Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fort Wayne Area Teams - Regional Championships

Westfield at Carroll - The Rocks come to the Fort this Friday after a scare against the Royals last week. While the Chargers dismantled the Tigers and their "Bart Ball", the Rocks needed a last minute field goal to lift them to the dub. The Chargers come into this game focused. If they can go into halftime with the lead, they might just have an upset. Westfield by 13

Bishop Dwenger at Zionsville - The Saints welcomed in the Panthers last week and just dominated from kickoff to kneel down. Playing a rival can do special things for a team. So can the fact that you might be related to half of your teammates. Zionsville had a brutal regular season schedule that has them more than prepared for the Fort's Fighting Tippmanns. Zionsville by 20

Brebeuf Jesuit at Norwell - These Knights have played well this season, and have risen to nearly every challenge thrown their way this year. The Braves, however, are simply better. Those Indy Catholic schools are something else. It might not be a score blowout, but I fully expect the Braves to soundly win this one. Brebeuf Jesuit by 15

Eastbrook at Eastside - Just about everyone in the state will have their eyes on this one. Two unstoppable offenses meet two immovable defenses. Flip a coin and take your pick. Will the Blazers' win over the mighty Knights last week have them feeling lax this Friday? I think not. Give me the homefield heros. Eastside by 2

Adams Central at South Adams - The Starfires have improved since their Week 6 loss to the Jets. Just look at their grind-out win over the Bears two weeks ago, a team who shut them out in Week 5. Unfortunately for them, the Jets have also done nothing but improve. Adams Central by 26

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, southend said:

Ok I’m not inclined to think any of these schools are Fart Wayne area teams. Except Bishop Dwenger and Carroll. But nice write up.  

Everyone has a different opinion of what "area" actually entails. And yes, good write up. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Westfield at Carroll - The Rocks come to the Fort this Friday after a scare against the Royals last week. While the Chargers dismantled the Tigers and their "Bart Ball", the Rocks needed a last minute field goal to lift them to the dub. The Chargers come into this game focused. If they can go into halftime with the lead, they might just have an upset. Westfield by 13

Bishop Dwenger at Zionsville - The Saints welcomed in the Panthers last week and just dominated from kickoff to kneel down. Playing a rival can do special things for a team. So can the fact that you might be related to half of your teammates. Zionsville had a brutal regular season schedule that has them more than prepared for the Fort's Fighting Tippmanns. Zionsville by 20

Brebeuf Jesuit at Norwell - These Knights have played well this season, and have risen to nearly every challenge thrown their way this year. The Braves, however, are simply better. Those Indy Catholic schools are something else. It might not be a score blowout, but I fully expect the Braves to soundly win this one. Brebeuf Jesuit by 15

Eastbrook at Eastside - Just about everyone in the state will have their eyes on this one. Two unstoppable offenses meet two immovable defenses. Flip a coin and take your pick. Will the Blazers' win over the mighty Knights last week have them feeling lax this Friday? I think not. Give me the homefield heros. Eastside by 2

Adams Central at South Adams - The Starfires have improved since their Week 6 loss to the Jets. Just look at their grind-out win over the Bears two weeks ago, a team who shut them out in Week 5. Unfortunately for them, the Jets have also done nothing but improve. Adams Central by 26

Likelihood of Fort Wayne “area” teams to win this weekend (my opinion).

1.  Adams Central

2.  Eastside

3.  Dwenger

4.  Carroll

5.  Norwell

Agree/Disagree?

2 hours ago, southend said:

Ok I’m not inclined to think any of these schools are Fart Wayne area teams. Except Bishop Dwenger and Carroll. But nice write up.  

So I basically included teams that fell under the Northeast Indiana GameNight umbrella. This includes the SAC, NE8, ACAC, and NECC. I didn't wanna call it the "Northeast Indiana Teams" thread, because I knew that would include teams that I wasn't planning on talking about. And growing up in Fort Wayne, I've always considered Auburn, to Columbia City, to Huntington, to Decatur, to the state line, and everything in between to be "Fort Wayne" area.

Edited by CLKeller16
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Likelihood of Fort Wayne “area” teams to win this weekend (my opinion).

1.  Adams Central

2.  Eastside

3.  Dwenger

4.  Carroll

5.  Norwell

Agree/Disagree?

Agreed. I could flip Dwenger and Carroll but only because I think they both have about the same chances this Friday.

14 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

So I basically included teams that fell under the Northeast Indiana GameNight umbrella. This includes the SAC, NE8, ACAC, and NECC. I didn't wanna call it the "Northeast Indiana Teams" thread, because I knew that would include teams that I wasn't planning on talking about. And growing up in Fort Wayne, I've always considered Auburn, to Columbia City, to Huntington, to Decatur, to the state line, and everything in between to be "Fort Wayne" area.

