Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semi-State: Scores and Updates

9 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Westfield just taking the trash out. Ass whooping in progress 

That’s a bunch of high school kids — some of whom just played the last football game they’ll ever play — that you’re referring to as “trash.” It costs nothing to be a gracious winner. Try it sometime.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

That’s a bunch of high school kids — some of whom just played the last football game they’ll ever play — that you’re referring to as “trash.” It costs nothing to be a gracious winner. Try it sometime.

Aside from those comments, how did the official observation go last night? Were you pleased with the crew overall? Were you bundled up well and thankful not to be shivering with your knickers?

Spy GIFs | Tenor

12 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I promise they will be okay.. it’s a cold world.. 

I was more referring to the fan base, ex : Cody Parkhurst and a few other tools in that area. 

Edited by Olympian06

15 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Bob, I get it and certainly don’t disagree with your point (because you’re right) but I find myself at a “gut” level often having to restrain myself when it comes to Merrillville….not because of the team and kids (I think I indicated last year that they handled themselves with class and aplomb last Fall at Chatard) but rather because they literally have some of the worst and most obnoxious fans imaginable (one certain fan is literally a lunatic) over on the football Facebook page and it, unfortunately, at times is really, really difficult to not want to speak to THOSE folks which I think was really what “‘06” was doing (not to put words in his mouth) rather than the team and kids (who deserve respect).

By the way,  I think I may just have written the longest most dreadful single and continuous sentence in my life.  For those lovers of grammar,  I apologize in advance for my assault on Mssrs.  Strunk and White just above.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Bob, I get it and certainly don’t disagree with your point (because you’re right) but I find myself at a “gut” level often having to restrain myself when it comes to Merrillville….not because of the team and kids (I think I indicated last year that they handled themselves with class and aplomb last Fall at Chatard) but rather because they literally have some of the worst and most obnoxious fans imaginable (one certain fan is literally a lunatic) over on the football Facebook page and it, unfortunately, at times is really, really difficult to not want to speak to THOSE folks which I think was really what “‘06” was doing (not to put words in his mouth) rather than the team and kids (who deserve respect).

By the way,  I think I may just have written the longest most dreadful single and continuous sentence in my life.  For those lovers of grammar,  I apologize in advance for my assault on Mssrs.  Strunk and White just above.

Man I need to get in on the Facebooking thing for the GID! Sounds juicy!!! Didn't know there was juicy stuff on there!

Rage in the comments* | Popcorn GIFs | Know Your Meme

10 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Help Me Obi Wan Kenobi GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

Man I need to get in on the Facebooking thing for the GID! Sounds juicy!!! Didn't know there was juicy stuff on there!

Rage in the comments* | Popcorn GIFs | Know Your Meme

The Indiana HS Football page will do as much good for your mental health as that trash bag of popcorn will for your waistline.  It’s not a healthy place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Good Lord. I had to do a double take. That WAS long. 

Congratulation to Merrillville on a great season. Possibly one of the best five teams in the state this season and easily top ten regardless of class. Unfortunately, the Pirates are in the "everyone else" category.

Tier 1:    Center Grove and Cathedral

Tier 2:    Westfield

Tier 3:    Everyone else