Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Zionsville vs Dwenger

Looking forward to seeing what happens when a 5 loss team from the HCC meets up with a 4 loss team from the SAC. Zionsville pulled the upset last year. Can Dwenger return the favor this year? I think the Saints can win this game if they play with the same intensity they played last Friday against Snider. But since Indy has had their way with Fort Wayne over the last few years, I'll roll with Zionsville by 7. 

The game peaks my interest because of what you said about Indy vs Fort Wayne. But also Dwengers improvement from the start of the season. Zionsville will be a formidable foe..they play a hammer of a schedule and won the games they were supposed to I guess.  While you could say the saints were a little weak at the start. I’m going to go with Bishop Dwenger. 
Who’s favored?

42 minutes ago, southend said:

The game peaks my interest because of what you said about Indy vs Fort Wayne. But also Dwengers improvement from the start of the season. Zionsville will be a formidable foe..they play a hammer of a schedule and won the games they were supposed to I guess.  While you could say the saints were a little weak at the start. I’m going to go with Bishop Dwenger. 
Who’s favored?

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think most who follow high school football would favor Zionsville. Both have similar records, but it's widely accepted that the HCC is the better conference. 

JH has it as 42-24 in favor of Zionsville based off of Sagarin ratings

Fort Wayne Dwenger (7-4) at Zionsville (7-5)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Zionsville.
COACHES: Jason Garrett, 42-9 in 4th year at Bishop Dwenger. Scott Turnquist, 19-18 in 3rd year at Zionsville.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Zionsville, 85.6, 17th overall, 5th in 5A. Bishop Dwenger, 67.78, 70th overall, 16th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Bishop Dwenger defeated Fort Wayne Snider, 42-20. Zionsville defeated Kokomo, 42-17.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bishop Dwenger 56-56. Zionsville 65-59.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Zionsville, 2-0
LAST MEETING: Zionsville, 30-21, Nov. 13, 2020, regional.
jh PREDICTION: Zionsville, 42-24.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

JH has it as 42-24 in favor of Zionsville based off of Sagarin ratings

Fort Wayne Dwenger (7-4) at Zionsville (7-5)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Zionsville.
COACHES: Jason Garrett, 42-9 in 4th year at Bishop Dwenger. Scott Turnquist, 19-18 in 3rd year at Zionsville.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Zionsville, 85.6, 17th overall, 5th in 5A. Bishop Dwenger, 67.78, 70th overall, 16th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Bishop Dwenger defeated Fort Wayne Snider, 42-20. Zionsville defeated Kokomo, 42-17.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bishop Dwenger 56-56. Zionsville 65-59.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Zionsville, 2-0
LAST MEETING: Zionsville, 30-21, Nov. 13, 2020, regional.
jh PREDICTION: Zionsville, 42-24.

That’s what I was wondering, Sagarin. Maybe? Haven’t seen either play. 

Take Sagarin with a grain of salt when it comes to the SAC. That being said, would I be surprised if Zionsville won by two touchdowns? Not at all. Homestead, Carroll, and Snider all beat Dwenger by multiple scores this year. It really just depends on how badly Dwenger wants it this time around. They brought it against Snider last week, which was expected for a rivalry game. They need to bring that same intensity Friday night. 

Kyle Neddenriep from the Indy Star predicts Zionsville 30, Fort Wayne Dwenger 23.

I have not seen Dwenger play so I have no idea honestly.....other than Dwenger has a solid tradition.  I agree, this will be a great game, potentially decided by a TD.  Once you get to the playoffs anything can happen.
Edited by Sports Freak20
misspelled word

From my topic about this:

The Saints welcomed in the Panthers last week and just dominated from kickoff to kneel down. Playing a rival can do special things for a team. So can the fact that you might be related to half of your teammates. Zionsville had a brutal regular season schedule that has them more than prepared for the Fort's Fighting Tippmanns. Zionsville by 20

8 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

From my topic about this:

The Saints welcomed in the Panthers last week and just dominated from kickoff to kneel down. Playing a rival can do special things for a team. So can the fact that you might be related to half of your teammates. Zionsville had a brutal regular season schedule that has them more than prepared for the Fort's Fighting Tippmanns. Zionsville by 20

This is just so wonderful, that the Creator has given to you, a wonderful gift of clairvoyance. Use it well.

12 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

This is just so wonderful, that the Creator has given to you, a wonderful gift of clairvoyance. Use it well.

I know what these words mean, and I understand the sentence, but I have no idea what you mean by it. Like is it supposed to be sarcastic? Are you making fun of me? I’m genuinely baffled on this one 😂

1 hour ago, CLKeller16 said:

I know what these words mean, and I understand the sentence, but I have no idea what you mean by it. Like is it supposed to be sarcastic? Are you making fun of me? I’m genuinely baffled on this one 😂

I'm sorry, that you seem to be under the comprehension, I must be talking down to you. I don't want to provide for you any misunderstanding, that might lead you into believing any misconception. 

1 hour ago, statmurp_10 said:

I'm sorry, that you seem to be under the comprehension, I must be talking down to you. I don't want to provide for you any misunderstanding, that might lead you into believing any misconception. 

Try that again, you're setting yourself up for disaster.