Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A South SS- Mount Vernon at Memorial

8 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I remember Chatard’s bus pulling up to Enlow about 45 minutes (or less?) before kickoff in 2018.  I thought that wasn’t very well thought out.

I believe they showed up around an hour before game time, but couldn't use the locker rooms until 30 minutes before the game, since Bosse was finishing up a basketball game. 

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

I believe they showed up around an hour before game time, but couldn't use the locker rooms until 30 minutes before the game, since Bosse was finishing up a basketball game. 

I do think it was about 45 mins before game time when they pulled up, not sure if there was additional delays with the locker room or not.  I only say that because I vividly remember walking into the stadium from our tailgate, seeing Memorial's team already on the field warming up, and looking back to see Chatard's whole team running out of the bus not dressed yet.  According to players I talked to after the game, they were in standstill traffic for and hour and a half from an accident on their way to a church that was a little out of the way from Evansville.  

I knew it was going to be a bad night for the Trojans right then, and that was before I saw how talented that Memorial team was in person.  That was unfortunately the only time I've been to Enlow. Such a cool venue and gameday atmosphere, despite the outcome for us.

Good luck to the Tigers tomorrow! One of my favorite teams to follow not named Chatard!

7 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

I do think it was about 45 mins before game time when they pulled up, not sure if there was additional delays with the locker room or not.  I only say that because I vividly remember walking into the stadium from our tailgate, seeing Memorial's team already on the field warming up, and looking back to see Chatard's whole team running out of the bus not dressed yet.  According to players I talked to after the game, they were in standstill traffic for and hour and a half from an accident on their way to a church that was a little out of the way from Evansville.  

I knew it was going to be a bad night for the Trojans right then, and that was before I saw how talented that Memorial team was in person.  That was unfortunately the only time I've been to Enlow. Such a cool venue and gameday atmosphere, despite the outcome for us.

Good luck to the Tigers tomorrow! One of my favorite teams to follow not named Chatard!

Sounds about right, I just vividly remember going to the gate around 40 minutes left until the game and only seeing Memorial warming up. And also seeing Bosse fans going into their gym and hearing one of the teams were still using one of the locker rooms. Thank you, hope my Tigers come out strong tomorrow in front of a packed crowd! 

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I remember Chatard’s bus pulling up to Enlow about 45 minutes (or less?) before kickoff in 2018.  I thought that wasn’t very well thought out.

They were definitely late. I remember watching them run from the busses to the locker room to get suited up. I believe they stopped at St. Meinrad for mass, which may have slowed them up too. Those monks can get long-winded.

1 hour ago, TheDoctor22 said:

According to players I talked to after the game, they were in standstill traffic for and hour and a half from an accident on their way to a church that was a little out of the way from Evansville.  

Oh gosh, I've never heard that part of the story.  This exact thing happened to us in the Sectional finals this year at Northview.  NV was gracious enough to delay the kickoff by 15 minutes.

Thanks!  Lot of admirers of Chatard down this way, too.  In that whole 3 year stretch, most of our fans consider that game the best win.  Anytime you beat a Chatard team, you know you've accomplished something special.  It's about like Duke in college basketball.

Glad we didn't have to play the Trojans again in 2019.  😳

47 minutes ago, tango said:

They were definitely late. I remember watching them run from the busses to the locker room to get suited up. I believe they stopped at St. Meinrad for mass, which may have slowed them up too. Those monks can get long-winded.

I knew they had stopped for Mass.  I didn't know that it was at St. Meinrad, though.  That was a really cool idea.  It's a place that is worth visiting for Catholics...but it's also so out of the way that you pretty much have to be going there.

I'm guessing they didn't get a chance to visit the monks' brewpub at the Abbey.

Great article. To a certain extent, I think our local media has gotten spoiled with 3 teams advancing to Semi-State in football.  Its nice to see coverage recognizing the achievement of winning 4 games in the post season as the Greenfield media has done.

Enlow will be ready and rocking come game time. It is arguable, but I would rate our 2021 D as slightly better than 2019. Hopefully we can spring Brody and Tyler free on some runs and get them into space where they are dangerous. In 2019 it was 6-3 at the half, but Memorial took advantage of a few miscues and mental mistakes (including a MV player being ejected for punches) to extend the lead and close it out 28-3. Ironically, Memorial had defeated Mooresville the previous week by the same 17-14 score in the Regional as last week against East Central, so hopefully that brings some good karma, but I suspect this one will be a lot closer than 28-3. Safe travels to the Mt. Vernon team and their fans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tango said:

Great article. To a certain extent, I think our local media has gotten spoiled with 3 teams advancing to Semi-State in football.  Its nice to see coverage recognizing the achievement of winning 4 games in the post season as the Greenfield media has done.

Enlow will be ready and rocking come game time. It is arguable, but I would rate our 2021 D as slightly better than 2019. Hopefully we can spring Brody and Tyler free on some runs and get them into space where they are dangerous. In 2019 it was 6-3 at the half, but Memorial took advantage of a few miscues and mental mistakes (including a MV player being ejected for punches) to extend the lead and close it out 28-3. Ironically, Memorial had defeated Mooresville the previous week by the same 17-14 score in the Regional as last week against East Central, so hopefully that brings some good karma, but I suspect this one will be a lot closer than 28-3. Safe travels to the Mt. Vernon team and their fans. 

To be totally honest The Reporter is in Greenfield (where Greenfield-Central High School is located). They are currently covering Mt. Vernon (Because GCHS is not playing in the tournament) they also covered New Palestine during their Tournament runs (because GCHS was out of the tournament). They are all in the same conference the HHC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

To be totally honest The Reporter is in Greenfield (where Greenfield-Central High School is located). They are currently covering Mt. Vernon (Because GCHS is not playing in the tournament) they also covered New Palestine during their Tournament runs (because GCHS was out of the tournament). They are all in the same conference the HHC.

As the former sports editor of the Daily Reporter, I do need to clarify ... the office is in Greenfield but it is a *county* paper. We strove (and the current editors do the same) to provide equitable coverage to all four of the county schools. At least for the last 25 years, priority coverage has gone to the best teams, not necessarily to the county-seat school. Mt. Vernon, New Palestine and Eastern Hancock get the same level of coverage as Greenfield-Central (which, at least in my time there, did upset a small handful of people in that community who expected us to be homers for their school, but was appreciated by most in the community, given the majority of the newspaper's subscriber base lives in the NP & MV school districts). 

They cover the majority of varsity football games from each school and their sports editor has been on hand for nearly every MV game this season (and was on site for nearly every one of NP's games during our state title runs). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

As the former sports editor of the Daily Reporter, I do need to clarify ... the office is in Greenfield but it is a *county* paper. We strove (and the current editors do the same) to provide equitable coverage to all four of the county schools. At least for the last 25 years, priority coverage has gone to the best teams, not necessarily to the county-seat school. Mt. Vernon, New Palestine and Eastern Hancock get the same level of coverage as Greenfield-Central (which, at least in my time there, did upset a small handful of people in that community who expected us to be homers for their school, but was appreciated by most in the community, given the majority of the newspaper's subscriber base lives in the NP & MV school districts). 

They cover the majority of varsity football games from each school and their sports editor has been on hand for nearly every MV game this season (and was on site for nearly every one of NP's games during our state title runs). 

Just a curious question why the website greenfieldreporter and not "daily reporter" or "Hancock Reporter"?