Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A SS South Gibson Southern vs Tri-West

2 hours ago, jets said:

That said - I still don't think TW has any idea what it is up against. 

Don't you think Tri-West likely has pretty much every game film on GS, just like GS likely has all of them from Tri-West? In this day and age when sharing film is just a click away, I bet every team pretty well knows what its up against. 

15 minutes ago, Titandad71 said:

all games to be streamed on IHSAAtv.org. 15.75 for all 12 games or 10.00 for a single. Just purchased access to all, Go Tigers, Wildcats, and Titans.

I figured everyone in the South Gibson School district would be in Lizton.  You must have been assigned to stay behind and hold it down!

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I figured everyone in the South Gibson School district would be in Lizton.  You must have been assigned to stay behind and hold it down!

We're leaving a strategically organized garrison armed with garden hoses and paintball guns (maroon and gold paint, of course) to shy away any would-be local rivalry hooligans and misfits while we're otherwise off en masse this weekend.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I recommend not getting anything at the Lizton Dairy Bar.  It's kind of gross.

IF you like BBQ, highly recommend Rusted Silo BBQ & Brew.  Really good food, just a really small establishment.  They also have a large variety of barley pops and carryout is available!

Home - Rusted Silo Southern BBQ & Brewhouse (rustedsilobrewhouse.com)

• Like 1

All 12 IHSAA semistate football games will stream exclusively on IHSAAtv.org.  These are pay-per-view presentations.  Purchase a single game for $10 or purchase an all-access pass allowing you to watch all 12 games for $15.  Individual games can be purchase by clicking on the game icon on the IHSAA.org website.  All-access passes can be purchased at this time via this direct link.  You will have to create an account if you haven't already: https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/purchase/accesspass/1729

7 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

IF you like BBQ, highly recommend Rusted Silo BBQ & Brew.  Really good food, just a really small establishment.  They also have a large variety of barley pops and carryout is available!

Home - Rusted Silo Southern BBQ & Brewhouse (rustedsilobrewhouse.com)

I'd like some of that nanner puddin .  that's what I'm talking about

27 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I realize that because WEBO has played and lost to Danville, Tri-West and Brebeuf.....Gibson Southern should probably just save the gas on a bus ride.  That said, any other thoughts on the outcome of this contest?

What!?!?  Everything I said has been firmly tongue in cheek.  I do think this is a close game.  I would like to see TW win because they are in our Conference.... Much like the HH & Southridge fans are rooting for GS.  

Take a deep breath.  There aren't many (if any) TW fans on this site... I am just driving conversation.  

Safe travels up north on Saturday.

Edited by 1st_and_10

Not big on predictions (for good reason) but I think GS got their “scare” against a tough-minded and talented Lawrenceburg squad.  

As an aside, as much as people in various corners of the state like to claim they’re “disrespected” NOBODY gets less respect than Southeast Indiana and, generally, when Lawrenceburg and East Central come boiling out of that corner of the state they don’t go down easy and if they do go down they generally leave a Helluva “mark”.  

Personally, I think Gibson Southern wins this Semi-State game going away.  I can’t see them looking past Tri-West at this point and I think they are simply supremely talented as a team.  I think that this game, from their perspective, is not so much a “survive and move on game” as it is a “statement game”. 

A lot of us who have watched  3A South the last decade understand that GS is a perennial contender but they are oft overlooked by the rest of the State when they only see Memorial or Heritage Hills coming out that part of the State in 3A.  It’s perhaps been too long coming but GS has something to prove and I think they aren’t going to miss this opportunity to prove it.

• Like 6