Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A SS South Gibson Southern vs Tri-West

12 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Hey genious...you show me where this senior class lost a game or for that matter had a close game with anyone in the state of Indiana since the 4th grade.  I can go by yearly results to discuss anytime you want.  We can talk about Storm the Castle, Titan Clash, and Knoxville championships.  Or beating North's 6th grade group as 5th graders....or the trip to play teams in St. Louis in 8th grade.  Check the records, but the seniors had running clocks against everyone in the PAC in the first half of each game in 7th and 8th grades.  This group has been waiting for their shot.  Then add in a very successful and talented Junior group and a few Sophomores and its a recipe for success.  

And this senior group beat the MD group going to state as 8th graders 20-0.  Then beat the Memorial team (that just lost in semistate) as freshmen 22-0 without Brady.  Just may want to do a little research before you come to your conclusions.

9 hours ago, jets said:

Exactly my point. What went from tight, nip/tuck competitive contest the past couple years absolutely exploded to non-competitive running clocks. Various factors contribute of course...losing 21 starters on our end was gonna be a challenge anyway- but roster additions certainly played a role as well I would think. Crucify me all you want- just pointing out the obvious. 

As far as the next decade...If you want to get into the demographics of increasing enrollment and the pipeline of Illinois talent GS seems to be attracting- it’s not exactly a comparable deck of cards. 

GS is building a Center Grove like dynasty down in SW Indiana- that much is clear. 

So nip and tuck games where a generational team for SR squeaked by typical GS team? The level of consistency in our program has been nothing short of amazing in the Hart era.  You can try and try to put some sort of asterisks next to this teams achievements, but guess what, that asterisks will only exist in your head next to your disdain for this program.  Your last dozen posts or so have been exclusively aimed at trying to get someone, anyone, to listen to your pathetic agenda, it really is just silly.   Like our D1 QB wasn't going to take a step forward his senior year like most kids do?

I have no idea where it comes from, perhaps the fact that you wanted desperately to continue to be able to say, that even though this program is 104-20 in the last 10 years including a 50-0 destruction of SR in 2015 or the 55-14 trashing in 2017 when SR won state, that we had never been to a state championship game? How is this year any different than those?  Perhaps it some sort of self protection mechanism where you have convinced yourself that somehow three move ins out of the 2,000 in the state of Indiana this year made this season any different than what we normally do to SR?  As a friend of mine always says, "same as it ever was".   I hope you chose to stay on our schedule and continue to receive your beatdowns, everyone needs goals and yours can continue to be, "beat the Titans".  This year the excuse was three move ins.  What will it be next year and the year after that and the year after that?  

This is the 20th anniversary of our youth league and it's fitting to achieve this milestone this year.  The only thing super about this team are the families, community and staff behind an amazing bunch of kids (including the move ins who are great people).

I won't apologize for our community being an attractive place to live.  Perhaps the unique distance from Evansville (not too close but not too far), small town living, many religious options, and quality employment opportunities make it more appealing than chicken processing plants.  15 or more of the first 25 kids to play in GS games this year have at least one parent that is a GS alumni and although I don't have averages for that type of statistics across that state, I'm guessing it would put us in the top 10 percent of 3A schools in terms of lineage.   Then again, who cares, all great people are welcome here and frankly I hope they keep coming because again, the only asterisk will exist in your head and our rent will continue to be enjoyable and free.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

So nip and tuck games where a generational team for SR squeaked by typical GS team? The level of consistency in our program has been nothing short of amazing in the Hart era.  You can try and try to put some sort of asterisks next to this teams achievements, but guess what, that asterisks will only exist in your head next to your disdain for this program.  Your last dozen posts or so have been exclusively aimed at trying to get someone, anyone, to listen to your pathetic agenda, it really is just silly.   Like our D1 QB wasn't going to take a step forward his senior year like most kids do?

I have no idea where it comes from, perhaps the fact that you wanted desperately to continue to be able to say, that even though this program is 104-20 in the last 10 years including a 50-0 destruction of SR in 2015 or the 55-14 trashing in 2017 when SR won state, that we had never been to a state championship game? How is this year any different than those?  Perhaps it some sort of self protection mechanism where you have convinced yourself that somehow three move ins out of the 2,000 in the state of Indiana this year made this season any different than what we normally do to SR?  As a friend of mine always says, "same as it ever was".   I hope you chose to stay on our schedule and continue to receive your beatdowns, everyone needs goals and yours can continue to be, "beat the Titans".  This year the excuse was three move ins.  What will it be next year and the year after that and the year after that?  

