Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Central (Farmersburg)

I guess my interest is piqued about this Thunderbird team playing for a Regional Title Friday in Farmersburg.  Those in our area know 2018 was a stellar year for the Green and White...  winning their 1st Sectional Title I think...ever... going 9-2 losing to North Vermillion in that Regional game.  It was a two year run... they were 10-2 the year before (both losses to Eastern Greene, the year EG went to state final game).  That was a 19-4 run under Travis Nolting who then headed to Greenfield Central.   Since that class graduated it's been rough treading with a combined 3-16 the last 2 years heading into 2021.   I've known Joe Kutch for a long time, and see he because head coach mid season at NC last year.  Since we (Linton) haven't had them on schedule since 2016, and we aren't in the same class... I don't know much about NC other than a casual glance at scores.  Course I saw they started out 0-4, and figured it might be still a tough grind... but lo and behold I took notice when they beat Perry Central 18-14 in opening week of Sectional 40.  Looking back I saw they had wins over 8-3 Park Tudor, and a win over Riverton Parke (who had later beaten Covington in a surprise)..  So I kept my eye on the Tbird... and sure enough they went on to beat Tecumseh.. which coulda gone either way... but I was shocked at how they went to French Lick and put a licking on the then 9-1 Blackhawks of Springs Valley.  huh?   Are things just gelling all of a sudden with Coach Kutch and the players?  Was someone out half the season suddenly suit up and kick them to another level.  Don't get me wrong.. I'm happy to see the success... I'm just amazed at it.  This is what you tell your kids all season when they are losing.... keep working, and keep trying to be better each week.  Cause it CAN all come together at the right time.   

They got a tough one coming up it looks like... 10-2 Tri---  who's losses were to South Putnam (8-3) and Centerville (2A 10-1).  But then Valley was 9-1 going into their meeting.  I'm just interested... who is shining for the Thunderbirds?  They were always a ground n pound wishbone type team.   All I can say in congrats on the turnaround...  and I know things gotta be exciting for the NC community!! 

Been talking about them in the 1A thread for a few weeks. They are big. They did have some luck against Valley (6 fumbles all recovered by offense for NCF) plus Valley lost their best player in game against Tecumseh. The defense is good. It's gonna he hard to run up the middle against them. Valley scored on a Pass and a punt return. Went nearly 2Qs without a first down. 

17 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Been talking about them in the 1A thread for a few weeks. They are big. They did have some luck against Valley (6 fumbles all recovered by offense for NCF) plus Valley lost their best player in game against Tecumseh. The defense is good. It's gonna he hard to run up the middle against them. Valley scored on a Pass and a punt return. Went nearly 2Qs without a first down. 

thanks for sharing...I knew SV had lost their best player...