Best Program in Southern Part of State

On 11/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, Screagle said:

From SW Indiana it’s simple. 
1. Memorial 

2. Mater Dei 

3. Heritage Hills

4. GS/Southridge 

5. ummm nobody. 

biggest factor is tournament success. Regular season records are hard to compare because of how incredibly soft some conferences are. 

Any update?

@Titan32 Not taking anything away from other programs but there’s no doubt where to go for football success with best chances for deep tournament runs and exposure in SW Indiana. No particular order top 3 EM, MD and GS.  Next 3 SR, HH and maybe Castle. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see Regionals thrown in that metric....only because we have double digit regionals and it would give us a bit of a boost.  So to be honest, totally selfish on my part.

over the next 3-4 years we should improve these numbers with a couple deep runs, hopefully at least 1 to LOS.  The expectation is a back to back trip to LOS in a few years.  Hopefully Chatard stays in 4A!

Oh, and just a jab to throw in, Lawrenceburg is 0-3 against the PAC for the last 3 years.

Edited by HHPatriots

40 minutes ago, superjay said:

If I were to move my kid down south for football only.  I would go to Heritage Hills.  Linton would be my 2nd choice.  

I see you are from Tri-west....if you kid's last name is Dutra, WELCOME TO LINCOLN CITY!  Just kidding, we would welcome any kid from such a stellar program as Tri-West.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Screagle said:

@Titan32 Not taking anything away from other programs but there’s no doubt where to go for football success with best chances for deep tournament runs and exposure in SW Indiana. No particular order top 3 EM, MD and GS.  Next 3 SR, HH and maybe Castle. 

44 minutes ago, superjay said:

If I were to move my kid down south for football only.  I would go to Heritage Hills.  Linton would be my 2nd choice.  

I don't think you could go wrong with the PAC conference in general. A quick plug for SR successes, going back the last couple of decades (2000s to present) I believe we actually hold a slim margin of victories head-head vs. MD. Especially of late, their successes have came when we've been bumped up due to the success factor and/or enrollment. That in no way is meant to diminish what they have accomplished, again just putting a plug in for us. 

The success factor is a fickle thing..I'm not sure Memorial was too heartbroken to be in 4A the last couple of years?? Whereas, again, a 3A semi-state team I would like to think had a chance of a Lucas trip had we been in the correct classification. 

As is life though...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jets said:

I don't think you could go wrong with the PAC conference in general. A quick plug for SR successes, going back the last couple of decades (2000s to present) I believe we actually hold a slim margin of victories head-head vs. MD. Especially of late, their successes have came when we've been bumped up due to the success factor and/or enrollment. That in no way is meant to diminish what they have accomplished, again just putting a plug in for us. 

The success factor is a fickle thing..I'm not sure Memorial was too heartbroken to be in 4A the last couple of years?? Whereas, again, a 3A semi-state team I would like to think had a chance of a Lucas trip had we been in the correct classification. 

As is life though...

I can promise you that Memorial is glad they were in 4A in 2019, or they wouldn't have been celebrating another state title. 

TBH, I'm glad we didn't have to deal with that 2019 Memorial team, but would still like to see those 2 teams play.

8 minutes ago, Screagle said:

We are looking forward to getting back to 3A.  

You will be gumming your jelly toast before that happens LOL.

17 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I can promise you that Memorial is glad they were in 4A in 2019, or they wouldn't have been celebrating another state title. 

TBH, I'm glad we didn't have to deal with that 2019 Memorial team, but would still like to see those 2 teams play.

2019 GS was really really good as well.  

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

That Mater Dei ranking is questionable.

I assume your rankings are a joke. GS has won 4 sectional titles in it's history, MD has 23 sectional championships, 14 regionals, 6 semi state titles and one state title. GS has been on a nice little run the last few years, but dude you are out of your mind. 

1. Memorial 

2/3. MD/Reitz

4/5. HH/SR 

Honorable mention: Castle, GS

I'm sure I missed something and these rankings are obviously only for our little corner of the world.   

