Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Highschool Football / Game Preview Class 3A South Semi State / Gibson Southern (12-1) at Tri West (11-2) / Q&A with Gibson Southern Head Coach Nick Hart

Game Preview Class 3A South Semi State
Gibson Southern (12-1) at Tri West (11-2)
Q&A with Gibson Southern Head Coach Nick Hart
Question 1
Congratulations on reaching the final four Coach to you, staff and team. Coming off your regional win last week, how is your team handling its success at this late point in the season and what is their collective mindset as you begin game prep for Friday's semistate contest?
Response
We're excited to still be playing. There are only 4 teams left in 3A and only 24 high schools in Indiana are getting to practice this week. Our kids are embracing this opportunity and we have had a great week of practice so far. They know Tri-West has a really good football team and they are excited for the challenge.
Question 2
Looking at game film of your opponent this week, what are their primary areas of strength and who are some of the playmakers that your defense will need to neutralize in order stay in the game and put your team in position to win?
Response
They are extremely balanced. They are equally effective on the ground and through the air. I think they present some challenges because they are really balanced in their receiving core. All 4 of their receivers are very close in yardage and are all very capable. They do a great job of taking care of the football. They make very few mistakes.
Question 3
How does your base offensive package match up with the personnel they will be countering with on the defensive side of the football?
Response
I think their defense is very good. Since week 2, they have only allowed a team into the 20s one time. That is pretty remarkable. They are very well coached. I think they are long and athletic on the defensive side. Their kids play extremely fast and get to the football. I am extremely impressed with them defensively. They really limit big plays so we are going to have to be very disciplined and put together drives and we have to finish drives off when we put them together.
Question 4
At this point in the season, teams are generally very evenly matched relative to speed, size and skill level. What are some of the intangible elements that need to break your way in order to pave the path for a trip to Lucas Oil Stadium on Thanksgiving weekend?
Response
Man I don't know. If I did, we would practice it a heckuva lot this week. We've been really close several times to getting to that ultimate game. We are going to start 19 seniors on Saturday. 19 seniors that aren't ready to be done playing football for this great high school. It will not be an easy task, but I can promise our guys are going to leave it all out there on Saturday for their teammates. It should be an amazing atmosphere with two communities that really support football. We've put out instructions for the last ones out of town on Saturday to make sure they turn off the lights.
258620456_208172354842858_47634227690903

259158030_208173261509434_11159849693576

258734978_208172504842843_86767195895633

Comment

NEW (SEPTEMBER) HHF LOGO.jpg

Edited by HHF