  Should be fun.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Grover said:

I always have mixed feelings when CG plays LN given that my loyalties are obvious but I consider Pat Mallory a friend and want to see him succeed.  Lots of familiarity among the coaches, lots of wing t, and lots of talent on the field.  Should be fun.

Do either of these teams really consider wing-T as their base anymore though? CG is probably in it more, but they do pass a lot and are in the gun most of the time from what I have seen this year. 

12 hours ago, Grover said:

I have not seen much Wing T from LN the last few years we've played them.

As far as the game goes, LN is maybe the best defensive team not named Center Grove in the MIC. I think they're underappreciated on that side of the football. Offensively, it comes down to Omar Cooper and Ali Richardson and what they can do. This likely won't be a running clock game, but CG definitely should have the advantage in the end.

Center Grove 35, Lawrence North 14

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Do either of these teams really consider wing-T as their base anymore though? CG is probably in it more, but they do pass a lot and are in the gun most of the time from what I have seen this year. 

I would say for Center Grove it is about personnel. CG still runs Wing T, but with Jackson at QB they can be very versatile and run some spread. CG has mixed in spread from time to time over the past few years, they may be in spread a little more now though with Jackson.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, Grover said:

They haven't run it much lately but it's still taught.

Cooper is fantastic.  I expect him to be a point of emphasis for both teams.

Was he featured on "you got mossed" during last Sundays nfl countdown? If so he will need a few more if they plan on winning..was nice to see IN get some love though..

Well I am not going against a teem that 7 out of 11 games have had a running clock at halftime or early third quarter. IN the last CG vs LN  game at half CG was winning 36-6 and with 10 minutes left in the third quarter went up 43-6.  CG defense is just incredible and they held Cooper to 5 Rec 45 Yds and  Richardson had 20 Car  70Yds (I think most came during running clock)

CG 42,  LN 14