5 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I assume your rankings are a joke. GS has won 4 sectional titles in it's history, MD has 23 sectional championships, 14 regionals, 6 semi state titles and one state title. GS has been on a nice little run the last few years, but dude you are out of your mind. 

1. Memorial 

2/3. MD/Reitz

4/5. HH/SR 

Honorable mention: Castle, GS

I'm sure I missed something and these rankings are obviously only for our little corner of the world.   

Yeah bro...I think you missed something LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HHPatriots said:
6 hours ago, jets said:

Not the 1st time we’ve been told we can’t beat Chatard. We were told in 18 no chance. Our JV played most the 4th quarter. 2019 by far best defense Memorials ever ran onto the field  

Edited by Screagle

Sectional 32 would have been a beast in 2019. I like our chances. IMO the younger Combs is the best player I’ve seen in a blue and white uniform. Guessing if he played RB all season and not just the playoffs he’s easily a 1000 plus yard rusher. Never mind the problems he caused as an edge rusher as Chatard found out in 18.  Again. All just my opinions which aren’t worth much. 

Edited by Screagle

19 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Sectional 32 would have been a beast in 2019. I like our chances. IMO the younger Combs is the best player I’ve seen in a blue and white uniform. Guessing if he played RB all season and not just the playoffs he’s easily a 1000 plus yard rusher. Never mind the problems he caused as an edge rusher as Chatard found out in 18.  Again. All just my opinions which aren’t worth much. 

And there is one more coming through...

49 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Not the 1st time we’ve been told we can’t beat Chatard. We were told in 18 no chance. Our JV played most the 4th quarter. 2019 by far best defense Memorials ever ran onto the field  

By far one of the most impressive wins  that anyone has had in all of Indiana football.  How many teams can actually say they have blown out chatard since 2000?  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Don't make promises for a team you know nothing about . We aren't glad or sad. It is what it is. We will compete as a school of less than 600 kids in whatever class we are told to play in, whether it's against schools with 600-700 or 1350. We would have enjoyed playing HH in 32 Sectional in 2019, and then Chatard at state. Too many teams down here seem to fear them. 

• Haha 1

Historically... Reitz or Jasper. The tournament, classes, and now the success factor have all changed how we can measure the success of programs.

But seriously, Reitz, what is going on? Mater Dei certainly isn't the MD of yesteryear, but with the success factor and the SIAC schedule and Coach Goebel, it can handle Class 2A South most years (I don't think these MD teams have the talent of the 00's)...

As much heck as I have given Reitz, SW Indiana needs you to help elevate big class football in SW Indiana. Memorial, Jasper, and for a few years Central did so, but "Let's Go Panthers!"

10 hours ago, Screagle said:

I don't think you'd find many HH fans betting that the Patriots would beat Memorial in 2019. It was a good Heritage Hills team, but maybe not even Coach Wilkerson's best -- just his most successful. 

I biasedly prefer the 2003 HH-EVM matchup. HH, without any real DI players (Seifrig graduated the year before ... one sophomore who lettered went on to play DI), also beat Mater Dei in the same sectional and Jasper (coming off a 4A State Championship) during the regular season.

The 1990s had some great games, HH was better in the 2000s, and Memorial has been the better program over the past 10 years. That's my objective take and I'm sure I'll take some flack from my own school for saying so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Historically... Reitz or Jasper. The tournament, classes, and now the success factor have all changed how we can measure the success of programs.

But seriously, Reitz, what is going on? Mater Dei certainly isn't the MD of yesteryear, but with the success factor and the SIAC schedule and Coach Goebel, it can handle Class 2A South most years (I don't think these MD teams have the talent of the 00's)...

As much heck as I have given Reitz, SW Indiana needs you to help elevate big class football in SW Indiana. Memorial, Jasper, and for a few years Central did so, but "Let's Go Panthers!"

Quick quiz - since the success factor implementation, which 2A school has been bumped up for tournament success? SR, or MD? Wasn't this thing put in place for the private/parochial schools anyway?!? 

I suspect, with 28 juniors on their roster, MD will be making their SF trip up soon, that is, unless, the IHSAA decides the COVID year really didn't happen? 

• Like 1