Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A SS South Gibson Southern vs Tri-West

The Titans were challenged by L'Burg but found their rhythm late to pull out the victory.  Evv C&P reported this was the first time GS did not have a running clock in victory this year.  Impressive, but could that prove to be the Achilles heal for Titans?   Hopefully this was just a friendly wake up call and they can keep firing on all cylinders for 4 straight qtrs. going forward.  Good luck Titans!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

The Titans were challenged by L'Burg but found their rhythm late to pull out the victory.  Evv C&P reported this was the first time GS did not have a running clock in victory this year.  Impressive, but could that prove to be the Achilles heal for Titans?   Hopefully this was just a friendly wake up call and they can keep firing on all cylinders for 4 straight qtrs. going forward.  Good luck Titans!

Count on it.

My best friend/future best man is a grad from Tri West and this is going to be a fun week of poking fun.  

lizton is very small and if I remember correctly it’s like Ft branch where it’s just 1 small town of 3/4 that makes up the school.  Not too far from Brownsburg so I’m sure many of the GS community are already familiar with the travel route since the team goes to Brownsburgs camp every summer 

19 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

My best friend/future best man is a grad from Tri West and this is going to be a fun week of poking fun.  

lizton is very small and if I remember correctly it’s like Ft branch where it’s just 1 small town of 3/4 that makes up the school.  Not too far from Brownsburg so I’m sure many of the GS community are already familiar with the travel route since the team goes to Brownsburgs camp every summer 

Some alumni of note from Tri-West:  racer Jeff Gordon (4 time NASCAR champ and cross-country runner at Tri-West); gymnast Bridget Sloan (Olympic medalist and World Champion) and writer (and Wabash grad) Dan Simmons (one of the most renown writers in the country…if you saw the miniseries “The Terror”, you’ve seen a bit of his work).

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Some alumni of note from Tri-West:  racer Jeff Gordon (4 time NASCAR champ and cross-country runner at Tri-West); gymnast Bridget Sloan (Olympic medalist and World Champion) and writer (and Wabash grad) Dan Simmons (one of the most renown writers in the country…if you saw the miniseries “The Terror”, you’ve seen a bit of his work).

I’m a Wabash guy and I didn’t even know about him.  Thanks for sharing! 

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

Jeff Gordon used to race in the South Gibson area at TriState Speedway in Haubstadt weekly starting when he was a 14yr old.

• Like 2

I watched Plainfield play Tri-West this year in-person. A few costly turnovers at the start of the game proved to be fatal the Quakers chances of victory; the Bruins capitalized off of all those turnovers and jumped to a 19-0 lead at the end of the 1st. Slowly but surely, however, the Quakers inched back into the game and even took a 20-19 lead. However, TW scored on their final drive and won 25-20.

I think that turnovers are the key difference maker in this game. Once Plainfield got going, the Bruins had trouble stopping them, and GS definitely has a better offense than Plainfield. GS has also been great at not causing turnovers. As a result, I like your chances, GS posters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Once a Titan said:

So i have been trying to watch highlights of Tri-West on MaxPreps. It will say 16 yard pass play and it will show a kick off. Then it will say 61 yard TD run and show a sack. Am i missing something here????

I think their highlights just show the best plays

1 hour ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

I watched Plainfield play Tri-West this year in-person. A few costly turnovers at the start of the game proved to be fatal the Quakers chances of victory; the Bruins capitalized off of all those turnovers and jumped to a 19-0 lead at the end of the 1st. Slowly but surely, however, the Quakers inched back into the game and even took a 20-19 lead. However, TW scored on their final drive and won 25-20.

I think that turnovers are the key difference maker in this game. Once Plainfield got going, the Bruins had trouble stopping them, and GS definitely has a better offense than Plainfield. GS has also been great at not causing turnovers. As a result, I like your chances, GS posters.

Not so sure GS definitely has a better offense than Plainfield, at least when Plainfield was healthy. Probably a blasphemous statement to GS posters, but the Quakers were a pretty potent team with probably the biggest O-line they faced all year until the QB was injured. 

1 hour ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Tri-West is a totally different team from that game. I think it was either their 1st or 2nd game 

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Not so sure GS definitely has a better offense than Plainfield, at least when Plainfield was healthy. Probably a blasphemous statement to GS posters, but the Quakers were a pretty potent team with probably the biggest O-line they faced all year until the QB was injured. 

The future on the offense is bright, even with our star wideout leaving. The QB is a freshman and has a massive ceiling. However, I wouldn’t consider us “potent” just yet. Our young guys need time to develop.

Edited by roaringthunderdlr

10 hours ago, Once a Titan said:

So i have been trying to watch highlights of Tri-West on MaxPreps. It will say 16 yard pass play and it will show a kick off. Then it will say 61 yard TD run and show a sack. Am i missing something here????

Max preps highlights are joke most of the time...they will say your team highlight...and just show the other teams highlights from the game...lol

9 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Is that the track on the west side of 41?

it's a fun place to watch a race...love the dirt track.  Swear to God...lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jets said:

Know absolutely NOTHING about Tri-West, other than they took out Danville in Sectionals. What are the Titans getting themselves into? What kind of offensive set does Tri run? 

Tri-West / Danville is a big rivalry game the 2 schools are about 13 minutes from each other (about 9-10 miles separates them). They are very familiar with each other. Tri-West use to run a spread/run and shoot style offense and a 3-4 defense. I am not sure if they still run the same. I think at this point you have to assume all teams left are solid. I have not watched much of Tri-West this year, From what I have heard about the Titans Offense the Bruins will have their hands full.

On a positive note for Titans fans GS Head Coach Nick Hart I am sure will have his father John in attendance as Brownsburg is just a short trip out I-74 from Lizton Indiana.

5 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

On a positive note for Titans fans GS Head Coach Nick Hart I am sure will have his father John in attendance as Brownsburg is just a short trip out I-74 from Lizton Indiana.

Maybe haha.  The other Hart son/brother Derek Hart has Kankakee 13-0 and ranked #2 in Illinois 5A.  

Coach Hart on Twitter joked about messing up their mothers thanksgiving plans if they keep winning 

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe haha.  The other Hart son/brother Derek Hart has Kankakee 13-0 and ranked #2 in Illinois 5A.  

Coach Hart on Twitter joked about messing up their mothers thanksgiving plans if they keep winning 

True, just saw that Kankakee plays Morton at 3:00pm on Saturday while Gibson Southern will be playing at Tri-West at 4:00pm Saturday. Tough call for John, but he might elect to make the short 20 min drive to Lizton  rather than 2 1/2 hour drive to Kankakee. 😄

11 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Plainfield has a WR going to Iowa and another WR who is pretty dang good. They had probably the best WR duo in all of 5A this year.