This is the 20th anniversary of our youth league and it's fitting to achieve this milestone this year.  The only thing super about this team are the families, community and staff behind an amazing bunch of kids (including the move ins who are great people).

I won't apologize for our community being an attractive place to live.  Perhaps the unique distance from Evansville (not too close but not too far), small town living, many religious options, and quality employment opportunities make it more appealing than chicken processing plants.  15 or more of the first 25 kids to play in GS games this year have at least one parent that is a GS alumni and although I don't have averages for that type of statistics across that state, I'm guessing it would put us in the top 10 percent of 3A schools in terms of lineage.   Then again, who cares, all great people are welcome here and frankly I hope they keep coming because again, the only asterisk will exist in your head and our rent will continue to be enjoyable and free.

Having just finished a movie podcast review that I have done for some 12 years - just finished episode 301 (a lame attempt to explain this LATE night post, btw).  My excuse for a 3:00 AM comment that I couldn't resist.  I'll try to keep it short.

Read ALL of the above.  There is always an "us" and "them" in life.   Unfortunately.

The days of "US" are behind you. 

Welcome to "THEM".

Be nice.  Be gracious (you didn't need that advice from me, btw).  Tell them to p!ss off in your own mind or...maybe even directly as needed.

BTW, stay "Them" as long as you can...but hold to the things that made you "Us" too. 

In that interim, go out and kick @ss. 

Best of all wishes for the Titans.

Don't apologize.  Just Win!

us/them

• Like 2

"GS is building a Center Grove like dynasty down in SW Indiana- that much is clear.

Ok. First of all- big congrats to the Titans, coaches, and their fans on reaching the big dance. (Is this really your all’s first trip). We in the PAC knew it was a long time coming. Enjoy the experience and I fully expect you all to win the blue ring."

- Boy, you surely don't take compliments very well. 

- I never once have came on here and trashed what GS has built and how good of a program they've become. You may take it that way - but I've said all year, once I saw the product on the field, that this GS team was a State Championship caliber team. I simply questioned if they would be in this spot if not for some pretty impactful ....well, you know. And they very well, and probably would, still be in the same spot. But I don't think that's an out-of-line question to ask? 

- I could have gone into the rumors of how certain acquisitions have been made- but I really don't/didn't want a back/forth with the Titan posters. That is obviously a no-win situation. You all are extremely passionate and proud, as you should be. I would say respectful, but you seem to take pleasure in trashing our program, that I would feel has been not to shabby itself. 

I think I'll sign off now and deactivate my account, as this has become too toxic of a place for me. 

Best of luck on Friday.

8 minutes ago, jets said:

"GS is building a Center Grove like dynasty down in SW Indiana- that much is clear.

Ok. First of all- big congrats to the Titans, coaches, and their fans on reaching the big dance. (Is this really your all’s first trip). We in the PAC knew it was a long time coming. Enjoy the experience and I fully expect you all to win the blue ring."

- I never once have came on here and trashed what GS has built and how good of a program they've become. You may take it that way - but I've said all year, once I saw the product on the field, that this GS team was a State Championship caliber team. I simply questioned if they would be in this spot if not for some pretty impactful ....well, you know. And they very well, and probably would, still be in the same spot. But I don't think that's an out-of-line question to ask? 

- I could have gone into the rumors of how certain acquisitions have been made- but I really don't/didn't want a back/forth with the Titan posters. That is obviously a no-win situation. You all are extremely passionate and proud, as you should be. I would say respectful, but you seem to take pleasure in trashing our program, that I would feel has been not to shabby itself. 

I think I'll sign off now and deactivate my account, as this has become too toxic of a place for me. 

Best of luck on Friday.

This will be my last comment as well as I have a busy week ahead:  Spare me the victim mentality.  Had you asked that question (which was answered) once, twice, or even three times this post might hold water.  Your agenda was crystal clear to everyone here if it was tied to a complement or not.

3 minutes ago, FB-South said:

Normally do?  Didn't they kick your A$$ twice last year????

No.

10-12-2012    Southridge    35 - 21    Gibson Southern    
10-18-2013    Southridge    21 - 31    Gibson Southern    
10-17-2014    Southridge    0 - 41    Gibson Southern    
10-16-2015    Southridge    0 - 50    Gibson Southern    
10-14-2016    Southridge    35 - 38    Gibson Southern    
10-13-2017    Southridge    14 - 55    Gibson Southern    
10-12-2018    Southridge    14 - 31    Gibson Southern    
10-18-2019    Southridge    21 - 22    Gibson Southern    
09-18-2020    Southridge    48 - 28    Gibson Southern    
10-30-2020    Southridge    30 - 27    Gibson Southern    
09-17-2021    Southridge    9 - 63    Gibson Southern    

5 minutes ago, FB-South said:

Uhhhhh..............☝️

By a field goal? I was at that game and if not for a bad holding call we win.  I noticed you have 5 posts and they are all related to GS.  Welcome to the board!

