Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semi-State: Scores and Updates

So, let's play basketball!

Nah, just kidding. I like the resiliency of this Ben Davis team. Got put on the canvas a lot this year and kept getting back up. Center Grove is a juggernaut. They'll cruise next week. There's a reason why they are Indiana's #1 and #9 in the nation.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Nah, just kidding. I like the resiliency of this Ben Davis team. Got put on the canvas a lot this year and kept getting back up. Center Grove is a juggernaut. They'll cruise next week. There's a reason why they are Indiana's #1 and #9 in the nation.

BD gave it all. Like you say, just a really tough team for anyone to go up against. Still, well-played. 👏 

Edited by Azi

44 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I'll say Westfield will give CG a decent game. I'm not silly enough to come out and declare that they will win. Last year, none of Westfield's kids had ever played in LOS, whereas CG had played there against Carmel the prior year. The stage was probably too large for them early on. They did shut out CG the second half, and no, CG did not pull their starters until well into the 4th qtr. This year, Westfield has most of the key players from last year back. If they can get off to a good start, the game may well be closer than people think. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I'll say Westfield will give CG a decent game. I'm not silly enough to come out and declare that they will win. Last year, none of Westfield's kids had ever played in LOS, whereas CG had played there against Carmel the prior year. The stage was probably too large for them early on. They did shut out CG the second half, and no, CG did not pull their starters until well into the 4th qtr. This year, Westfield has most of the key players from last year back. If they can get off to a good start, the game may well be closer than people think. 

ooooooo k. 

You are ignoring how good Center Grove really is. And probably don’t understand that they are bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced than they were 12 months ago. Westfield is better than last year. And they were pretty dog gone  good in 2020. But you can play them tough for a half. Ben Davis could very well have led at halftime. But CG blew their doors off in the 2nd half. 

I’m thinking I’ll put up the 1st score prediction for next week.

Center Grove 27  Westfield 13.

I’ll be cheering for the Rocks. I hope it’s a great game.

17 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

ooooooo k. 

You are ignoring how good Center Grove really is. And probably don’t understand that they are bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced than they were 12 months ago. Westfield is better than last year. And they were pretty dog gone  good in 2020. But you can play them tough for a half. Ben Davis could very well have led at halftime. But CG blew their doors off in the 2nd half. 

Idk if it’ll be that close… would love to see Hauser go OFF again… but CG-W likely won’t be the biggest spread next week. Both teams earned the right to go compete for it next week, that’s for darn sure. 

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

ooooooo k. 

Fair assessment, I have CG by 21… While Westfield is improved and maybe better than last year, so is CG…