Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Mater Dei vs Andrean

3 hours ago, Bigsky said:

Very good game. Couldn't understand why during a championship game they would do the train sound for Andrian

They did it every game. 

Well, not the ending we wanted but a great game, nonetheless.  Both Defenses showed their strength and, in the end, a fumble deep in MD territory turned the tide.  #34, Bowen was the best player on the field.  He took the game over in the 2nd half, leading Andrean to a well earned victory.  Congrats to the 59'ers.

As for the Wildcats, not the end result we wanted but so very proud of the team & its overall effort Saturday.  The Defense came to play and the Offense gave it their best but came up short against an equally strong Andrean defense.  I knew Andrean would be bigger in some areas but it seemed every player at every position had about 20 lbs on us. 💪

In the end, we came up a little short but we could not be more proud of the team and the overall season!  Thanks to this awesome group of Seniors:  Tyler Martin, James Ralph, Nicholas, Boots, Eli McDurmon, Will Carter, Cole & Dane Wilson, Pierce Wolters, Bryce Humphrey, JT Mayer, Calvin Stratman, Ryan VanBibber, Luke Burgdorf, Jay Schiff, Nathan Koressel, Colin Maurer, Mason Eichoff, & Landon Elpers...  Thanks for your leadership, dedication & effort over the past 4 years.  Your collective effort has once again lifted the team, the school, and the West Side community and given us something to take our minds off all the other craziness going on the world...if only for a few hours a week. Can't wait until next year...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

Well, not the ending we wanted but a great game, nonetheless.  Both Defenses showed their strength and, in the end, a fumble deep in MD territory turned the tide.  #34, Bowen was the best player on the field.  He took the game over in the 2nd half, leading Andrean to a well earned victory.  Congrats to the 59'ers.

As for the Wildcats, not the end result we wanted but so very proud of the team & its overall effort Saturday.  The Defense came to play and the Offense gave it their best but came up short against an equally strong Andrean defense.  I knew Andrean would be bigger in some areas but it seemed every player at every position had about 20 lbs on us. 💪

In the end, we came up a little short but we could not be more proud of the team and the overall season!  Thanks to this awesome group of Seniors:  Tyler Martin, James Ralph, Nicholas, Boots, Eli McDurmon, Will Carter, Cole & Dane Wilson, Pierce Wolters, Bryce Humphrey, JT Mayer, Calvin Stratman, Ryan VanBibber, Luke Burgdorf, Jay Schiff, Nathan Koressel, Colin Maurer, Mason Eichoff, & Landon Elpers...  Thanks for your leadership, dedication & effort over the past 4 years.  Your collective effort has once again lifted the team, the school, and the West Side community and given us something to take our minds off all the other craziness going on the world...if only for a few hours a week. Can't wait until next year...

Well said. Great group of seniors that will be very difficult to replace but I'm looking forward to what next season can bring also. Thanks Wildcats for a great run!

• Like 1

I was rooting for Andrean being from the Region. Bowen was a man amongst boys out there. 

Andrean was having all kinds of problems with the Mater Dei pass rush. Andrean finally went more rush heavy in the second half and it paid off. Andrean could not match the pressure generally, but the QB for Mater Dei seemed a little less accurate. I say generally because, of course, the biggest play of the game was the strip sack and recovery on the 3 which put the game firmly in Andrean’s control. 

Andrean’s rush defense was superior all day. The one huge breakdown was on the QB keeper where he got loose. 

Agree that the train horn played on all scores. 

Good crowd for both sides. 

When Phil Mason left, I am glad they hired Chris Skinner. What a great representative of the school. He is a alumnus. What most people don’t know is that he is an EXCELLENT teacher as well. Many in the school regard him as the best educator in the school.  He teaches Honors Biology for freshmen and really challenges his students in the classroom. Also teaches AP Biology. Many graduates rave how he has prepared them for college, and have heard some college students save their notes from freshman biology and refer to them in their college studies years later. Could not happen to a better guy. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ratball said:

I was rooting for Andrean being from the Region. Bowen was a man amongst boys out there. 

Andrean was having all kinds of problems with the Mater Dei pass rush. Andrean finally went more rush heavy in the second half and it paid off. Andrean could not match the pressure generally, but the QB for Mater Dei seemed a little less accurate. I say generally because, of course, the biggest play of the game was the strip sack and recovery on the 3 which put the game firmly in Andrean’s control. 

Andrean’s rush defense was superior all day. The one huge breakdown was on the QB keeper where he got loose. 

Agree that the train horn played on all scores. 

Good crowd for both sides. 

When Phil Mason left, I am glad they hired Chris Skinner. What a great representative of the school. He is a alumnus. What most people don’t know is that he is an EXCELLENT teacher as well. Many in the school regard him as the best educator in the school.  He teaches Honors Biology for freshmen and really challenges his students in the classroom. Also teaches AP Biology. Many graduates rave how he has prepared them for college, and have heard some college students save their notes from freshman biology and refer to them in their college studies years later. Could not happen to a better guy. 

Phil and Chris are absolutely great guys!  

As a "Northern" guy....thankful that Andrean kept a "sweep" from happening.....

And as a GUY....Love those Mom's supporting their Sons....   😃

It was a wonderful weekend for IHSAA FB!!!   Support for all teams was off the charts

On 11/29/2021 at 1:08 AM, Yuccaguy said:

Phil and Chris are absolutely great guys!  

As a "Northern" guy....thankful that Andrean kept a "sweep" from happening.....

And as a GUY....Love those Mom's supporting their Sons....   😃

It was a wonderful weekend for IHSAA FB!!!   Support for all teams was off the charts

I watched on TV, but it looked like everyone had really big crowds. Agreed, great way to end the season. Patrick Clacks led Andrean in receiving on Saturday. The Sophomore recently picked up his first P5 offer from Pittsburgh. I believe Andrean's QB was a Sophomore as well. The '59'ers are going to be returning some serious offensive power next year.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I watched on TV, but it looked like everyone had really big crowds. Agreed, great way to end the season. Patrick Clacks led Andrean in receiving on Saturday. The Sophomore recently picked up his first P5 offer from Pittsburgh. I believe Andrean's QB was a Sophomore as well. The '59'ers are going to be returning some serious offensive power next year.

I am not too familiar with the entire make up of the Andrean football team.  Do they lose a lot from this years team?  Congrats on the state title Andrean.

Great season EMD.