Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A State Championship - Cathedral-Zionsville (pt 2)

22 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You are correct, but in speaking with the crew afterward, and reviewing that play, they felt that the contact on the QB occurred before his butt hit the turf on the slide, so they ruled it a live ball foul.

Of course Hamilton would have an excuse.   The whistle blew before the flag flew. 

51 minutes ago, Major said:

Of course Hamilton would have an excuse.   The whistle blew before the flag flew. 

It's not appropriate to call out an official by name on this site.

And when the whistle blew in relation to the flag is meaningless in this situation. The foul either occurred before or after the ball was dead. That's the only thing that matters, and the timing of the whistle and the flag don't change that. I thought the contact was after the ball was dead, the covering official thought otherwise. The video will not lie.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

It's not appropriate to call out an official by name on this site.

And when the whistle blew in relation to the flag is meaningless in this situation. The foul either occurred before or after the ball was dead. That's the only thing that matters, and the timing of the whistle and the flag don't change that. I thought the contact was after the ball was dead, the covering official thought otherwise. The video will not lie.

Wouldn’t they then have to have some sort of other foul then? Like illegal helmet contact? You can’t have a personal foul hitting him late if he wasn’t down yet? The whole slide thing in high school is a strange play and does cause some issues. No one is thinking a high school player is gonna slide? If they would of called illegal helmet contact (live ball) then I think they could argue that was the call and it make sense. Other then that it needed tk be a dead ball foul and both fouls enforced 

8 minutes ago, Huge Football Fan said:

Wouldn’t they then have to have some sort of other foul then? Like illegal helmet contact? You can’t have a personal foul hitting him late if he wasn’t down yet? The whole slide thing in high school is a strange play and does cause some issues. No one is thinking a high school player is gonna slide? If they would of called illegal helmet contact (live ball) then I think they could argue that was the call and it make sense. Other then that it needed tk be a dead ball foul and both fouls enforced 

The announcement by the R on the field mic was “personal foul.” No further explanation.

11 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

I got a propsle that would actually make it more likely that Cathedral wins more state titles and would stop the late night game for you. Ihsaa could created a PP class for the P/Ps and the championship game would be the first game at 9am. I would be 100% behind this win win for Cathedral.

I'm done responding to posters like you.  You are worth the keystrokes.

I would be remiss if I didn't than Coach Peebs and his assistants for an outstanding job this season!  They are arguably one of the best, if not the best, at making in game adjustments.

I will hopefully be back next season, the good Lord willing!  Have a great off season!