Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A State Championship - Northridge & Mt. Vernon

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

What Northridge has done is pretty amazing but a I think Mt. Vernon cleared their hurdles the last couple of weeks.

Hoping to be wrong, but I think Mt. Vernon wins this by whatever score they choose.  

Again, hoping to be wrong.

Speed kills

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

First game where I felt there was a real mismatch talent-wise.

Take a tournament - not a playoff. Then blind draw matchups and divide by geography. Sometimes the last game can be anticlimactic. 

I hope Northridge doesn’t hang their heads over the great season they had. Quite an accomplishment 

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

First game where I felt there was a real mismatch talent-wise.

I think we kind of knew that 4A South this year had something on the order of 8 of the Top 10 teams per most any analytic.  This kind of game, unfortunately, was likely going to happen regardless who the North and South reps were in 4A this year.

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I think we kind of knew that 4A South this year had something on the order of 8 of the Top 10 teams per most any analytic.  This kind of game, unfortunately, was likely going to happen regardless who the North and South reps were in 4A this year.

Looks like South might be the favorite next year again, judging by all the teams in there. Don’t know who will challenge the North next year, maybe Hobart, Leo, New Prairie, and possibly NR (My North bracket knowledge is pretty weak)

Edited by TigerFan20

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Yup

East Central 

Roncalli 

Mt Vernon

Mooresville

Chatard

Memorial 

Jasper

and now New Pal is back In 4A 

All we’d need is add Columbus East and Cathedral and 4A South would be back in the day when 4A was probably the toughest class in the State pound for pound (we’d need Dwenger back in the North as well). 

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

All we’d need is add Columbus East and Cathedral and 4A South would be back in the day when 4A was probably the toughest class in the State pound for pound (we’d need Dwenger back in the North as well). 

Oh gosh, that would be a meat grinder on steroids  

First impressions for 2022 4A South:

It seems like East Central, Mooresville, Roncalli and Mt Vernon are the probably favorites in the south. Although, I heard MTV and EC lose a ton to graduation. Then Memorial, Chatard, and Jasper as dark horses. No Idea where to put New Pal, since my knowledge is low on them 

Edited by TigerFan20

16 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Talking about New Pal or the South Favorite?

New Pal… from what the IHSAA has said, they will make a decision on enrollment and how the success factor will be dealt with at a later date this year. Cathedral to 6A isn’t a lock either. Cathedral very well could be back in 5A next year. 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Oh gosh, that would be a meat grinder on steroids  

First impressions for 2022 4A South:

It seems like East Central, Mooresville, Roncalli and Mt Vernon are the probably favorites in the south. Although, I heard MTV and EC lose a ton to graduation. Then Memorial, Chatard, and Jasper as dark horses. No Idea where to put New Pal, since my knowledge is low on them 

New Pal will be very good next year. If they are in 4A they will be a top 2 team. 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

New Pal… from what the IHSAA has said, they will make a decision on enrollment and how the success factor will be dealt with at a later date this year. Cathedral to 6A isn’t a lock either. Cathedral very well could be back in 5A next year. 

Did not know that at all