Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A SS South Gibson Southern vs Tri-West

2 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Stop making sense. ***

*** But hey, first thing first... get a W and THEN we can complain about LOS scheduling.  Nothing is guaranteed for any team making that trip as anything more than a fan until everyone TCOB this Friday/Saturday. 

My sincerest apologies to the football gods if I've offended them by appearing to presume there IS a next week.  If anyone needs me, I'll be self-flagellating with maroon and gold pom-poms barefoot down Coal Mine Road until game day... shaaame... shaaaaame... shaaaaaaaaameeee...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

So how big is tri west in the trenches. Lburg had size to match at the very least and that gave GS a little more work to deal with than they have seen most of the year. 

max preps depth chart doesn’t help much when you have no idea who the starters actually are…and that’s if the info listed is accurate 

LT #56

LG #55

C #53

RG #51

RT#79

DE #99

DT #41

DT #39

DE #35 

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

LT #56

LG #55

C #53

RG #51

RT#79

DE #99

DT #41

DT #39

DE #35 

everything is right except center, he may be wearing the other kids number.  Tri-west is a very physical team, their defense is top notch and all over the field.  Gibson Southern has a dangerous offense, and plenty of weapons, This is basically a coin toss pick, both teams pull starters out after half's of most games. Tri-West Defense has close to 20 interceptions this year with players coming out after half time, this should be a great game to watch!

3 minutes ago, cattledog36 said:

everything is right except center, he may be wearing the other kids number.  Tri-west is a very physical team, their defense is top notch and all over the field.  Gibson Southern has a dangerous offense, and plenty of weapons, This is basically a coin toss pick, both teams pull starters out after half's of most games. Tri-West Defense has close to 20 interceptions this year with players coming out after half time, this should be a great game to watch!

I have Catt (a junior at Center)...could be wrong.  Max Preps shows #15.

Edited by Titan32

8 hours ago, cattledog36 said:

I have no skin in this fight. I hope it’s a great game. But saying both teams pull starters out after half’s of most games is absolutely false. Just comparing scores tells me that can’t be true. GS yes, most were blowout wins and common sense says perhaps 3 of their 13 games required 4 quarters from the starters. Tri-West on the other hand had 4 close games and 2 losses which meant their starters absolutely played 4 quarters. And the regional against Owen Valley was decisive at 28-7, but I suspect starters played well into the 4th quarter in that one. That’s 7 out of 13 games. 

With no common opponents there is no way to say if that is an advantage or disadvantage to either team. But spinning it as a toss up with misleading information is perhaps disingenuous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I have no skin in this fight. I hope it’s a great game. But saying both teams pull starters out after half’s of most games is absolutely false. Just comparing scores tells me that can’t be true. GS yes, most were blowout wins and common sense says perhaps 3 of their 13 games required 4 quarters from the starters. Tri-West on the other hand had 4 close games and 2 losses which meant their starters absolutely played 4 quarters. And the regional against Owen Valley was decisive at 28-7, but I suspect starters played well into the 4th quarter in that one. That’s 7 out of 13 games. 

With no common opponents there is no way to say if that is an advantage or disadvantage to either team. But spinning it as a toss up with misleading information is perhaps disingenuous.

I'm just going by what I was told and heard.  I guess I shouldn't have said most, I should have said a little less than half the games.  I really didn't dig into the schedule like you.  I'm a B-Burg guy, the point I was making is that if their defense shows up in full force it is going to be a tough game. 

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I think youre mostly right here.  Of the 12 GS wins, I think they played the starters into the 4th three times, four times in total

Columbus North was an 8 point game in the 3rd Qtr before blowing it open

The South Warren loss obviously 

I believe the Mt Vernon game in round 1 

and then finally the Lburg game.  

every game but Lburg this last week and the South Warren loss were running clocks 

16 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Just so we’re clear… Brebeuf beat Chatard this year.  So I’m not sure how it’s a blessing.  Brebeuf is still looming on the other side. 

