Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis @ Center Grove, Semi-State in 6A

47 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

That young man is one incredible athlete......

Did you see the Twitter feed of last weeks game of Curry from the DL running down a receiver when LN executed a successful hook and ladder??  You can see from the video that Curry while still in the LOS area recognizes what is going on before the lateral and takes off like a shot out of a cannon, to run the play down from behind.  The young man has incredible speed to go with his football smarts.....pure hustle play.....

Curry needs to be Mr. Football. Nobody is as dominant and as talented. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

That young man is one incredible athlete......

Did you see the Twitter feed of last weeks game of Curry from the DL running down a receiver when LN executed a successful hook and ladder??  You can see from the video that Curry while still in the LOS area recognizes what is going on before the lateral and takes off like a shot out of a cannon, to run the play down from behind.  The young man has incredible speed to go with his football smarts.....pure hustle play.....

Here it is….

• Like 2

I'll take the other side here and like my chances of being proven correct as there are countless examples in every sport that bear this out.

Last week's "wake up call" against LN will be fuel and allow CG to focus more upon the Giants this week and they will break open a close game early in the second half...just like last year.

13 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

I would not call it a awful call there was a lot of contact before the interception was made. 

CGBDCall.gif.b6a1a44f05a93353e87b54b11b8101d0.gif

The defensive player has as much right to the ball as the offensive player in that situation. Can we see the video rather than a still shot?

39 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

The defensive player has as much right to the ball as the offensive player in that situation. Can we see the video rather than a still shot?

I did not say that it was a correct call or not, I am not a Referee and never could even imagine doing that job.  I really did not want to start a debate about one call. I guest I just don't like the term awful used towards officials making split second judgment calls. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slobberknocker said:

I did not say that it was a correct call or not, I am not a Referee and never could even imagine doing that job.  I really did not want to start a debate about one call. I guest I just don't like the term awful used towards officials making split second judgment calls. 

True. Especially since it was a judgement call. I'll rephrase it to a "very questionable call." I just remember watching the game Week 4 & that stood out to me. 

But back to tomorrow night's game, I wonder if Wheat will be healthy enough to be his usual explosive self. That kid has turned into an absolute dude throughout the season. 

17 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

True. Especially since it was a judgement call. I'll rephrase it to a "very questionable call." I just remember watching the game Week 4 & that stood out to me. 

But back to tomorrow night's game, I wonder if Wheat will be healthy enough to be his usual explosive self. That kid has turned into an absolute dude throughout the season. 

Yes Wheat is the biggest question that I have. Mid season I had a debate at who would be a bigger lost QB1 or Wheat. Still undecided

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

A defender having a right to the ball and making contact with the receiver while the ball is in the air are 2 very different things......

I agree with Slobber....can't verify the call was the best one or not, but to call this an awful call based on the photo doesn't seem accurate either

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

A defender having a right to the ball and making contact with the receiver while the ball is in the air are 2 very different things......

I agree with Slobber....can't verify the call was the best one or not, but to call this an awful call based on the photo doesn't seem accurate either

A still photo provides little useful information, and is potentially misleading. Contact, standing alone, is nothing.

20 minutes ago, Bobref said:

A still photo provides little useful information, and is potentially misleading. Contact, standing alone, is nothing.

Where were you Bob back in my playing days in the secondary?  I used to argue, quite unsuccessfully, the exact same thing with the ball in the air headed toward the receiver with my hands all over him.....😆

37 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Where were you Bob back in my playing days in the secondary?  I used to argue, quite unsuccessfully, the exact same thing with the ball in the air headed toward the receiver with my hands all over him.....😆

Unless the defender’s contact fits into one of these six categories, it’s no foul.

1. Arm Bar: An arm across the body restricting the opponent from moving where he wants to go. An arm across the body is not enough - there must be a restriction of movement.
2. Hold / Grab & Restrict: Grasping an opponent, often the arm, restricting him from being able to reach a pass or raising the arm to catch a pass.
3. Not playing the ball: Player not making a bona fide effort to reach the pass (usually not looking back for the ball) and contacts the opponent restricting him from moving where he wants to go or knocking him off his path to the ball.
4. Playing through the back: Contacting an opponent through the back, restricting his ability to touch the pass, even if making an effort to touch the pass.
5. Hook and twist: Hooking the arm around the waist or shoulders, AND twisting the opponent, restricting him from his effort to touch the pass. An arm around the body is not enough - there must be a twist or turn.
6. Cutoff: A player cannot position himself to restrict or prevent an opponent from moving toward a pass, even if looking back for the ball.

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Unless the defender’s contact fits into one of these six categories, it’s no foul.

