Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Westfield at Carroll Regional

Westfield (10-1) at Carroll (Fort Wayne) (10-1)
GAME TIME: 8 pm ET, Gorsuch Complex.
COACHES: Jake Gilbert, 82-47 in 11th year at Westfield, 112-83 in 17th year overall. Doug Dinan, 90-44 in 12th year at Carroll.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Westfield, 101.76, 3rd overall, 2nd in 6A. Carroll, 85.1, 20th overall, 11th in 6A.
LAST OUTING: Westfield defeated Hamilton Southeastern, 24-22. Carroll defeated Warsaw, 36-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Westfield 66-51. Carroll 56-57.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Westfield, 35-24.

It's that time of the year again where we get to see what 6A in Fort Wayne can do against an Indy school. 

Two very good QBs, but Westfield's O-Line looked MASSIVE. This will be Carroll's biggest challenge of the year, and they are playing their best football. 

I've got Westfield 35-21. Carroll has the facilities and the enrollment to become next level 6A. I'm just not sure they are there yet. I hope they prove me wrong. The Chargers are without a doubt the best team in the northeast quadrant of the state. So we'll see how that measures up to Indy. 

Two schools with arguably the best facilities in the state. I was unbelievably impressed with the new digs at Carroll last week! Easily one of the nicest football stadiums in the state and it's not close. Very few can compete with it. Fans that make the trip from Westfield will be pleased.

The Warsaw game wasn't AS bad as it seemed... well kinda... shoulda/woulda/coulda game here, but if Warsaw scores on their drive before halftime and gets to the locker room down 22-7, then scores on their opening drive of the second half, the game easily could have been 22-14 with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter.

Instead, Carroll stopped Warsaw at the 20 yard line with less than a minute in the half, and Becker took a QB draw 65 yards for a TD with only seconds to spare before halftime. That gave Carroll a 29-0 lead at halftime, and then the Tigers made their way inside the 20 yard line again on their first drive of the second half before the Chargers stopped them again.

IMO - the long drive up to Fort Wayne for Westfield could play a little into things. If Carroll can start hot, they can certainly be competitive in this ball game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Prospect said:
Westfield (10-1) at Carroll (Fort Wayne) (10-1)
GAME TIME: 8 pm ET, Gorsuch Complex.
COACHES: Jake Gilbert, 82-47 in 11th year at Westfield, 112-83 in 17th year overall. Doug Dinan, 90-44 in 12th year at Carroll.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Westfield, 101.76, 3rd overall, 2nd in 6A. Carroll, 85.1, 20th overall, 11th in 6A.
LAST OUTING: Westfield defeated Hamilton Southeastern, 24-22. Carroll defeated Warsaw, 36-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Westfield 66-51. Carroll 56-57.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Westfield, 35-24.

It's that time of the year again where we get to see what 6A in Fort Wayne can do against an Indy school. 

Two very good QBs, but Westfield's O-Line looked MASSIVE. This will be Carroll's biggest challenge of the year, and they are playing their best football. 

Could you please point me to John Harrell's website that shows predictions?  I dont seem to be able to locate it.  Thank you.

16 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I love Westfield’s football stadium, never been Carroll’s before

For my money; Absolutely the BEST Stadium in the FW Area.  

It doesn't have the Press Box of Lafayette Jeff or Westfield, but it absolutely based upon the designs of both.  NACS did multiple visits to these locales in order to design the facility they thought best at this time, and one that could be expanded and/or updated as needed. 

There is a RIDICULOUS amount of space for visiting teams' coaching staffs, Media and others in the Press Box area.  Obviously an elevator to access these areas.  

The only downside that I have heard from those at Carroll is that they have had issues hearing whistles and the like, because of the "sound-proof" nature of the Press Box.  

9 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

For my money; Absolutely the BEST Stadium in the FW Area.  

It doesn't have the Press Box of Lafayette Jeff or Westfield, but it absolutely based upon the designs of both.  NACS did multiple visits to these locales in order to design the facility they thought best at this time, and one that could be expanded and/or updated as needed. 

There is a RIDICULOUS amount of space for visiting teams' coaching staffs, Media and others in the Press Box area.  Obviously an elevator to access these areas.  

The only downside that I have heard from those at Carroll is that they have had issues hearing whistles and the like, because of the "sound-proof" nature of the Press Box.  

Been looking at Carrol’s stadium and holy smokes! They put in tons of work building their new stadium. Tons of space for this upcoming game, too bad I live in Evansville, or else I would check it out.

image.jpeg.de81bd6d2be17f057db614fb551e48cc.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Been looking at Carrol’s stadium and holy smokes! They put in tons of work building their new stadium. Tons of space for this upcoming game, too bad I live in Evansville, or else I would check it out.

image.jpeg.de81bd6d2be17f057db614fb551e48cc.jpeg

The visiting side is just as impressive, if ya want to know.  They did a great job!  

29 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't remember the exact date. For all I know, they already started. I know they have a major overhaul plan of their campus. 

As a taxpaying citizen of SACS, I am curious as to what the heck you are talking about?  

I haven't heard anything regarding an upgrade of Dave Walters Stadium in the near future.....

1 hour ago, BTF said:

It makes me wonder what Homestead's new stadium will be like. They won't want Carroll to have the best stadium in Allen County. 

10 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

As a taxpaying citizen of SACS, I am curious as to what the heck you are talking about?  

I haven't heard anything regarding an upgrade of Dave Walters Stadium in the near future.....

I know they are buliding a new high school, but did not think a new football stadium was part of that construction plan at this time. Could be wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

You weren't notified of the $600 tax hike per household in the SACS school district?

Just now, Yuccaguy said:

Got that... But nothing regarding the Stadium.   Though, I am fine if that happens.  

(Rich) vs.  WANNA BE Rich..  Its an Aboite thang

I was kidding about the tax hike. 

The link I found was for the renovation of the high school at a cost of 169 million. When I ran a google search of the stadium, this popped up. But when you click on the link it says 'not found.' 

Jul 08, 2020 · Homestead sports venue improvements coming. FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - The soon to begin renovation of Homestead High School will include major improvements to three of.........

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I was kidding about the tax hike. 

The link I found was for the renovation of the high school at a cost of 169 million. When I ran a google search of the stadium, this popped up. But when you click on the link it says 'not found.' 

Jul 08, 2020 · Homestead sports venue improvements coming. FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - The soon to begin renovation of Homestead High School will include major improvements to three of.........

No viable link.

The improvements, are to Baseball, Softball and Basketball facilities.  We here in SACS, are well aware of those improvements.  

18 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Facility image

Sparty won't be outdone by their sacs counterpart..if u build it..they will come..lol..doesn't hurt to try anyway..best thing for Carroll is they're not expected to win this game..bad thing is they've never seen anyone like the rocks in their program's history..n if they did..it didn't end well..Dinan has some big boys up front n even a few on the sideline..they will need all hands on deck to pull the upset

Edited by Justasportsfan