Indeed, but this year Chatard is having an "off" year for Chatard.  They are experiencing in 4A what Southridge did in 3A...a down year after success.  I'd like Chatard to stay in 4A, but looks like they will be back to be a thorn in the side.  That 2019 Chatard team was off the charts.  I would have much rather had this years Chatard than the 2019 Chatard....at least we could have been competitive.  

With that said, if they were in 3A this year, it wouldn't be shocking if they were still playing, even when "down" they are a factor in the postseason.

I'll say it again--BEAT TRI WEST!

Give me the Titans in this one by 3+ scores. I think the Titan's learned their lesson in last week's nail-bitter that they can't let their foot off the gas in the tournament, not even being up 28-7 in the 3rd. 

The Titans survived their wake-up call , the train keeps rolling all the way to Lukas Oil. 

I don't think this is a blow out or a 3+ score win for either team.  I'll take TW at home 38-35.  It's a homer Sagamore pick... Let's remember how all of the Southern Indiana Teams that have played Sagamore Schools in semi-states the last few years have faired... Webo drilled Southridge in 2018, Webo Drilled Triton Central (who beat Mater Dei) in 2019, Webo drilled Mater Dei in 2020, Danville Drilled Southridge in 2020.  Heritage Hills did get Danville in 2019 however... 

Edited by 1st_and_10
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I don't think this is a blow out or a 3+ score win for either team.  I'll take TW at home 38-35.  It's a homer Sagamore pick... Let's remember how all of the Southern Indiana Teams that have played Sagamore Schools in semi-states the last few years have faired... Webo drilled Southridge in 2018, Webo Drilled Triton Central (who beat Mater Dei) in 2019, Webo drilled Mater Dei in 2020, Danville Drilled Southridge in 2020.  Heritage Hills did get Danville in 2019 however... 

Granted - we (SR) have not put our best foot forward in those contest. I could provide a myriad of reasons, but doesn't change the fact that we just got it handed to us. 

That said - I still don't think TW has any idea what it is up against. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

DO NOT USE THIS LINK THEY JUST REFUNDED ME MY MONEY.  SORRY FOR THE WRONG INFORMATION.  

gofan.co is the correct link.  $11.50 per ticket.  

Was looking for something on the IHSAA website and happened to review the most recent meeting minutes.  Apparently the IHSAA is trying to figure out the online ticket fees for the football finals. As it stands, the fees to purchase a $15 ticket will be over $10 per ticket.  That might really hurt the gate for casual fans.

1 minute ago, tango said:

Was looking for something on the IHSAA website and happened to review the most recent meeting minutes.  Apparently the IHSAA is trying to figure out the online ticket fees for the football finals. As it stands, the fees to purchase a $15 ticket will be over $10 per ticket.  That might really hurt the gate for casual fans.

WOW!...high schools throughout the state seem to like eventlink or gofan, are they not scaleable enough for the IHSAA?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Sweet is this like a Kevin Bacon thing?  I’ll play! So in 3A…2017 Memorial drills Danville (I was at that game).  2018 Memorial drills Chatard who drilled Tri-West the week before.  2019 Heritage Hills drills Danville.  2020 Danville beats SR. So by my math that’s 3-1 in the last four years for southern Indiana.  And I have yet to see what that has to do with 2021 GS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Sweet is this like a Kevin Bacon thing?  I’ll play! So in 3A…2017 Memorial drills Danville (I was at that game).  2018 Memorial drills Chatard who drilled Tri-West the week before.  2019 Heritage Hills drills Danville.  2020 Danville beats SR. So by my math that’s 3-1 in the last four years for southern Indiana.  And I have yet to see what that has to do with 2021 GS.

LOL... Absolutely nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

What is a WEBO?

image.png.0e3106b94a6fc89a6f929638ca466599.png

• Haha 2