Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

SAC


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, HHF said:

strength training and muscle building is the biggest separator between north and central Indiana 6A football.   Those dudes down there pass the shirt test.

It would be interesting to see when schools first--outside of BD, since their program is rather well known in that regard--started hiring S&C coaches. I think S&C is one of the vital differentiators--it may be the most significant--but the competitive environment is the most significant to me. Why else should schools hire S&C coaches except to gain an advantage in a highly competitive environment?

2 hours ago, BTF said:

But let's not lose sight of the fact that better competition breeds better programs. You'd have to be blind to not recognize that Homestead and Carroll are better programs for joining the SAC. The HCC would probably be similar to the SAC or even a notch below if the MIC hadn't toughened them up over the years. Unfortunately for the SAC, there aren't any 5000 enrollment schools to toughen them up.

There's a lot of truth here, especially in that better competition breeds better programs, and that Homestead and Carroll have benefited by playing in the SAC. Your overall point about competition is well taken.

When you look into it more closely, surprisingly, there isn't a ton of crossover between the two leagues. Is it fair to say the MIC has toughened up the HCC, maybe. Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, and HSE have the most crossover with MIC schools, somewhere between 10-20 games over the past 15-25 years, and Carmel has played Noblesville a lot, which doesn't seem to have toughened up the Millers too much. I think it's more likely the HCC schools are in a similarly ultra-competitive environment to the one that the MIC schools are in, and the schools in HCC, like those in the MIC, aren't--with the exception of Carmel--wildly different in their enrollments. I guess this should be a positive for northern Indiana's 6As; now they just have to find a way to play each other all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PDB26 said:

It would be interesting to see when schools first--outside of BD, since their program is rather well known in that regard--started hiring S&C coaches. I think S&C is one of the vital differentiators--it may be the most significant--but the competitive environment is the most significant to me. Why else should schools hire S&C coaches except to gain an advantage in a highly competitive environment?

There's a lot of truth here, especially in that better competition breeds better programs, and that Homestead and Carroll have benefited by playing in the SAC. Your overall point about competition is well taken.

When you look into it more closely, surprisingly, there isn't a ton of crossover between the two leagues. Is it fair to say the MIC has toughened up the HCC, maybe. Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, and HSE have the most crossover with MIC schools, somewhere between 10-20 games over the past 15-25 years, and Carmel has played Noblesville a lot, which doesn't seem to have toughened up the Millers too much. I think it's more likely the HCC schools are in a similarly ultra-competitive environment to the one that the MIC schools are in, and the schools in HCC, like those in the MIC, aren't--with the exception of Carmel--wildly different in their enrollments. I guess this should be a positive for northern Indiana's 6As; now they just have to find a way to play each other all the time. 

Touting all of their success before 2018, Snider's probably calling b@#$s%&! on this entire conversation. 

You could be making a good point though. For the SAC, it may not be a matter of scheduling anyone from Indy. It's more about replacing a South Side with a Warsaw, a Concordia with Penn, and a Wayne with Merrillville. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Snider

Northrop

Dwenger

Carroll

Homestead

Warsaw

Leo

East Noble

 

The Upstate 8

7 game conference schedule.  2 non con

Northrup needs to prove that they belong by investing in its football program to bring it up to 5A-6A level.  They seem to play at a 2A=3A level, no disrespect to Eastside and Luers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Touting all of their success before 2018, Snider's probably calling b@#$s%&! on this entire conversation. 

You could be making a good point though. For the SAC, it may not be a matter of scheduling anyone from Indy. It's more about replacing a South Side with a Warsaw, a Concordia with Penn, and a Wayne with Merrillville. 

Nothing but respect for Snider and their success here, but the context is totally different. Teams like Penn and Snider could be successful because central Indiana wasn't a murderer's row of football programs 20-25 years ago. That was obviously changing around 2000-2005, and now central Indiana has so many good programs playing each other all the time. I think that's the difference right there in the big class football. HHF mentioned S&C and that's absolutely part of it, but the schedule is 1a or 1b. 

8 minutes ago, HHF said:

Snider

Northrop

Dwenger

Carroll

Homestead

Warsaw

Leo

East Noble

This would be beneficial and it's feasible. Freedom to get two out of conference would be huge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, PDB26 said:

Nothing but respect for Snider and their success here, but the context is totally different. Teams like Penn and Snider could be successful because central Indiana wasn't a murderer's row of football programs 20-25 years ago. 

