Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Numbers

gonzoron

I am a "6"....short for 666, I guess.

BTW, I have been saving check no. 6666 from my checkbook for a few weeks.  Yeah, I still write those things.

Been saving it for my inevitable annual payment to the IRS next week....desperate attempt......admittedly.

Edit - unless someone can tell me a better place to point that bad karma missile.  Mortgage has long been paid off.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

Looks to be a new bug related to the "affiliation" checkboxes in the GID user profile section.  The more affiliations (player, parent, fan, etc.) you have checked, the more numbers show up.  Probably a database lookup thing.    0 = player, 1 = parent,  etc.  Instead of the actual verbiage just the number(s) is being displayed.

Edited by Muda69

A number there to generate a new thread on OOB to further enhance conspiracy theory activity/posts.  Kind of like the number of geese in a V.

If you've ever looked at a geese flying in a V and noticed that one side is longer, there's a very specific reason for that ... there are more of them on that side.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Looks to be a new bug related to the "affiliation" checkboxes in the GID user profile section.  The more affiliations (player, parent, fan, etc.) you have checked, the more numbers show up.  Probably a database lookup thing.    0 = player, 1 = parent,  etc.  Instead of the actual verbiage just the number(s) is being displayed.

Dunno' for sure, but my basic assumption is that the "6"s are either sexual panthers like me or....

eef76b075090e1271fd178f76365f01b.jpg

(Thinking you might enjoy this reference Muda.....formative for me..."I am not a number....")

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I was hoping it was my GID Deputy badge number. 'There'll be no mollycoddling! At the first sign of trouble, we've got to NIP IT IN THE BUD!'

Dude - you're a No 1.  I'm part of the autonomous collective.  I am being repressed.  I'm just a 6.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Dude - you're a No 1.  I'm part of the autonomous collective.  I am being repressed.  I'm just a 6.

Just select "parent" as the one & only affiliation you claim in your GID profile.  Voila!  You are #1.

7 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I think the Ahole theory has more plausibility, if it weren't for the fact that I'm #7, I'm clearly a bigger Ahole than that. 

The mudarators must not think so.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I think the Ahole theory has more plausibility, if it weren't for the fact that I'm #7, I'm clearly a bigger Ahole than that. 

Agreed, you should rank higher under the Ahole theory...as should I.  This is all about repression, though.  The "1"s  are part of the violence inherent in the system and not part of the autonomous collective we "6"s and "7"s belong to.

"Help, Help, I am being repressed!"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

A number there to generate a new thread on OOB to further enhance conspiracy theory activity/posts.  Kind of like the number of geese in a V.

If you've ever looked at a geese flying in a V and noticed that one side is longer, there's a very specific reason for that ... there are more of them on that side.

I don't know Fox - Using old math, or new math?

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Well, there is a LOT of competition here. 🤣

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, swordfish said:

I don't know Fox - Using old math, or new math?

Neither ... just a bit of ciphering ...

Or for those in the gifted and talented class that mix math with the arts, the Ernest T. Bass math method ...

• Haha 3

On 4/11/2019 at 9:59 PM, DK_Barons said:

I know what it is supposed to be... but not sure why it is messed up.

It should be: fan, coach, parent, etc...

Agreed.  Appears to be a database query issue:

SELECT [Aff_ID] from Affiliation_Lookup
WHERE [Aff_ID] = <input_paramter>

instead of:

SELECT [Aff_Desc] from Affiliation_Lookup
WHERE [Aff_ID] = <input_parameter>