Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

EASTSIDE @ ANDREAN

6 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Don’t know much at all about Eastside, could you guys share some more info about the qb Laban Davis? Like stats or strengths or other sports he plays? 

He is a Stud.  But what probably impressed me the most was the blocking for him.  You don't only have to control the line, you have to find his backfield and control them.  They block just as well as the line and spring him open more than anything.  The O line gets things set up, then the RBs come through and clean everyone out.  It was quite impressive to see first hand last week.  Also, Ball control.  They don't break the huddle until 11 seconds to go almost every down.  Very methodical.

I saw some cutup highlites of Davis on Maxpreps. The kid can throw the ball around the field and run with it. Andrean better be ready from the opening kickoff. Hate to be cliche, but Eastside has never won a Regional until this year and is playing at home for a trip to State. I can imagine they are going to come out hungry for blood. Andrean has been notorious the past few years for coming out looking unprepared and sloppy in their playoff losses. Andrean will likely need their A game just to have a chance at winning this one. I would hope Andrean brings their A game after losing on the road to Pioneer and Eastbrook the past 2 years.

Have only watched 1st half of both regional games this year but saw Eastside last year a couple times.  Davis and Bowen cancel out.  Will come down to line and others.  Was impressed with Andrean Qb/wr bros +  slot.  Eastside FB is tough TE is decent.  Going to be a tight game similar to Luers but dont think Eastside has enough this time around.

IMO, how much can Andrean Protect the QB and get their WR downfield on what I am sure will be a typical softer mid November field, Andrean has some flat out dudes in the pass game if they can get footing and get going, which is hard to do at this time of year 

QB from Eastside is very very good football player.   

The chatter on Bowen, ha, at best.   I promise you that all 300 + football schools and every power 5 division 1 school would be thrilled if he was an overrated player on their team.   

On 11/16/2021 at 8:14 AM, FlyingHigh said:

This isn't a "one OR the other" situation. Just because Jack Kiser was amazing does not mean that Bowen is not also a fantastic football player. Big time football programs offered Bowen for a reason. Those staffs are paid tons of money to win games and they wouldn't offer a 5 star LB if they thought he was just an ok football player. I get that programs can be wrong in their evaluation of recruits, but just because Kiser put up better numbers than Bowen does not make him a lesser player.  You really can't compare the level of competition that Pioneer and Andrean face.

How about we just appreciate the fact that both players are extremely talented??? That being said, you can't count Eastside out because they have a special athlete in Laban Davis. I'm not sure if Davis really has any offers to play at the next level, or if he is even interested in doing so, but he could definitely contribute to a college program.

I guess you will get a chance to see the type of competition Pioneer faces this Friday in North Judson! The Hoosier North Conference is a very competetive, Physical, and stout conference for classes 1A and 2A for certain. Not many "Roll Over" teams in the Hoosier North!

On 11/17/2021 at 9:42 AM, Workingthechains said:

I guess you will get a chance to see the type of competition Pioneer faces this Friday in North Judson! The Hoosier North Conference is a very competetive, Physical, and stout conference for classes 1A and 2A for certain. Not many "Roll Over" teams in the Hoosier North!

I agree with your statement 100%. It's a physical and competitive conference. My point was just that it's hard to compare Bowen and Kiser because they play different schedules and have different team make-ups.  I saw firsthand what Kiser could do in 2016 and 2018. He would have been a stud regardless of the competition that he faced.

I've seen AC play Triton (HNAC) the last two years and it is very clear that they play a physical type of football in that conference.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, Football Guru 25 said:

All the hype they have made him out to be.....  5 STAR????  ... I remember seeing MR. JACK KIZER playing all his career and let me tell ya, when he was a  junior he dominated both sides of the ball and all special teams... #34 is overrated and you will see this Friday!!!

Make sure you remember to cancel your hotel room for next weekend 🔥🔥🔥

Can you still win Mr. Football if you rush for 13 yards in the semi-state?

• Like 2
  • Disdain 2

9 hours ago, TROGDOR said:

Make sure you remember to cancel your hotel room for next weekend 🔥🔥🔥

Can you still win Mr. Football if you rush for 13 yards in the semi-state?

Way to keep it classy with your very first post. SMH

If you want to flame other posters on the GID, have at it, but leave the players out of it.  They deserve far better than to be used for some immature chat board posting.  

mi dos centavos 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Way to keep it classy with your very first post. SMH

If you want to flame other posters on the GID, have at it, but leave the players out of it.  They deserve far better than to be used for some immature chat board posting.  

mi dos centavos 

Pretty sure that was a straight flame at the dude running his mouth all week about how our stud doesn't deserve his accolades and recruiting status despite never seeing him in person.  Eastside had a great season and has some absolute studs on their team, but if I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "Mr. Football" near the concessions between 6 and 10pm last night I could charter the team bus.  Didn't mention anyone by name.

Edited by TROGDOR
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, TROGDOR said:

Pretty sure that was a straight flame at the dude running his mouth all week about how our stud doesn't deserve his accolades and recruiting status despite never seeing him in person.  Eastside had a great season and has some absolute studs on their team, but if I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "Mr. Football" near the concessions between 6 and 10pm last night I could charter the team bus.  Didn't mention anyone by name.

Copied directly from your post:  "Can you still win Mr. Football if you rush for 13 yards in the semi-state?" 

I'm guessing we could all figure out who you were talking about with this comment...and it was not the person you were flaming - which is my point.  This is about the player who had no role in your flame-a-thon.  If "some dude" was "running his mouth", AND YOU WON THE GAME, why not take the high road?  Lowering yourself to that level only reflects poorly on you.  Again, just my humble opinion.  Feel free to ignore and/or flame me.  Been there, done that.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Football Guru 25 said:

Go get em EASTSIDE!  I believe this game will be lopsided!!

It was until the 4th quarter. 

On 11/14/2021 at 10:39 PM, roaringthunderdlr said:

The game is not at Andrean! It is at Eastside! I was listening to the commentators on the Eastside game week say this, if it’s Andrean it’s a home game. Plus Maxpreps and Harrell say it’s at Eastside too.

Also, Laban Davis is the real deal. Bowen this, Bowen that, the Eastside QB will be the best player on the field on Friday and I expect a Blazer victory.

He wasn’t even the best QB in the game.