Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Southern Semi-State: Mater Dei @ Scecina Memorial

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

Backsidebelly with the hit'n run commentary/prediction 😎...  kinda like dropping off a verbal SBD as you pass through the MD vs Scecina Semi-State chat room.  For those who do not currently have 13 year old boys in their house and thus are unfamiliar with some of their slang, SBD stands for "silent but deadly".  AKA,  the "fart & run"...😅🤣😂

I could certainly come up with a scenario where Scecina wins by 10 but curious of thoughts behind your prediction?  Who you got in the Eastbrook game this week?     ; -0

Eastbrook isn’t playing this week.  They were defeated by Eastside in a very good game.  As far as my Scecina prediction, I just think they have everything clicking and I think they can and will beat MD.  Now, if you don’t mind I’m going to get back to my juice and PlayStation.

32 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Eastbrook isn’t playing this week.  They were defeated by Eastside in a very good game.  As far as my Scecina prediction, I just think they have everything clicking and I think they can and will beat MD.  Now, if you don’t mind I’m going to get back to my juice and PlayStation.

Appreciate the banter, certainly no offense intended.  😎   

I have been impressed by Scecina in the videos I have watched.  I do not follow them during the season so no way to gauge how well they have played the last few wks vs regular season.  I know they avenged a close, early season loss to HC in the sectionals by 3 TDs, so something went their way in that 2nd game.   They are very fast & certainly capable of defeating MD. 

However, I think MD is also firing on all cylinders at this point which should make this a very good game!  One thing area where Scecina has looked vulnerable on tape is passing defense.  They have a strong pass rush but when QBs have had time, they have been successful against Scecina D.   MD has a pretty good passing game, better than recent teams Scecina has defeated, IMO.  So that is where I am hanging my hopes for a Wildcat victory this Friday.  I would feel better if Scecina had the 4 hr bus ride but MD has been there, done that 2X already in the playoffs!  Best of luck to both teams.

3 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Hmm, MD prez Andy Morris resigned today after just 2 years.  No comment as to why.  Considering the timing and the lack of explanation, it’s likely going to arouse suspicions.

Hopefully not anything that would distract the team.

Timing to what? I don't see that being any distraction whatsoever. 

34 minutes ago, tango said:

Timing to what? I don't see that being any distraction whatsoever. 

Timing in that it’s unusual for an administrator to abruptly resign 3 months into a school year.  I don’t mean that it had anything whatsoever to do with their game, or any bearing on it.

When I say “distraction”, I’m hoping there isn’t some kind of scandal behind this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, Boilernation said:

Random observation after watching some of the Scecina/ Central Catholic game: Scenina has the blandest uniform / helmet combo I've ever seen. Reminds me of a generic combo from a 1995 Eastbay magazine. 

Don't be hating on Old School Uni's! 🤣

All The Right Moves Football GIF - All The Right Moves Football Coach -  Discover & Share GIFs

On 11/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, MDAlum82 said:

Appreciate the banter, certainly no offense intended.  😎   

I have been impressed by Scecina in the videos I have watched.  I do not follow them during the season so no way to gauge how well they have played the last few wks vs regular season.  I know they avenged a close, early season loss to HC in the sectionals by 3 TDs, so something went their way in that 2nd game.   They are very fast & certainly capable of defeating MD. 

However, I think MD is also firing on all cylinders at this point which should make this a very good game!  One thing area where Scecina has looked vulnerable on tape is passing defense.  They have a strong pass rush but when QBs have had time, they have been successful against Scecina D.   MD has a pretty good passing game, better than recent teams Scecina has defeated, IMO.  So that is where I am hanging my hopes for a Wildcat victory this Friday.  I would feel better if Scecina had the 4 hr bus ride but MD has been there, done that 2X already in the playoffs!  Best of luck to both teams.

Only common opponent is Triton Central Scecina beat them 27-0 and Mater Dei 35-7. Makes for a very intriguing game!

When I was playing football at Uindy, I got to watch quite a bit of Secina football. Always really good athletes and well coached players. Undersized in a lot of games, but doesn't have an affect on them in the slightest, low man always wins! 

On the flip side of this, Mater Dei seems to find themselves playing on Thanksgiving weekend quite a bit. The players look like they live in the weightroom, and it shows on the field as well. 

I'm more of a North guy when it comes to 2A, but it doesn't take a genius to know this is gonna be a DAWG fight! I'm not taking a winner, but the spread isn't going to be more than a touchdown for whichever team that wins in my opinion. Goodluck to both teams, safe travels for the fans, and hopefully its a great, injury free game!

• Like 1

For Mater Dei to win, they will need to defend the LOS and keep Stennis(?) from getting out in space.  Stennis is hard to bring down once he gets into secondary and he can outrun any DB.  From the games I have watched, teams that have forced Scecina into 3rd & long/passing situations have fared much better.  Scecina is capable of passing the ball but not their strong suit.

MD may be a bit more balanced on Offense in that they have been able to win games using either option running (TC) or passing (LS).  This could be the key for the Wildcats.  It will be difficult for Scecina to shut down both run & pass (IMO), which gives MD an slight edge, again, just my opinion.

Both teams have strong Defenses and have allowed few points in the post-season so far.  This is where the game will be decided, IMO.  Whichever D can disrupt the other’s offense enough to get a couple of stops and/or TOs, likely wins. 

I will pick MD 24 – 21 but only because I am an unabashed homer…  Best of luck to both teams for a well-played game and safe travels to all fans, esp. the MD faithful who will be on the road again for another 7-8 hour Nap Town Turn-around.

6 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

I will pick MD 24 – 21 but only because I am an unabashed homer…  Best of luck to both teams for a well-played game and safe travels to all fans, esp. the MD faithful who will be on the road again for another 7-8 hour Nap Town Turn-around.

I will as well pick MD but I thought Linton would be playing them. AS MD said Victors/Spoils. 24-21 feels good but if the Wildcats are hot they will score a LOT more. Just a thought. And that's what I predicted for Linton.lol