I agree that the landscape is different now than it was 25 years ago. But in all fairness, Snider would have given Center Grove and Penn a run for their money in 2016. Unfortunately, a team like that only comes around every 5 years or so. By and large, I agree with your statement. I just like to get all the facts out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

I agree that the landscape is different now than it was 25 years ago. But in all fairness, Snider would have given Center Grove and Penn a run for their money in 2016. Unfortunately, a team like that only comes around every 5 years or so. By and large, I agree with your statement. I just like to get all the facts out there. 

No argument here. I meant to add something to that effect previously. A special group can and likely will come along and make a nice run. I think it's going to be that much more difficult for some of these programs where people expect lots of success to reach a level of sustainability given the realities of the competitive environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PDB26 said:

No argument here. I meant to add something to that effect previously. A special group can and likely will come along and make a nice run. I think it's going to be that much more difficult for some of these programs where people expect lots of success to reach a level of sustainability given the realities of the competitive environment.

Snider's declining enrollment, now down to 1800 students, doesn't help their case much. Homestead and Carroll are 2400 and growing. Lot's of potential there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HHF said:

Snider

Northrop

Dwenger

Carroll

Homestead

Warsaw

Leo

East Noble

 

The Upstate 8

7 game conference schedule.  2 non con

Northrup needs to prove that they belong by investing in its football program to bring it up to 5A-6A level.  They seem to play at a 2A=3A level, no disrespect to Eastside and Luers.

 

No matter what the future holds for the conference, Dwenger is going to make deep runs in 4a & 5a. I don't see how adding Leo and East Noble helps Snider, Carroll, and Homestead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, BTF said:

No matter what the future holds for the conference, Dwenger is going to make deep runs in 4a & 5a. I don't see how adding Leo and East Noble helps Snider, Carroll, and Homestead. 

Leo, Warsaw  and EN replace Northside, Southside, Wayne, Luers (2A) and Concordia and give the big SAC schools two free open dates.  That's 5 much better games to sharpen the saw during the regular season.  Ad in a much more strident S&C program and youve got progress.

A possible Homestead schedule could look like this :

Valpo

HSE

Warsaw

Northrup

LEO

East Noble

Dwenger

Snider

Carroll

 

Possible Carroll Schedule

Penn

Ben Davis

Northrup

Dwenger

East Noble

Snider

LEO

Warsaw

Homestead

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I think Dwenger, Luers, Homestead and Carroll should leave the SAC and start a new conference. Fill the schedule with Indy and Region Teams. Let's be honest here. 

Hmm!  As you've stated earlier in the last few weeks all kinds of formulas have been hashed out and discussed here on this forum, and you've made different proposal's of a blend for conference teams over the last several years. At one point, you so noted, the at administrator's of each of the schools accepted an idea for consideration, and by a vote of yeas and nays turned it down. It will take a lot changed hearts to even consider some new, or even an older idea. Where do you believe your most recent idea of a proposal would be going, if you could find a few administrators to again consider your idea of a plan? Do you want to guess, or would you rather, all of the readers of your idea to guess? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, statmurp_10 said:

Hmm!  As you've stated earlier in the last few weeks all kinds of formulas have been hashed out and discussed here on this forum, and you've made different proposal's of a blend for conference teams over the last several years. At one point, you so noted, the at administrator's of each of the schools accepted an idea for consideration, and by a vote of yeas and nays turned it down. It will take a lot changed hearts to even consider some new, or even an older idea. Where do you believe your most recent idea of a proposal would be going, if you could find a few administrators to again consider your idea of a plan? Do you want to guess, or would you rather, all of the readers of your idea to guess? 

My brain hurts after reading this

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 6:28 PM, Yuccaguy said:

Very Happy to see Justin Kenny TOTALLY AGREE with every aspect of what I have consistently said about the SAC.  

Again, the solution to the ability of the "BIG GUYS" to compete on a larger stage will probably come down to Carroll and Homestead (the 'red-headed step-children' in the SAC's money grab for FB and BB)... 

(CHS and HHS) Leaving, and then cementing independent games with the more competitive teams of the SAC, in conjunction with picking up games in other areas of the State (or otherwise) against tougher competition, is the only way they and the  SAC's bigger schools get better also.    

