Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Zionsville @ Michigan City

On 11/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, psaboy said:

Wait, Zionsville is actually playing a playoff game on the road?? I'll take MI City by 6.

I was thinking the same thing, they may not know how to handle that. City by two scores. 

6 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Define two scores. Could be as little as 4 points or as much as 14!🙄

Lol. I was thinking two touchdowns and two extra points. So four scores if you want to get technical. 

Wait, I'll back off to 7 points. I forgot about the ten interstates leaving the city. They should only be on the bus about an hour. 

Edited by BTF

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol. I was thinking two touchdowns and two extra points. So four scores if you want to get technical. 

Yeah I obviously knew what you meant. But I think you’re way off on this. If anything the Eagles have been there done that and MC is in uncharted territory. 

10 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Yeah I obviously knew what you meant. But I think you’re way off on this. If anything the Eagles have been there done that and MC is in uncharted territory. 

The Eagles don't get a lot of notice honestly. They have been steady and fly under the radar. I felt they gave Cathedral's defense quite a battle last year, just couldn't come up with stops defensively in the end. Won't be easy going up to Michigan City, I will take Zionsville by a FG because it is a road game and MC has some solid players offensively.

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

I am looking forward to getting a firsthand look at Joey Tanona, Zionsville’s offensive tackle headed to Notre Dame to help rebuild that offensive line.

What you didn't care for my Observer glasses comment! (All in fun I just kid you). Glad ND has added you to the ND Indiana talent scout team under the guise of Officiating Observation though! 🤣

Pout - GIF on Imgur

42 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I was making light of the fact that Zionsville has had 13 home games in a row. I'll go back to "if I were a betting man,"........................Eagles by 14. If that were the spread, I'd take Zionsville. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Michigan City as a program has been at the semi-state recently, with this coaching staff who are battle tested. If you are referring to the players, you are correct, I don't think any of these players as freshman played in the 2018 semi-state against New Pal and for sure not in 2017. The crowd, the speed of the game, how physical it will be, will not catch Zionsville of guard but I don't think that equates to a win unless Zionsville TKO's Michigan City in the first quarter or first half.

Zionsville has the attention of the coaches in the region. While the HCC does not get a lot of attention football wise, interestingly a lot of competition in girls sports of late with the DAC, they are not on the radar of the general fan because we only hear about Cathedral and Center Grove. 

In terms of the score or spread, there is a full moon Friday night. 

3 hours ago, DACNUT said:

Michigan City as a program has been at the semi-state recently, with this coaching staff who are battle tested. If you are referring to the players, you are correct, I don't think any of these players as freshman played in the 2018 semi-state against New Pal and for sure not in 2017. The crowd, the speed of the game, how physical it will be, will not catch Zionsville of guard but I don't think that equates to a win unless Zionsville TKO's Michigan City in the first quarter or first half.

Zionsville has the attention of the coaches in the region. While the HCC does not get a lot of attention football wise, interestingly a lot of competition in girls sports of late with the DAC, they are not on the radar of the general fan because we only hear about Cathedral and Center Grove. 

In terms of the score or spread, there is a full moon Friday night. 

Wait, the coaches are battle tested?

Do tell.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:27 PM, Tommy said:

This will be the first time Ames Field or even Michigan City will ever host a semi-state in any sport.  Elston won boys basketball in 1966 and girls cross country in 1993 and 1994 and MCHS won volleyball in 1995 but the semi-states were either away games or at neutral sites.  Everybody here is very excited and all the business have all their marquees and store front windows with a message in support of the team.

Love it, huge for any community. I'll be pulling for the MI City Wolves. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

I was making light of the fact that Zionsville has had 13 home games in a row. I'll go back to "if I were a betting man,"........................Eagles by 14. If that were the spread, I'd take Zionsville. 

They were technically a 6a program this year..n not sf 6a..bulls in a jewelry shop.. I've seen stranger things happen though n the wolves won't be intimidated..should be a doosy 

11 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

They were technically a 6a program this year..n not sf 6a..bulls in a jewelry shop.. I've seen stranger things happen though n the wolves won't be intimidated..should be a doosy 

Michigan City is definitely a good football team (re-watched Valpo at MC last night). They have some good speed and playmakers that can certainly make plays at times and game will definitely be a good game. All that being said I don't feel MC brings anything to the table that teams Zionsville has played bring (Westfield, Brownsburg, HSE, Harrison W.L., Dwenger). Yes MC has the capability to beat Zionsville, I will stick with the Eagles by a FG since it is at MC. 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, FastpacedO said:

The Eagles don't get a lot of notice honestly. They have been steady and fly under the radar. I felt they gave Cathedral's defense quite a battle last year, just couldn't come up with stops defensively in the end. Won't be easy going up to Michigan City, I will take Zionsville by a FG because it is a road game and MC has some solid players offensively.

4-5 doesn’t earn much credit, you’re right there. Regardless of a tough conference, that’s fair enough. Tonight’s effort was a solid (def not a standout) game. Watching the NA-Cathedral game now… and unless Zionsville has a very focused week to get 75 individuals on the same page… oh the humanity. 

A big shout out to Michigan City for being great hosts. Everyone was very nice and hospitable. My 1st trip inside the gates of Ames Field and this became one of my favorite places to take in a football game.  I loved the old school feel with the new amenities and the lack of a track which allows you to sit right on top of the action. I been to a couple other facilities that are set up like this and I think more stadiums need to be this way. I know the score wasn't what you wanted it to be, but congrats to the Wolves on a great season and on your Sectional and Regional championships.  

Edited by Mod22

5 hours ago, Azi said:

4-5 doesn’t earn much credit, you’re right there. Regardless of a tough conference, that’s fair enough. Tonight’s effort was a solid (def not a standout) game. Watching the NA-Cathedral game now… and unless Zionsville has a very focused week to get 75 individuals on the same page… oh the humanity. 

Just to clarify I don't say that in a negative light about Zionsville. They usually get overshadowed by Brownsburg, Avon (even though this was a down year for them), HSE, and Westfield (as of late). However the Eagles may come out of conference with a few losses, but they always tend to get better through the year and are always competitive with some fight.

I have much respect for the Eagles DC Larry McWhorter (former Z-ville HC and Convenant Christian HC). During my broadcast/webcast days. He was the only Head Coach I knew that preferred to be in the press box  during games. Honestly a gem at calling a defense and an even better person to talk to.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:24 AM, FastpacedO said:

Just to clarify I don't say that in a negative light about Zionsville. They usually get overshadowed by Brownsburg, Avon (even though this was a down year for them), HSE, and Westfield (as of late). However the Eagles may come out of conference with a few losses, but they always tend to get better through the year and are always competitive with some fight.

I have much respect for the Eagles DC Larry McWhorter (former Z-ville HC and Convenant Christian HC). During my broadcast/webcast days. He was the only Head Coach I knew that preferred to be in the press box  during games. Honestly a gem at calling a defense and an even better person to talk to.

No worries & didn't feel any negativity... that's not what this thread is about, else I wouldn't bother posting in it lol.  It is a little bit crazy to see such poor regular season records, only to then kick it into high gear for the playoffs.  In my mind, I see Z-ville coaches doing the Jim Mora thing inside the locker room & away from cameras come, oh say, week 8 or 9 [[[every season]].] 😝

I was on the Z-ville team that Coach Mac went up into the booth.  There's a few good stories (plus one "bet") related to starting that phenomenon lol.  🤐 One thing I won't be quiet about is his approachability + sound mind, to which you allude.  👍

• Like 1