Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC vs HCC Semi-State

11 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I actually laughed out loud when I read this! 20 years ago I don’t think the HCC existed. Most of those schools were midling 5A in enrollment at best. So, yeah, the DAC probably would have had a degree of success 

No need to worry about facts....

Hey who had a problem when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  

The rant is better than, factual events....

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Maybe the DAC needs to schedule some Indy schools in the regular season. I know the MIC teams are usually looking for opponents. This would only help them.

I think it goes well beyond strength of schedule. You can tell the difference when the MIC or HCC team gets off the bus. You can tell the difference in their pregame warmup. You can tell the difference in the way they conduct themselves on the sideline. You can tell the difference in the way they are prepared for situational football. And you can tell in the way they execute even the small details. For some reason, their football is on a different level than the DAC.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Maybe the DAC needs to schedule some Indy schools in the regular season. I know the MIC teams are usually looking for opponents. This would only help them.

How’d that workout when Merrillville scheduled CHATARD in 2020?

Win those ones first, otherwise beating the MIC in the regular season and tournament is a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I think it goes well beyond strength of schedule. You can tell the difference when the MIC or HCC team gets off the bus. You can tell the difference in their pregame warmup. You can tell the difference in the way they conduct themselves on the sideline. You can tell the difference in the way they are prepared for situational football. And you can tell in the way they execute even the small details. For some reason, their football is on a different level than the DAC.

agreed

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

“You can tell the difference in the way they conduct themselves on the sideline.”

”You can tell the difference in the way they are prepared for situational football.”

DYING for specific examples to these two claims.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

“You can tell the difference in the way they conduct themselves on the sideline.”

”You can tell the difference in the way they are prepared for situational football.”

DYING for specific examples to these two claims.

If you stand on the sidelines, and you’ve seen a lot of football, it’s easy to see. More organized. Better prepared. They get into a tough spot, there’s no panic, just execution. More self-assured. Oh, did I mention better at football?

4 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I actually laughed out loud when I read this! 20 years ago I don’t think the HCC existed. Most of those schools were midling 5A in enrollment at best. So, yeah, the DAC probably would have had a degree of success 

The point was to give the HCC credit for how far they've come. And what top notch competition can do for a program or an entire conference. I have no doubt that the HCC will take over the MIC as the top conference in the next five years as Temptation suggested. That being said, I'm glad my post humored you. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Win those ones first, otherwise beating the MIC in the regular season and tournament is a pipe dream.

At some point it will have to be done though. CG and Warren have Week 2 openings in 2022. Merrillville should make this happen.

9 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

At some point it will have to be done though. CG and Warren have Week 2 openings in 2022. Merrillville should make this happen.

What do Warren/CG have to gain from that potential matchup?

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

If you stand on the sidelines, and you’ve seen a lot of football, it’s easy to see. More organized. Better prepared. They get into a tough spot, there’s no panic, just execution. More self-assured. Oh, did I mention better at football?

And why do you think this is?

11 hours ago, temptation said:

If we are being technical Merrillville didn't initially schedule Bishop Chatard. The game was made possible by Covid-19 cancellations and both teams needing an opponent.

Just now, FastpacedO said:

If we are being technical Merrillville didn't initially schedule Bishop Chatard. The game was made possible by Covid-19 cancellations and both teams needing an opponent.

True story but I believe that game was foreshadowing what we have seen from them in the semi state the last two trips.

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

I think it is human nature to put forth “good enough” effort rather than consistently giving “the best you’ve got”.  When you are crushing your opponent every Friday night what is your motivation to try harder?  You can apply that to coaches and players. 

Scheduling tougher opponents gives you that much needed reminder that you aren’t good enough yet. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

What do Warren/CG have to gain from that potential matchup?

They get to play a game rather than have a bye. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grover said:

I think it is human nature to put forth “good enough” effort rather than consistently giving “the best you’ve got”.  When you are crushing your opponent every Friday night what is your motivation to try harder?  You can apply that to coaches and players. 

Scheduling tougher opponents gives you that much needed reminder that you aren’t good enough yet. 

As we get to the end of the FB Season.  I'd like to also say this sentiment applies to OFFICIALS also. 

The inevitable "complaint season" will start as soon as the rankings are given out. 

But crews (officials) fail to realize a Varsity schedule with 'comfortable teams', (the) same teams multiple times and/or just locally based schools; Does nothing to give you an understanding of multiple offensive/defensive schemes.  Different coaching approaches.  Different interpretations of rules applications due to your only seeing the 'same ole same ole week' in and week out. 

So as we ask for our schools to schedule tougher; I beg that our officials take an honest look at the games they select and schedule.  Also, it is imperative that they officiate at ALL levels of HS FB during the regular season. 

Repetition and exposure to FB play is a great thing.  

Just my .02

• Like 1