1. Arm Bar: An arm across the body restricting the opponent from moving where he wants to go. An arm across the body is not enough - there must be a restriction of movement.
2. Hold / Grab & Restrict: Grasping an opponent, often the arm, restricting him from being able to reach a pass or raising the arm to catch a pass.
3. Not playing the ball: Player not making a bona fide effort to reach the pass (usually not looking back for the ball) and contacts the opponent restricting him from moving where he wants to go or knocking him off his path to the ball.
4. Playing through the back: Contacting an opponent through the back, restricting his ability to touch the pass, even if making an effort to touch the pass.
5. Hook and twist: Hooking the arm around the waist or shoulders, AND twisting the opponent, restricting him from his effort to touch the pass. An arm around the body is not enough - there must be a twist or turn.
6. Cutoff: A player cannot position himself to restrict or prevent an opponent from moving toward a pass, even if looking back for the ball.

Bob...I was funnin' and I actually know most of these....I would have never broken one of criteria in the 6 categories you included back in my day....😜

Its my opinion (and that's worth nothing) is that the photo illustrates contact...while it may not be PI as you define above, I am not sure that IF the call was missed, that I would place it in the AWFUL category.  There is contact, the ball is coming down toward the receiver.  I can easily see how an official would see #2....and as you state we don't see the continuation of the play to determine the extent of #2 or if any other of the categories you mention vere violated.

I just struggle placing the PI call based on what I see as AWFUL.  Missed?  Perhaps.  But if it were missed, I could understand why.  

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Bob...I was funnin' and I actually know most of these....I would have never broken one of criteria in the 6 categories you included back in my day....😜

Its my opinion (and that's worth nothing) is that the photo illustrates contact...while it may not be PI as you define above, I am not sure that IF the call was missed, that I would place it in the AWFUL category.  There is contact, the ball is coming down toward the receiver.  I can easily see how an official would see #2....and as you state we don't see the continuation of the play to determine the extent of #2 or if any other of the categories you mention vere violated.

I just struggle placing the PI call based on what I see as AWFUL.  Missed?  Perhaps.  But if it were missed, I could understand why.  

I really did not want this to be a PI debate. It was the use of term awful that bothered me. I totally agree that nothing can be judged by one picture because I could have just shone the interception frame and from that frame it look like a terrible call. So since this has become a debate I will express my opinion that the official probably used #6 to make his decision. The pass was a couple of feet offline and the receiver tried to adjust and that is when contact was made causing the receiver from being able to move toward the pass. So by the time the ball came down the defender was in position to make the interception.

7 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

It stood out to me as well. When I saw the call over the video feed, I thought it was a tough call against the defender, but I'd like to see the video again.

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

From Game 1:

BD: 52 passing Attempts,  10 rushing carriers 

CG: 16 passing Attempts,  48 rushing carriers 

Semi-State Game?

Will BD come close to 52 passing attempts?

Will CG have more than 16 passing Attempts?

BD can run more now. They were just a game or so from losing their starting TB. Since then, they have developed a couple of guys who can run it. They also have been able to get both QBs more confident at using their legs. They're still a passing heavy team though...no question.

Edited by BDGiant93

56 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

It stood out to me as well. When I saw the call over the video feed, I thought it was a tough call against the defender, but I'd like to see the video again.

BD can run more now. They were just a game or so from losing their starting TB. Since then, they have developed a couple of guys who can run it. They also have been able to get both QBs more confident at using their legs. They're still a passing heavy team though...no question.

Better hope this wind tunnel that has engulfed the Midwest makes its way out before kickoff.

6 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

I really did not want this to be a PI debate. It was the use of term awful that bothered me. I totally agree that nothing can be judged by one picture because I could have just shone the interception frame and from that frame it look like a terrible call. So since this has become a debate I will express my opinion that the official probably used #6 to make his decision. The pass was a couple of feet offline and the receiver tried to adjust and that is when contact was made causing the receiver from being able to move toward the pass. So by the time the ball came down the defender was in position to make the interception.

And I apologize for turning it into one. It was just a crucial call as BD was up 14-10 during that specific possession. 

I think the Giants pull off a shocker tomorrow. I have no dog in the fight but BD dominating Bburg and CG struggling with LN last week may be an indicator of tomorrow nights result. 

Edited by MICFan34

17 hours ago, temptation said:

Better hope this wind tunnel that has engulfed the Midwest makes its way out before kickoff.

The Giants threw for over 300 yards last week vs. Brownsburg and put the ball up two weeks before vs. Southport in the wind. Swanson throws a good ball, but you're right. It would be nice if the wind is calm.

Edited by BDGiant93

On 11/17/2021 at 3:13 PM, temptation said:

I'll take the other side here and like my chances of being proven correct as there are countless examples in every sport that bear this out.

Last week's "wake up call" against LN will be fuel and allow CG to focus more upon the Giants this week and they will break open a close game early in the second half...just like last year.

Bump.

3 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Whelp. That did not go well. Total buzzsaw in the second half. Congratulations to the Trojans. Clearly a cut above everybody else in 6A. Y'all were right and I was wrong. Not the first time in my life.

We were betting with our heads…you were using your heart.