Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

EASTSIDE @ ANDREAN

The game is not at Andrean! It is at Eastside! I was listening to the commentators on the Eastside game week say this, if it’s Andrean it’s a home game. Plus Maxpreps and Harrell say it’s at Eastside too.

Also, Laban Davis is the real deal. Bowen this, Bowen that, the Eastside QB will be the best player on the field on Friday and I expect a Blazer victory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

The game is not at Andrean! It is at Eastside! I was listening to the commentators on the Eastside game week say this, if it’s Andrean it’s a home game. Plus Maxpreps and Harrell say it’s at Eastside too.

Also, Laban Davis is the real deal. Bowen this, Bowen that, the Eastside QB will be the best player on the field on Friday and I expect a Blazer victory.

Exactly.  I was going to say the SAME thing.  This game is in Butler

2 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Doesn’t seem like a concrete enough bet. Define “anything”.

My ex-wife's birthday is Monday.  I'll throw her in there as "anything".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Totally agree... Bowen isn't what I thought he would be

19 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Totally agree... Bowen isn't what I thought he would be

I just looked at the boxscore. Here was his production against LaVille: 

Offense:

14 carries for 99 yards (7.1 Avg) and 3 TD's

1 Reception for 7 Yards

Defense:

4 Total Tackles

1 TFL

1 INT that he returned 30 Yards

You must be hard to impress. He's only a Junior. Were you expecting to see someone who is already a starting LB at ND?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I just looked at the box score. Here was his production against LaVille: 

Offense:

14 carries for 99 yards (7.1 Avg) and 3 TD's

1 Reception for 7 Yards

Defense:

4 Total Tackles

1 TFL

1 INT that he returned 30 Yards

You must be hard to impress. He's only a Junior. Were you expecting to see someone who is already a starting LB at ND?

All the hype they have made him out to be.....  5 STAR????  ... I remember seeing MR. JACK KIZER playing all his career and let me tell ya, when he was a  junior he dominated both sides of the ball and all special teams... #34 is overrated and you will see this Friday!!!

8 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

All the hype they have made him out to be.....  5 STAR????  ... I remember seeing MR. JACK KIZER playing all his career and let me tell ya, when he was a  junior he dominated both sides of the ball and all special teams... #34 is overrated and you will see this Friday!!!

His production against LaVille on both side of the ball looked dominating to me, but what do I know? You sound bitter. Are you a disgruntled LaVille fan? That's a nice definitieve statement you ended with. Any logicial reasoning you care to share for your opinion? I know you're not on the ND staff since he's going to Notre Dame. What have you seen about him that you think the coaches at Notre Dame, Clemson, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Kentucky, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, etc. are all missing?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Actually Kiser was pretty dominant as a freshman😳

He almost beat LCC great team of 2015 by himself.  Incredible performance by a freshman against two D-1 recruits in regional game

I too am a little suspect of the star ratings system.  Truly a 5-star should have been best player last year for Andrean.  I would argue not in their top 4-5 players.  He is very good player and may end up superstar but at this time IMO not on board there

8 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

He almost beat LCC great team of 2015 by himself.  Incredible performance by a freshman against two D-1 recruits in regional game

I too am a little suspect of the star ratings system.  Truly a 5-star should have been best player last year for Andrean.  I would argue not in their top 4-5 players.  He is very good player and may end up superstar but at this time IMO not on board there

He's probably a 5 star because of who is offering him scholarships. LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas A&M, etc. generally don't care about the 5th best player at Andrean...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

He's probably a 5 star because of who is offering him scholarships. LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas A&M, etc. generally don't care about the 5th best player at Andrean...

Is he Josh Barajas 2.0? High profiled LB from Andrean that is committed to play for Notre Dame? Hopefully he has more success in terms of production than Barajas.

Edited by CICairRAID

17 minutes ago, CICairRAID said:

Is he Josh Barajas 2.0? High profiled LB from Andrean that is committed to play for Notre Dame? Hopefully he has more success in terms of production than Barajas.

Yes. Definately. He'll be lucky to see Special Teams at Notre Dame. If the past is any indication of the future, he should probably just join former Andrean baseball stars Sean Manaea and Mike Brosseau and trade in football for a MLB career.

I think if Eastside can execute the same game plan that they did against Luers, then they have a great chance of pulling this game out.  I just haven’t seen much film on Andrean.  I think that they run a similar offense that Luers ran.  I really hope this game will be streamed!  Best of luck to the Blazers!!  Bring home the hardware!!

3 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I think if Eastside can execute the same game plan that they did against Luers, then they have a great chance of pulling this game out.  I just haven’t seen much film on Andrean.  I think that they run a similar offense that Luers ran.  I really hope this game will be streamed!  Best of luck to the Blazers!!  Bring home the hardware!!

Summit City Sports will be broadcasting for the IHSAA.

17 hours ago, RingLeader said:

LCC beat Pioneer 31-14 in that regional game, not exactly a nail-biter. I know the game was closer than the score shows, but you kind of knew if you were there LCC never really felt super threatened. Also Pioneer graduated arguably one of the the best classes they have had go through the program that year with a lot of good seniors including Jack's older brother Sam. Jack played really well that game, but I think even he would tell you he didn't make it a good game all on his own.

Also, not trying to take anything away from Jack Kiser, but he played a heavy 1A schedule and also played 1A competition in the playoffs every year. Being at Andrean, Bowen plays a lot of bigger schools as well as a 2A playoff schedule. Would Jack still be dominate at a 2A level? Most definitely. Would Bowen look even more dominate playing Caston, Triton, Knox, and others in that league? Most definitely. I don't think its fair to compare the numbers or how dominate one looks over the other based on this. 

As for the 5-star, it has to do with the potential the kid still has. He's only a junior, and as far as build goes, the kid looks like he knows where the weight room is and visits it often. I think he will do just fine at ND. The physical tools are there, and ND is a good program for coaching players up, especially at the position he will probably play. Being a former college player that has experienced 5 years of playing, that first redshirt year will do wonders for him. He's not going to be ready to go day 1, but he will get where he needs to be to have success at ND long-term.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

This isn't a "one OR the other" situation. Just because Jack Kiser was amazing does not mean that Bowen is not also a fantastic football player. Big time football programs offered Bowen for a reason. Those staffs are paid tons of money to win games and they wouldn't offer a 5 star LB if they thought he was just an ok football player. I get that programs can be wrong in their evaluation of recruits, but just because Kiser put up better numbers than Bowen does not make him a lesser player.  You really can't compare the level of competition that Pioneer and Andrean face.

How about we just appreciate the fact that both players are extremely talented??? That being said, you can't count Eastside out because they have a special athlete in Laban Davis. I'm not sure if Davis really has any offers to play at the next level, or if he is even interested in doing so, but he could definitely contribute to a college program.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CICairRAID said:

Barajas only played at Andrean 1 or 2 years I believe. Don’t know how he did after transferring to S. Illinois(?) from south bend. Bowen is also a standout in baseball and plans to do both at ND. Only time will tell how he does in either, but as long as he doesn’t show up to ND out of shape (Barajas) he’ll be off to a better start. 

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Don’t know much at all about Eastside, could you guys share some more info about the qb Laban Davis? Like stats or strengths or other sports he plays? 

Davis has thrown for 1,571 yards and 20 TDs, but prefers to do his damage on the ground. He has rushed 262 times for 2,152 yards and 32 TDs.