By doing this, it would require the others "left behind" in the SAC to find outside competition (better).  Since it is apparent the the SAC has no intention of moving off their closed-conference stance.  

The SAC is only to the benefit of the lower classified schools!  Period, Point Blank! 

6A teams playing 2A through 4A schools for the entire regular season is fool-hearty.  Play other 6A and or competitive 5A schools week-in and week-out.  That will make you stronger in the long run.  The "lower classified" SAC schools should have no issue finding competition above their classification, if they seek to do so on the off weeks.  

I assume those that represent the teams (certain 2A and a certain 4A school playing up due to success factor) will be ... as usual the ones that are quite content with the SAC as it exists in FB.  

And the beat goes on......

There’s a few different problems with the SAC as it sits right now. I think everyone in this thread can and has acknowledged that fact. First thing I’d like to address is is that as a Luers guy, I would rather play a 9 game schedule where We’re playing the absolute best of the best every week. I can’t and won’t speak for players and coaches there now but 15-20 years ago, we wanted those games and hated that we couldn’t play teams like Chatard, Cathedral, Carmel and Warren. Does Luers benefit from playing in the SAC? Yes. But only 4 of the other 9 teams. The other 5 schools have 0 benefit from a competitive standpoint. Fort Wayne football used to have no problem competing with Indy. That was also almost 2 decades ago. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of kids in each school (Bigger sample size) but I also think it has a lot to do with teams moving away from a more physical style of play. Physicality used to be a staple here. Now, not as much. Another thing I thought of, someone in another thread spoke of what Adams county football would look like if AC and South Adams were 1 school? What if the SAC were to do something similar? Combine schools to create a couple 6A schools with 2500-3000 kids a piece. I bet that’s a big enough of a sample size. Just my thoughts 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

There’s a few different problems with the SAC as it sits right now. I think everyone in this thread can and has acknowledged that fact. First thing I’d like to address is is that as a Luers guy, I would rather play a 9 game schedule where We’re playing the absolute best of the best every week. I can’t and won’t speak for players and coaches there now but 15-20 years ago, we wanted those games and hated that we couldn’t play teams like Chatard, Cathedral, Carmel and Warren. Does Luers benefit from playing in the SAC? Yes. But only 4 of the other 9 teams. The other 5 schools have 0 benefit from a competitive standpoint. Fort Wayne football used to have no problem competing with Indy. That was also almost 2 decades ago. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of kids in each school (Bigger sample size) but I also think it has a lot to do with teams moving away from a more physical style of play. Physicality used to be a staple here. Now, not as much. Another thing I thought of, someone in another thread spoke of what Adams county football would look like if AC and South Adams were 1 school? What if the SAC were to do something similar? Combine schools to create a couple 6A schools with 2500-3000 kids a piece. I bet that’s a big enough of a sample size. Just my thoughts 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

 

Spoke at length with a fellow official tonight about THIS and the fact that Bluffton/Harrison School Corporation has for years approached Southern Wells about consolidation.  Neither of these scenarios have gathered no traction. nor will ever happen.  

As for mega schools in the FW Area, that is well on it's way (I live in SACS district).  I also foresee NACS (Carroll) approaching that in time.  But unless and until these programs seek a different approach to their FB programs, mostly.  The current composition the SAC provides will not allow them to compete with the HCC/MIC and soon enough perhaps the DAC in the IHSAA FB Tournament beyond a Sectional Title.  

I have said that the composition of the SAC absolutely benefits the Luers/Dwenger/Concordia/Wayne/SS/NS of the conference come tournament time.

Were Carroll and Homestead to bolt and go fully independent.  I am positive that the 'better" FB programs of the SAC would still entertain a yearly contest with both of them.  Then HHS and CHS could cobble together a schedule that was more daunting and preparatory for the IHSAA 6A playoff system.  Additionally, the 2 open weeks of the SAC season for most teams could be used to pickup a more representative school for those teams that could prepare THEM for the IHSAA playoffs.  

The years that Harding and Elmhurst were gone from the SAC schedule, were IMO the most completive and entertaining from a "state wide" perspective that we've seen.  

I think the middling SAC 4A schools would have no issue contacting perhaps an East Noble, Leo, Columbia City (or other NE8 team) even an NLC or NIC team....and filling those open weeks to give them a more completive balance with their schedules, rather than a BEAT-DOWN via a 6A school that is of no 'value' to either of them. 