Edited by Titan32

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

By a field goal? I was at that game and if not for a bad holding call we win.  I noticed you have 5 posts and they are all related to GS.  Welcome to the board!

You can use whatever synonym you want....won, beat, conquered, kicked @ss, whatever.

And no, I have many more than 5 posts.  Was a member of this board back in the day when you had to refresh the screen to see replies before they were gone forever.  Just wasn't able to retrieve my account info so had to start over.  

Good luck on Saturday.

20 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If Muda was the coach, he would be the one to have a QB like Brady hand the ball off 40/50 times a game 😂

Yep.  See yesterday's Colt/Bills game for an impressive offensive performance played more like old school football. Just run the damn ball.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yep.  See yesterday's Colt/Bills game for an impressive offensive performance played more like old school football. Just run the damn ball.

Even I enjoy a run game like the Colts had yesterday...  Holy smokes!

40 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Pal, we will have to do this another time.  I do enjoy debating old school vs new school with you though.  But this isn’t the thread for it haha 

• Like 1

GS has nothing to apologize for. They've worked hard for a long time and earned their success. Go kick some @$$ and bring another football title back to southwest Indiana. As far as I'm concerned, its a pretty special club down here and GS belongs.  Enjoy the week. Nothing better than a practice on Thanksgiving. Make sure your kids are hydrating like never before. 

WIN IT!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tango said:

GS has nothing to apologize for. They've worked hard for a long time and earned their success. Go kick some @$$ and bring another football title back to southwest Indiana. As far as I'm concerned, its a pretty special club down here and GS belongs.  Enjoy the week. Nothing better than a practice on Thanksgiving. Make sure your kids are hydrating like never before. 

WIN IT!!

LOS is a special place, especially with a son playing.  I’ll never forget 2019 game day taking the elevator up to the second level in the dark where the filming takes place and only coaches are allowed.  Best of luck Titans!  Might as well bring it home!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jets said:

Best of luck on Friday.

One thing I feel fairly certain on is that if SR or HH would have done the same thing in their really good years, GS people would have been asking the same questions.  GS people should be defending their program.  People outside the program, in other conference schools, probably question it some.  Nothing illogical about that either. 

GS would have been very good regardless.  Would they have beaten Lawrenceburg without the extra additions? Probably not on that given night.  However, I think if that game is played 10 times, it wouldn't be that close again.  Gibson dodged a bullet against a good team.  No way Tri-West was going to play them that close.

Gibson is fun to watch play.  They play fast.  They win this week.  They are the best team.  And, I think after next year, they are probably looking at moving to 4A.   They will be good again next year.  Although not as good as this year, they will have a very good chance at winning the sectional and regional.  

16 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

One thing I feel fairly certain on is that if SR or HH would have done the same thing in their really good years, GS people would have been asking the same questions.  GS people should be defending their program.  People outside the program, in other conference schools, probably question it some.  Nothing illogical about that either. 

GS would have been very good regardless.  Would they have beaten Lawrenceburg without the extra additions? Probably not on that given night.  However, I think if that game is played 10 times, it wouldn't be that close again.  Gibson dodged a bullet against a good team.  No way Tri-West was going to play them that close.

Gibson is fun to watch play.  They play fast.  They win this week.  They are the best team.  And, I think after next year, they are probably looking at moving to 4A.   They will be good again next year.  Although not as good as this year, they will have a very good chance at winning the sectional and regional.  

4A is on the horizon based on enrollment.  Speculation is that it won’t matter performance wise what GS does, they will be moving up soon enough

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Can’t wait for our yearly sectional matchups, if they happen!

Well you need to talk to Hurley and tell him to hide the magic when the temperatures get to 50° and below lol 

if memorial makes it to 5A they are not coming back imo.  Outside of a few special teams in 5A every year, 5A is mostly at the same level as 4A 

36 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

4A is on the horizon based on enrollment.  Speculation is that it won’t matter performance wise what GS does, they will be moving up soon enough

Probably be a while yet....Yorktown is just over 800 students and GS is just over 700.  You would need over 100 more kids, which as fast as the community is growing, could happen pretty fast, but that would be quite a bit.

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Probably be a while yet....Yorktown is just over 800 students and GS is just over 700.  You would need over 100 more kids, which as fast as the community is growing, could happen pretty fast, but that would be quite a bit.

About 50 each enrollment period.