Passing thought:

I know the SIAC has had a thread that has lasted all season, and the HHC thread has been going since 2019. How about a NEIGN (Northeast Indiana GameNight) thread for next season? I know the SAC has some supporters on the forum, and so does the NE8, ACAC, and NECC, just not as many as some of the other conferences. It'd be nice if people from NE Indiana could have their own dedicated thread instead of being spread out across the forum. Said thread would encompass 35 teams across 4 conferences. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Got it. 

Not knowing much about them , Norwell seems to have upped their program these last few years. They don’t appear to be world beaters but a team that the school and fans can get excited about. For a long time they had almost no program at all. Hope they show against Brebeuf.

7 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

You are fine.    I will never understand why people have to criticize others who make attempts to bring discussion and information to these boards.    Living in the area and trying to decide which game I will attend Friday, it was much appreciated.

• Like 4

Okay white shoes, I was not criticizing any body.  I can have an opinion. And it was answered by clkeller just fine. And I posted some more on the subject. The discussion continued without any bad mouthing til your post. Thank you. Anything else you want to add Mr. Perfect ?

13 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Eastside over Eastbrook. The panthers wont be able to stop the pass. Eastside has played a tougher schedule too.

7 hours ago, southend said:

Not knowing much about them , Norwell seems to have upped their program these last few years. They don’t appear to be world beaters but a team that the school and fans can get excited about. For a long time they had almost no program at all. Hope they show against Brebeuf.

Not sure what you mean by this comment? Norwell has had a number of ups and downs in their football history and overall as a school they have a winning record of 300-281-1, with 6 double digit win seasons since 1980. They have 8 sectional championships to their name along with 2 state runner-ups (1999 and 2006).

Sure they had a bad stretch between 2010 and 2018, but even in 2012 when they went 0-9 in the regular season they won their first 2 games of sectional play before falling 14-7 against FW Dwenger.

Norwell has always been a strong program, especially being one of the smaller teams in the Northeast Hoosier/Northeast 8 conference.

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/team.php?team=NORW

12 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Not sure what you mean by this comment? Norwell has had a number of ups and downs in their football history and overall as a school they have a winning record of 300-281-1, with 6 double digit win seasons since 1980. They have 8 sectional championships to their name along with 2 state runner-ups (1999 and 2006).

Sure they had a bad stretch between 2010 and 2018, but even in 2012 when they went 0-9 in the regular season they won their first 2 games of sectional play before falling 14-7 against FW Dwenger.

Norwell has always been a strong program, especially being one of the smaller teams in the Northeast Hoosier/Northeast 8 conference.

They’re back on track now and should continue to be very competitive for the next couple years.

Can’t argue with the picks other than to note 100% chance of rain Thursday.  If ur on grass and field is still tore up from 2 weeks ago the slop is the ultimate equalizer (SA).

16 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

To add to this, Norwell is in my opinion the very clear favorite next year in the NE8 as well. They have 5 shutouts this year and are letting up an average of 8.8 points/game. 

16 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Passing thought:

I know the SIAC has had a thread that has lasted all season, and the HHC thread has been going since 2019. How about a NEIGN (Northeast Indiana GameNight) thread for next season? I know the SAC has some supporters on the forum, and so does the NE8, ACAC, and NECC, just not as many as some of the other conferences. It'd be nice if people from NE Indiana could have their own dedicated thread instead of being spread out across the forum. Said thread would encompass 35 teams across 4 conferences. Any thoughts?

I like it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, southend said:

I've seen film on both..brebeuf has the talent n I believe motivation from the past few years..those guys are hungry for a ring..Norwell is a gr8 team with the community behind them..playing for a regional is a great accomplishment for them n they have produced D1 talent..rn its kind of like a diluted chatard rolling in wearing burgundy n gold though n there may take divine intervention although BJ may have that on their side as well..lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

The SAC's streak of having a representative at semi-state for the last 34 years is on the line this weekend. 

Dwenger has revenge on their mind..last years game was tight until the 4th with some bad special team play n a few calls that didn't go their way..ik the eagles have seen the new wrinkles BD added last week yet it looked like cyo in November per usual..kolkman is a veteran coach n they imho have the highest chance of pulling an upset 

3 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Dwenger has revenge on their mind..last years game was tight until the 4th with some bad special team play n a few calls that didn't go their way..ik the eagles have seen the new wrinkles BD added last week yet it looked like cyo in November per usual..kolkman is a veteran coach n they imho have the highest chance of pulling an upset 

The Bishop Dwenger Head Football Coach is Jason Garrett, who has been at the helm since Chris Svarczkopf retired from coaching in 2017. Casey Kolkman was the Defensive Coordinator, until he took the Head Coaching job, a couple of years back, with the Heritage H.S. Patriots at Monroeville.