Just my .02 

 

Edited by Yuccaguy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HHF said:

Leo, Warsaw  and EN replace Northside, Southside, Wayne, Luers (2A) and Concordia and give the big SAC schools two free open dates.  That's 5 much better games to sharpen the saw during the regular season.  Ad in a much more strident S&C program and youve got progress.

A possible Homestead schedule could look like this :

Valpo

HSE

Warsaw

Northrup

LEO

East Noble

Dwenger

Snider

Carroll

 

Possible Carroll Schedule

Penn

Ben Davis

Northrup

Dwenger

East Noble

Snider

LEO

Warsaw

Homestead

 

 

 

Love how everyone says little schools,  Wayne, North Side and South Side are bigger than Dwenger. The one thing nobody is saying.  What makes Dwenger,  Carroll and Homestead above the rest..

Money! When kids go to places like OPS,  Parkview sports or AWP (is that still around) that makes a hell of a difference. After driving through Zionsville last week and seeing the size of the homes, I bet a lot of Indy area kids have that and do alot of camps or 7 on 7. 

I know that Dwenger got better 4 years ago because of a program called FIT was started 10 years ago. They start playing in 2nd grade. Learning the fundamentals. 

Leo, Homestead and Carroll have similar programs. Your  Average FWCS player starts in 7th grade... ponder that for a little bit.

Edited by Mebuck
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Were Carroll and Homestead to bolt and go fully independent.

Now that Homestead and Carroll have raised their programs to an SAC level of play, they are realizing that it's not enough to get to Lucas. Indy has outpaced it's competitors something severe over the past 10 years. The only way for Homestead and Carroll to keep up would be to go independent. When both of those schools (2400) reach 2800-3000 in enrollment, are they still going to want to play 4a and 3a programs? Lol, I cant' imagine that being the case. We might as well make a change sooner rather than later.

I have no doubt that Snider and Dwenger would pick those two back up on their open dates, but it's back to the drawing board for those two programs..............it doesn't get either one of them to Lucas more regularly. Both will get back to state, I have no doubt about that. But throwing some Indy schools in the mix will no doubt get them there more often. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Love how everyone says little schools,  Wayne, North Side and South Side are bigger than Dwenger. The one thing nobody is saying.  What makes Dwenger,  Carroll and Homestead above the rest..

Money! When kids go to places like OPS,  Parkview sports or AWP (is that still around) that makes a hell of a difference. After driving through Zionsville last week and seeing the size of the homes, I bet a lot of Indy area kids have that and do alot of camps or 7 on 7. 

I know that Dwenger got better 4 years ago because of a program called FIT was started 10 years ago. They start playing in 2nd grade. Learning the fundamentals. 

Leo, Homestead and Carroll have similar programs. Your  Average FWCS player starts in 7th grade... ponder that for a little bit.

After watching Westfield toy with Merrillville last night, I have no hope for 6A northern football.  Frankly, the one 6A school in the north that is the most likely to eventually break thru is Elkhart.  They have the best combination of enrollment (3000) and access to athletic talent to compete with the Indy megas.  Last night was the end of the story for Merrillville in 6A.  They will reclass to 5A and become a 5A state power.  The school is looking forward to moving to 5A, based on comments made by the coach back in July.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, HHF said:

After watching Westfield toy with Merrillville last night, I have no hope for 6A northern football.  Frankly, the one 6A school in the north that is the most likely to eventually break thru is Elkhart.  They have the best combination of enrollment (3000) and access to athletic talent to compete with the Indy megas.  Last night was the end of the story for Merrillville in 6A.  They will reclass to 5A and become a 5A state power.  The school is looking forward to moving to 5A, based on comments made by the coach back in July.  

Everyone was hoping the Duneland would come through last night. They didn't, and it wasn't even close. So how good is the Duneland? Crown Point was the only team to come within 27 of the Pirates. That was a 14 point defeat after losing by 37 on their first go around with them. After last nights result, the Duneland appears to have a lot of work to do. I say that respectfully as I've always had respect for that region of the state. 

Elaborate on Elkhart as the "most likely to break through." A school of 3000 shouldn't be as awful as they were this year. Maybe I'm missing something. 

