Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A Semistate - New Albany @ Cathedral Nov 19th (@ Tech)

On 11/13/2021 at 9:26 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

Bloomington South was without their starting QB and starting RB last night. I don’t think New Albany would’ve won under normal circumstances but I’m still shocked they won at all.

This is the most experienced team New Albany probably has ever had and it allowed them to get here. First conference and sectional titles since 2002. First ever regional title. Nevertheless, I fully expect Cathedral to be up by 35+ by halftime and play with a running clock in the second half.

Thanks for sharing....I was wondering how they lost to South the opening game of the season by 30, yet beat them in the Regional by 19.  Still a 49 point turnaround...I assume NA must improved throughout the season......

1 minute ago, Sports Freak20 said:

I don't think you were bashing on him.  He hasn't had his best game (hitting open receivers) the past 2 games however he is very good and young.  As you stated, penalties have been an issue.  Overall the offense needs to get their rhythm back a bit, they'll be fine.  Obviously, defense has been stellar and I don't see them giving up many points to anyone.

I have watched what DC and New Pal have learned primarily from Center Grove. Blitz the ‘A’ gap. QB wants to throw deep. Doesn’t have the time. I am looking for more of the short passes to the open guy like McCahill was good at. Zionsville held Dwenger to -7 yds. That is good defense. Last week, we started 2 drives inside the 25 and yielded 3 points. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Thanks for sharing....I was wondering how they lost to South the opening game of the season by 30, yet beat them in the Regional by 19.  Still a 49 point turnaround...I assume NA must improved throughout the season......

NA lost the first game by 30 because they were missing 7 starters, including Myles Johnson who ran for 180 yards this game. I feel like they’re fairly even teams.They played last year and NA beat them by 12. 
NA has improved during the season. They seem to be loose and having fun. Maybe the “playing with house money” kinda attitude. I’m sure they know how challenging this game is…..but I’d bet they show up and play hard. All you can ask…and being competitive in this game is a big ask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

They definitely have improved. New Albany has been notorious within the Hoosier Hills Conference for their atrocious defense. They started the year rough but improved on it greatly as the year has gone on.

It seems the IHSAA is trying to make up for the lost revenue from last year.  Tickets for the semi state are $10 ea. with a $1.50 service charge for each ticket.  It is through an IHSAA site, that everyone must use to purchase tickets in advance.  There will be tickets sold at the gate, and this seems to be a thriftier way of gaining admission.  That is if the gate price is the same as the advance price.

Anyway, we'll be there!  GO IRISH!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

South was down 3 starters their starting qb(1000+ passing and a couple hundred rushing)  rb(1000+ rushing)  and best wr which all started the first game.  Unsure whether south lost any more kids throughout season at other positions . Watching the game south really missed their offensive production  . The d was on field too long this game was 14 14 in late 3rd q I believe. Souths d just got wore down and NA Was beneficiary of the short field during their late drives. The south offense was down to sophomore qb and rb and they couldn't get anything going. I realize NA Was down kids the first meeting this year but had south had those kids I feel the game would have tilted possibly the exact opposite score. By the way when na beat south last season it was south head coaches first game as bhss hc. Not to dismiss the w for na but takes a bit for Kids to changeover from a hall of fame coach that retired the year before. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It seems the IHSAA is trying to make up for the lost revenue from last year.  Tickets for the semi state are $10 ea. with a $1.50 service charge for each ticket.  It is through an IHSAA site, that everyone must use to purchase tickets in advance.  There will be tickets sold at the gate, and this seems to be a thriftier way of gaining admission.  That is if the gate price is the same as the advance price.

Anyway, we'll be there!  GO IRISH!!!!

Semi State tickets have been 10$ since 2016 and the processing fee is going to Huddle Tickets not IHSAA so they are not making any more money than recent years.

Now if you are looking for someone that is trying to recover revenue you don't have to look farther than Cathedral. They charged 9$  for a regular season home game plus if tickets were bought on line there was a processing fee of over a dollar. 

18 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Semi State tickets have been 10$ since 2016 and the processing fee is going to Huddle Tickets not IHSAA so they are not making any more money than recent years.

Now if you are looking for someone that is trying to recover revenue you don't have to look farther than Cathedral. They charged 9$  for a regular season home game plus if tickets were bought on line there was a processing fee of over a dollar. 

Rent free

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Good effort.

Game time is 7:30 Friday night.  Hope to see you there.

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I did hear in the Cathedral Post-game Show that New Albany and Cathedral have played 10 times but not since 1933!! They had a home-away from 1923-1933. 

I am assuming these guys must have taken a train back then? Would love a historian to fetch that series data from the archives. 

All-time Series:
New Albany vs. Indianapolis Cathedral

Date   Result   Series
10-18-1924 New Albany 0 - 13 Indianapolis Cathedral 0-1
10-31-1925 New Albany 0 - 7 Indianapolis Cathedral 0-2
10-23-1926 New Albany 2 - 6 Indianapolis Cathedral 0-3
10-12-1929 New Albany 12 - 0 Indianapolis Cathedral 1-3
10-11-1930 New Albany 3 - 20 Indianapolis Cathedral 1-4
10-10-1931 New Albany 6 - 7 Indianapolis Cathedral 1-5
10-21-1933 New Albany 15 - 21 Indianapolis Cathedral 1-6

Indianapolis Cathedral leads series 6-1

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=NA&team2=IND_CAT

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

All-time Series:

Date   Result   Series

This is really cool, thanks for posting!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 10:54 AM, FastpacedO said:

All-time Series:

Date   Result   Series

...and I'm sure that series is relevant today!

• Disdain 1

I think it's awesome to see this history. Still wondering how they transported 30-40 players either to New Albany or Indy in those days. Looks like the first school bus wasn't manufactured until 1930. Assume they must have taken a train. 

"In 1927, a Ford dealership owner named A. L. Luce built the first bus that primarily used steel panels. In 1930, Wayne Works introduced the first all-steel school bus body with safety glass windows."

7 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I think it's awesome to see this history. Still wondering how they transported 30-40 players either to New Albany or Indy in those days. Looks like the first school bus wasn't manufactured until 1930. Assume they must have taken a train. 

"In 1927, a Ford dealership owner named A. L. Luce built the first bus that primarily used steel panels. In 1930, Wayne Works introduced the first all-steel school bus body with safety glass windows."

Amish horse pferd GIF - Find on GIFER

On 11/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, Slobberknocker said:

No offense to you directly Slobberknocker but I have seen an enormous amount of placing the dollar sign behind the number instead of in front of it is there something I have missed on this.  I have never seen where in currect english this as acceptable i understand it is common in romania languages such as mexicana but this is a minor detail that really bothers me as a grammer nutzi.