Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A South SS- Mount Vernon at Memorial

2 hours ago, southend said:

Again, this team just came out of the dark and into the state championship, kickin but and taking names. Great job. 

Not really out of the dark, just unnoticed by some not near the Indy area. 11-3 and lost in Semi-State to Memorial in 2019 (several key players this year were starting as Soph's in 2019). In 2020 finally knocked of New Pal, but ended up losing to eventual State Champion Roncalli in Regionals. I was leary when they started the season 0-1 to Noblesville (although Noblesville runs an odd offense teams don't see much former Laporte HC). It was hard to gage in their conference, but when they beat New Pal as sound as they did I felt they were finding their identity.

When they beat Roncalli last week, I really knew they were ready to take the next step. I had not watched much of Memorial at all so I wasn't sure what to expect. I did know the Tigers would have their handsfull as Roncalli looked menacing in 4A. Haven't watched much of Northridge, but they will have their handsfull with Mt. Vernon for sure.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, MHSTigerFan said:

I remember Chatard’s bus pulling up to Enlow about 45 minutes (or less?) before kickoff in 2018.  I thought that wasn’t very well thought out.

Cathedral did likewise in 2009.  The Irish got their behinds handed to them 31-10.  Never show up at the last minute expecting to win.

13 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Not really out of the dark, just unnoticed by some not near the Indy area. 11-3 and lost in Semi-State to Memorial in 2019 (several key players this year were starting as Soph's in 2019). In 2020 finally knocked of New Pal, but ended up losing to eventual State Champion Roncalli in Regionals. I was leary when they started the season 0-1 to Noblesville (although Noblesville runs an odd offense teams don't see much former Laporte HC). It was hard to gage in their conference, but when they beat New Pal as sound as they did I felt they were finding their identity.

When they beat Roncalli last week, I really knew they were ready to take the next step. I had not watched much of Memorial at all so I wasn't sure what to expect. I did know the Tigers would have their handsfull as Roncalli looked menacing in 4A. Haven't watched much of Northridge, but they will have their handsfull with Mt. Vernon for sure.

To be honest, nobody outside of Fortville gave the Marauders a chance against Roncalli. That’s why you weren’t hearing anything. 

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

To be honest, nobody outside of Fortville gave the Marauders a chance against Roncalli. That’s why you weren’t hearing anything. 

Agreed.   I sure didn't.  Nothing against MV, I just thought Roncalli outclassed everyone by some distance in 4A.

11 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Exactly.  Out of the dark or out of nowhere. I would even say most of the , not so close to the team fans, of Mt. Vernon thought it was going to be a loss. 

11 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I will agree with that statement that most didn't think they had a chance against Roncalli (including myself). The Marauders haven't really been in the dark the last 3 years though. They beat Roncalli in 2019 (Although the Rebels/Royals weren't as good in 2019 as 2021) losing to Ev. Memorial. Last year they lost to Roncalli. I think they have a very good shot this year at winning the 4A State Title. Obviously Northridge is there for a reason. Both teams seem to be on a mission, should make for a fun State Championship game.

• Like 2