This may be a homer statement, those outside of Fort Wayne can decide. But I think the hope lies with Homestead and Carroll. Both schools are trending toward 3000 enrollments. They both have good coaching (not great, but good). They 5Aboth have the facilities and the socioeconomics. The big piece of the puzzle that's missing is the ability to add an MIC and HCC team to their annual schedule.

Good for Merrillville to be bumping down to the class that they rightfully belong. The north will be exciting with them added to the 5A mix with Snider, Dwenger, and Valpo. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

Everyone was hoping the Duneland would come through last night. They didn't, and it wasn't even close. So how good is the Duneland? Crown Point was the only team to come within 27 of the Pirates. That was a 14 point defeat after losing by 37 on their first go around with them. After last nights result, the Duneland appears to have a lot of work to do. I say that respectfully as I've always had respect for that region of the state. 

Elaborate on Elkhart as the "most likely to break through." A school of 3000 shouldn't be as awful as they were this year. Maybe I'm missing something. 

This may be a homer statement, those outside of Fort Wayne can decide. But I think the hope lies with Homestead and Carroll. Both schools are trending toward 3000 enrollments. They both have good coaching (not great, but good). They 5Aboth have the facilities and the socioeconomics. The big piece of the puzzle that's missing is the ability to add an MIC and HCC team to their annual schedule.

Good for Merrillville to be bumping down to the class that they rightfully belong. The north will be exciting with them added to the 5A mix with Snider, Dwenger, and Valpo. 

 

Elkhart produces a good number of highly talented athletes.  The consolidated high school will reap those benefits over the next decade and you will see some very good football coming out of that program.  The Lions had a horrific season with injuries and covid this year - they basically have written 2021 off and are looking to the future.  

In my view, the bottom half of The SAC will hold down Homestead and Carroll just as the bottom half of the NIC has hurt Penn.  A championship level football program cannot have 4 or 5 throwaway games on a 9 game schedule.  That 20 year NIC winning streak doesn't look so good when you lose by 50 in the state finals. 

If I were Homestead and Carroll, I would mirror my program after whatever Westfield and Zionsville are doing.  They are the affluent Indy suburban schools that mostly mirror that two SAC schools.  Zionsville's offensive line is huge.  The school has an enrolment of 2200   .  Their Rbs and QB are thick and their DBs fast, tall and very strong.  They are the best looking team I have seen this post season.  Dinan should reach out to Larry McWhorter and Scott Turnquist and rebuild his program in the Zionsville image.  Zolman should do the same with Jake Gilbert at Westfield.  

Edited by HHF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Now that Homestead and Carroll have raised their programs to an SAC level of play, they are realizing that it's not enough to get to Lucas. Indy has outpaced it's competitors something severe over the past 10 years. The only way for Homestead and Carroll to keep up would be to go independent. When both of those schools (2400) reach 2800-3000 in enrollment, are they still going to want to play 4a and 3a programs? Lol, I cant' imagine that being the case. We might as well make a change sooner rather than later.

I have no doubt that Snider and Dwenger would pick those two back up on their open dates, but it's back to the drawing board for those two programs..............it doesn't get either one of them to Lucas more regularly. Both will get back to state, I have no doubt about that. But throwing some Indy schools in the mix will no doubt get them there more often. 

 

45 minutes ago, BTF said:

Everyone was hoping the Duneland would come through last night. They didn't, and it wasn't even close. So how good is the Duneland? Crown Point was the only team to come within 27 of the Pirates. That was a 14 point defeat after losing by 37 on their first go around with them. After last nights result, the Duneland appears to have a lot of work to do. I say that respectfully as I've always had respect for that region of the state. 

Elaborate on Elkhart as the "most likely to break through." A school of 3000 shouldn't be as awful as they were this year. Maybe I'm missing something. 

This may be a homer statement, those outside of Fort Wayne can decide. But I think the hope lies with Homestead and Carroll. Both schools are trending toward 3000 enrollments. They both have good coaching (not great, but good). They 5Aboth have the facilities and the socioeconomics. The big piece of the puzzle that's missing is the ability to add an MIC and HCC team to their annual schedule.

Good for Merrillville to be bumping down to the class that they rightfully belong. The north will be exciting with them added to the 5A mix with Snider, Dwenger, and Valpo. 

 

Now we are getting somewhere.  Dwenger/Snider picking up Carroll/Homestead on their "open dates" FILLS their 9 game schedule; Problem Solved!  See how easy that is?

Now lets, focus on the 'middling schools'.  THEY can go out and focus on the NLC/HHC/CIC/NE8 or otherwise and have a more competitive opponent that is more indicative of the competition that they would face year and year out in the tournament.  

As for HHS and CHS, THEY would be the ones who would have to "strengthen" their overall schedules by seeking out stronger competition outside of the SAC.  I am absolutely convinced that schools state-wide would welcome the opportunity to play either the Spartans or Chargers any time/any place.  

Merrillville/Valpo/Michigan City/Penn/Warsaw (the list goes on and on).. would be much better Northern IN competition to the HHS and CHS programs than SS/NS/Concordia/Wayne..even a loss to a phenomenal 2A program like Bishop Luers.   Heck, those programs are better for the programs that I consider 'middling' than playing HHS and CHS also.  

Step up your game!  The SAC as currently constructed is a Dinosaur.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, HHF said:

Elkhart produces a good number of highly talented athletes.  The consolidated high school will reap those benefits over the next decade and you will see some very good football coming out of that program.  The Lions had a horrific season with injuries and covid this year - they basically have written 2021 off and are looking to the future.  

In my view, the bottom half of The SAC will hold down Homestead and Carroll just as the bottom half of the NIC has hurt Penn.  A championship level football program cannot have 4 or 5 throwaway games on a 9 game schedule.  That 20 year NIC winning streak doesn't look so good when you lose by 50 in the state finals. 

If I were Homestead and Carroll, I would mirror my program after whatever Westfield and Zionsville are doing.  They are the affluent Indy suburban schools that mostly mirror that two SAC schools.  Zionsville's offensive line is huge.  The school has an enrolment of 2200   .  Their Rbs and QB are thick and their DBs fast, tall and very strong.  They are the best looking team I have seen this post season.  Dinan should reach out to Larry McWhorter and Scott Turnquist and rebuild his program in the Zionsville image.  Zolman should do the same with Jake Gilbert at Westfield.  

I was unaware of the problems Elkhart was facing this year. I hope you are right about the future there. The north needs them. I believe their coach has a good history?

I imagine Carroll and Homestead are already mirroring other successful programs. But something is clearly missing outside of smaller teams they play in the regular season. I won't go as far as to say that they are "throw away" games other than South Side. Concordia, Wayne, North Side, and Northrop all have their moments. 

Concordia has two victories over Carroll and three games against Homestead that were decided by less than a touchdown. 

Northrop has beaten both Carroll and Homestead (once each).

North Side beat Carroll in 2015. But to be fair to your comment, they haven't even ben been remotely close against either program ever since. 

Wayne has a victory over Carroll to their credit. 

After further review, you could probably regard Northrop, North Side, and Wayne as throw away games. But not Concordia. We'll see if Concordia can continue to produce with the new coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Everyone was hoping the Duneland would come through last night. They didn't, and it wasn't even close. So how good is the Duneland? Crown Point was the only team to come within 27 of the Pirates. That was a 14 point defeat after losing by 37 on their first go around with them. After last nights result, the Duneland appears to have a lot of work to do. I say that respectfully as I've always had respect for that region of the state. 

Elaborate on Elkhart as the "most likely to break through." A school of 3000 shouldn't be as awful as they were this year. Maybe I'm missing something. 

This may be a homer statement, those outside of Fort Wayne can decide. But I think the hope lies with Homestead and Carroll. Both schools are trending toward 3000 enrollments. They both have good coaching (not great, but good). They 5Aboth have the facilities and the socioeconomics. The big piece of the puzzle that's missing is the ability to add an MIC and HCC team to their annual schedule.

Good for Merrillville to be bumping down to the class that they rightfully belong. The north will be exciting with them added to the 5A mix with Snider, Dwenger, and Valpo. 

 

Dwenger will probably dropping down to 4A the next adjustment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Now we are getting somewhere.  Dwenger/Snider picking up Carroll/Homestead on their "open dates" FILLS their 9 game schedule; Problem Solved!  See how easy that is?

I agree with your post other than this part. Under this scenario, Snider is back to square one. This doesn't do Snider much good for when they get back into 6a. They need the outside competition just as much as Carroll and Homestead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Dwenger will probably dropping down to 4A the next adjustment. 

And two years later, they'll be back in 5A. Outside competition will do them some good as well. My biggest concern at this point is the 6A programs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...